Customer Discussions > Politics forum

Democrats have had decades to make entitlement programs work....

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 595 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2012 1:01:31 PM PDT
*I do admire your extrapolation skills Rosie.

You mean exploring the very next sentence? Where he said that they have a saftey net? The problem is that he is a liberal and does not see the safety net causes poverty.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2012 12:59:58 PM PDT
*I heard he was going to outlaw bread.

Nope, hell push for government mandate to ensure that we all are forced to buy bread.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2012 12:59:23 PM PDT
*At least there would be bread lines for people who needed food. If Romney gets in, he'll do away with any help for anyone. As he said, "I don't care about the poor", he'll just let the people starve to death. Under him, the numbers will be astronomical. Romney will keep everyone out of the lines...he won't have them!

Mr. Obamacare mandate? He said we have social services for them, he said the opposite. I just worry that he is not conserned with getting government out of the way those people can get jobs and stop being poor.

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 9:13:13 AM PDT
....They still don't work.

Why should republicans, libertarians and conservatives give you any more time and money?

Rick Wright
libertarian for Romney 2012

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2012 3:44:52 AM PDT
I do admire your extrapolation skills Rosie.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2012 1:09:40 AM PDT
BRNIZED says:
Unlike what I posted, I never heard him say he was going to take away bread...and neither did you. Your quip misses the mark because he did say he didn't care about the poor, and he did say he would end all "entitlement" programs. It's the difference between your fairy tale and reality of what he actually said.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2012 8:29:35 PM PDT
Sounds better than bread anyway.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2012 8:05:40 PM PDT
Let them eat cake.

Posted on Jul 25, 2012 7:41:52 PM PDT
I heard he was going to outlaw bread.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2012 7:19:23 PM PDT
BRNIZED says:
At least there would be bread lines for people who needed food. If Romney gets in, he'll do away with any help for anyone. As he said, "I don't care about the poor", he'll just let the people starve to death. Under him, the numbers will be astronomical. Romney will keep everyone out of the lines...he won't have them!

Posted on Jul 14, 2012 1:24:08 PM PDT
....They still don't work.

Why should republicans, libertarians and conservatives give you any more time and money?

Rick Wright
libertarian for Romney 2012

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2012 7:14:24 PM PDT
M. Daniel says:
charles says: "It is quite clear that you have no knowledge of what in going on in this country or the world today, 70 % of college grads can't find jobs.

I know enough to know the 70% figure is BS. Everybody is aware of the economic downturn we are in---you seem to think you have information nobody else has.

This has nothing to do with our discussion about people taking money away from lower income people when they buy housing, food, and gas. If employment was 100% people would still be spending their money on these things; so, the poor economy has nothing to do with this other than people have less money to buy these things.

You resort to insults rather than engaging in rational debate and argue facts that have nothing to do with the original discussion.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2012 5:39:16 PM PDT
Charles says:
It is quite clear that you have no knowledge of what in going on in this country or the world today, you should get away from these boards and do some reading or check out some news groups on you tube. 70 % of college grads can't find jobs.
If you can find a job
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/20/us-incomes-falling-as-optimism-reaches-10-year-low_n_1022118.html

"Americans' wages are falling, perhaps a reason why pessimism about their personal finances is now the lowest it's been in a decade.

The annual median wage fell in 2010 for the second year in a row to $26,364, a 1.2 percent drop from 2009, and the lowest level since 1999, according to David Cay Johnston at Reuters."

You and millions like you haven't a clue on what is really going on and yet with some screwed up idea , you're going to vote for the next party that will run this nation.

We have a two party dictatorship and most of America has made that way .

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2012 4:37:51 PM PDT
M. Daniel says:
charles says: "Is that your excuse for fifty million American living in poverty and another ten million on the streets."

I just stated some facts--they are not excuses. What is your alternative--a society in which people could not purchase items because you are afraid the rich might get some of the profit? There are many good paying skilled jobs available that cannot be filled. If a low income person wants to make more money they should take advantage of programs like Job Corps that pay all expenses including health care to get training. They are still buying housing, food, and gas, but they can buy more of it (giving more to the rich).

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2012 3:43:12 PM PDT
What does your world look like?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2012 2:45:12 PM PDT
Charles says:
Is that your excuse for fifty million American living in poverty and another ten million on the streets.
You can buy a meal at Denny's if you want

No wonder this world is so screwed up.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2012 2:13:10 PM PDT
M. Daniel says:
charles says: "That is why we have 98% of the world with 5% of the wealth while 2% of the world have 95 % of the wealth and getting more every hour."

We are all free to voluntarily give our time and wealth to those who are less fortunate.

When I choose to purchase a meal at a restaurant, I don't see that as the restaurant taking my money from me to give to that rich guy Jack. He offered a product which I voluntarily purchased.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2012 11:50:46 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 13, 2012 11:57:24 AM PDT
Charles says:
M. Daniel says:

"It has always worked this way--it is not a trend."

That is why we have 98% of the world with 5% of the wealth while 2% of the world have 95 % of the wealth and getting more every hour.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2012 11:46:06 AM PDT
*You did not answer the question. Are you claiming somebody is taking money away from lower economic levels? You have it backwards: if I am lower income I may be getting tax credits, welfare, food stamps, Medicaid, WIC, SCHIPS, educational aid, child care assistance. Rather than people taking it away from them, the middle-class and wealthy are being taxed and the money is being given to lower economic levels. Check out the federal budget.

The point is that these people are owed free food and transfer payments because we live in an unfair country. If I don't don't get $20 an hour then my fair share is being stolen from me. Any time a company charges more than cost on an item then the difference is stolen by the rich. Any time that profits are more than labor costs that is another way the rich steals their wealth. Any time a bank charges interest they are stealing because they are getting money by not adding any value. If anyone charge rent and keeps a profit that is also theft because a person adds no value and obtains riches.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2012 11:41:18 AM PDT
*What is being taken from lower economic levels? Most of them owe no federal income taxes. How is it being taken?

What you have to understand is Marxism. That is when I don't give a guy in the street $10 I have taken it from him. The amount of profit subtracted from wages is the amount that the rich have stolen from the poor.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2012 8:59:54 AM PDT
M. Daniel says:
charles says:"((housing, gas, food, war.)) all of these take money from the lower lvls and give it to the rich. Housing is extremely high cost and ultimately, ends up with the rich getting their hands on the money. Gas , likewise. Food, there are five large corporation that control most all food distribution in this country, money goes right to the rich ( some to the workers but that in return still gets to the rich."

Two comments:
1. This is not limited to lower income. Lower, middle, and upper income all purchase housing, gas, and food. Nobody is taking it away from them, they are exchanging goods for money. All Americans are doing this.

2. A lot of the money does not go to the wealthy. In my town the guys that build homes are far from wealthy. They subcontract to plumbers, carpenters, carpet businesses, etc. All the community businesses and workers benefit from these purchases. The guy selling gas at the convenience store, the truck driver who delivers the gas, the operator at the refinery, and the guy at the drilling rig are all getting a cut and are not the wealthy. Sure, some are making more than others, but they own the business. It is like this in every society. What is the alternative?
It has always worked this way--it is not a trend.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2012 9:22:03 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 12, 2012 9:25:41 PM PDT
Charles says:
I'll be, you are trying , sorry I thought less of you.

I think the confusion comes in here.
M. Daniel says:

charles says: "I see a strong movement toward taking everything from the lower economic levels and giving it all to the rich"

What is being taken from lower economic levels?

((Most of them owe no federal income taxes. ( this refers to money )( followed by ) How is it being taken? (seemingly still refering to money))
My answer to that was

charles says:

((housing, gas, food, war.)) all of these take money from the lower lvls and give it to the rich. Housing is extremely high cost and ultimately, ends up with the rich getting their hands on the money. Gas , likewise. Food, there are five large corporation that control most all food distribution in this country, money goes right to the rich ( some to the workers but that in return still gets to the rich. Wars, an extremely costly thing. And we see very little is any return from the money that goes to destroying countries only to have a large corporation rebuild it at our expense. Money money money to the rich.

There was your answer to the question you implied with," Most of them owe no federal income takentaxes. How is it being taken?
"housing, gas, food, war"

Again, I am sorry I accused you of being insincere.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2012 9:00:35 PM PDT
This Time the Dream's on Me

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2012 8:55:52 PM PDT
Ummm, nice one!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2012 8:34:26 PM PDT
M. Daniel says:
Here are the posts. You never answered the question except with nonsense. The closest you came to describing how people are taking money away from lower income is to say their bosses should pay them more. Certainly, that nonsense could not be your answer. Who stopped them from complaining too loud.

charles: Or repost it and I'll show you just how bad you are at comprehension. You make a bad sock too

charles says: "I see a strong movement toward taking everything from the lower economic levels and giving it all to the rich"

daniel: What is being taken from lower economic levels?

charles: housing, gas, food, war. PS: even the right to complain out loud

daniel: Makes no sense.You are claiming somebody is taking housing, gas, and food away from lower economic levels and giving it to the wealthy?

charles: Were you not refering to money when you asked how it was being taken ? Then these ways are used to take what funds the lower levels have left .

daniel: You did not answer the question. Are you claiming somebody is taking money away from lower economic levels?

charles: I answered your question, you seem to pay even less attention to other post than you have to your own.

charles: Your middle class is disappearing and if your wealthy were to pay more to those they employed, then they wouldn't have it taken from them to help support them due to lack of income.

You never explained your claim unless you consider the above posts an explanation.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 24 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Politics forum
Participants:  41
Total posts:  595
Initial post:  Jun 20, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions