Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Politics forum

You might be a narcissist

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 162 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 4:11:58 PM PDT
DEEZUS says:
yes, it does.

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 4:06:38 PM PDT
Rover says:
Now that's just piling on. LOL

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 4:03:44 PM PDT
Rover says:
The wink goes with the laugh-track.

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 3:53:37 PM PDT
Mark Time says:
You think he's jealous of you?

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 3:12:48 PM PDT
joe biden wishes he had the IQ of a village idiot.

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 10:32:15 AM PDT
DEEZUS says:
that "aw shucks" folkiness with the winking and whatnot did not help.

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 10:29:40 AM PDT
DEEZUS says:
Joe Biden is also a flaky twit.

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 10:23:19 AM PDT
Rover says:
She's not a flaky twit. She's an intelligent woman who's been portrayed as a flaky twit by people who disagree with her politics.

After getting a college degree, she served on a council, served two terms as Mayor, then won Governorship of Alaska, then she ran for VP, wrote a book and went on speaking tours, all while raising a large family. Doesn't sound like a flaky twit to me. In fact, she far more accomplished than the vast majority of women.

Look at Joe Biden, on the other hand. He's portrayed as an elder statesman who frequently says humorous things, like a favorite uncle! When the guy makes a ridiculous gaff, which is almost every time he opens his mouth, they que the Sitcom laugh-track and say, "That's our Joe! Hahaha!". =)

BS

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 10:16:13 AM PDT
A Customer says:
Was that the post that got deleted?

Bwahahaha

Posted on May 13, 2012 10:07:59 AM PDT
Tom, no H says:
Jonathan "Jimmy Dean" Lane:... says:

"Your retarded..."

No Corky, no!

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 10:05:51 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 13, 2012 10:11:42 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 9:59:18 AM PDT
DEEZUS says:
That's not why people didn't like her.

She was a flaky twit...that's what the problem was.

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 9:57:21 AM PDT
Rover says:
People still believe that lie about Palin.

Think about it. They destroyed her. People revile her, and all she did was run for on the McCain ticket.

These people can't be that stupid. They have to be blowing cereal all over there keyboards when they write this crap. They aren't worth reading.

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 9:55:12 AM PDT
Rover says:
When people say something is "ignored by the media," they mean that it's a story which the mainstream media didn't want to talk about because it hurt their agenda, and so they either didn't report it at all, or else they didn't report it until it became common knowledge thru other media sources, and so they were forced to at least mention it. Often times, such stories only get a few seconds and are only mentioned a few times.

There are many cases of this, for example, Obama hired a outspoken and overt Communist and 9/11 Truther named Van Jones. He was on the White House staff. And the mainstream media ignored this story until other media, then Fox News kept reporting it for months. Then Obama fired Jones, THEN AND ONLY THEN did the mainstream media even mention his name.

The same thing happened with the ACORN story. The same thing appens with many stories.

However, if a news story advances their agenda, the mainstream media will cover it wall-to-wall, with specials and on-the-spot reporters. NEWS FLASH!!! Even when the story is a total fabrication, like CBS News' 2004 election night bombshell about Bush. Total lie. Covered wall-to-wall.

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 9:46:29 AM PDT
A Customer says:
Do you think *anyone* was fighting on "Obama's behalf"?

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 9:41:58 AM PDT
Let me tell you, when I was in Iraq, I was there because that was my job. That's pretty much it. You'll be hard pressed to find many military men with that blind patriotism people think we feel all the time.

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 9:17:30 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 13, 2012 9:22:59 AM PDT
I was, of course, taking a cheap shot at Mrs. Palin, making a reference not to her original remark ("you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska") but to the Tina Fey parody on TV. It was a cheap shot in the service of adding a note of levity to my post.

I hereby apologize to Private Citizen Palin and her many fans for that cheap shot, though I would still say that seeing some desolate Russian territory from sparsely populated island or a remote Alaskan outpost in the Bering Sea hardly qualifies one as an adept at foreign policy or on American-Russian relations - or a possible leader of the United States.

I will amend my earlier post to remove the offending statement.

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 8:38:28 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 13, 2012 3:10:42 PM PDT
what about someone who dishonestly [or brainlessly] repeats the falsehood that Sarah Palin said she can see the Soviet Union from her back porch?

should anything that person says be considered to have any value whatsoever?

Posted on May 13, 2012 8:23:57 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 13, 2012 9:23:39 AM PDT
And if someone who aspires to be leader of the most powerful nation on earth can twice within one week in April 2012 refer to one of America's major international rivals, a still rather sprawling and resource-rich country ruled by Vladimir Putin and his clique, as "the Soviet Union", can we not readily assume that this man is suffering from early onset Alzheimer's disease?

Uhh... no. Not unless we wish to reveal ourselves as extremely foolish and/or petty, partisan and not very fair in how we fling charges at people we disagree with or find distasteful for one reason or another.

Mitt Romney's referring to that country that is still today a significant player in world affairs as "the Soviet Union" can be better written as a slip of the tongue, general carelessness in the hectic of a campaign, or - at worse - an annoying lack of focus on international affairs by a man who should be more focused on this as he makes his case for leading the most powerful nation as it engages with that rival country (Russia) which aims to be again pretty powerful.

And we might add that anyone who seeks the office of US president at this time in history probably has a slight streak of narcissism to him (or her). It has almost become a qualification for the office. (By the way, we should not forget that private citizen Romney has appeared on a number of late-night talk shows speaking over the last four years, and often used the words I, my and me in describing what he would do for the country if given the power to do so.)

I think that Mr. Romney and President Obama probably have an equal measure of narcissism in the interesting alloys of their characters. And I would also say that both of these men had much less narcissism in their characters than most of the other men and one woman who made a serious run at the presidency this year.

(N.B: The original post contained the cheap shot " the country that Sarah Palin can see from her back porch as "the Soviet Union".)

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 8:02:20 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 13, 2012 5:08:51 PM PDT
Rover:

Excuse me, Reverend Jeremiah Wright was "ignored by the media"? Oh ... then how did I learn his name, learn about some of his foolishly skewed and unfair sermons, learn about the fact that he had performed the wedding ceremony of Barack Obama and Michelle Robinson and was the pastor of the church that the then presidential candidate had attended for some years?

Did I somehow dream all this and, in those dreams which lasted for several weeks, also dream that these facts were being reported, repeated and rehashed several times in various media, including CNN, the New York Times, the Washington Post and Slate magazine?

As you can see, I have very vivid and frighteningly detailed dreams.

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2012 10:04:42 AM PDT
nameinuse says:
Yeah, well start "an interesting" thread on the same psychobabble nontopic for the bazillionth time, and you gets what you gets.

------------------

bazillionth time or one time, i doubt it would be any different

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 9:32:45 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 11, 2012 9:42:54 PM PDT
nameinuse says:
We have a Republic and a Democracy. More accurately a Constitutional Democratic Republic.
And, I see this often, the Republic part of things has almost nothing to do with the electoral college because Electoral votes are apportioned to the population. They change.... and when they change the influence the popular vote in any given state has on the national results also changes because the electoral votes either increase or decrease with the population of the state which is a big reason why we have a census every ten years.
Republic means we have states with state governments and state constitutions that are unified into a nation under the federal government. The Guarantee clause Article 4 in the Constitution guarantees every state in the union a republican form of government, meaning that they are guaranteed the right to have a state Constitution and pass state laws (as long as they don't violate the Constitution of the United States) balanced against the federal government's ability with it's democratically elected representatives to pass laws affecting the states as long as they're working within the powers granted to them in the US Constitution. That is the part that makes us a Republic. But to say we are a Republic and NOT a Democracy, is patently false.

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 9:10:05 PM PDT
M. Gaudet says:
You know we have a Republic not a Democracy correct?

"Our Democracy" is of the limited kind and is not by the mob, we have an electoral system for choosing our President.

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 8:57:33 PM PDT
Pit Bull...Leonard is an insult machine..AND.. a darn intelligent one at that!!!

Posted on May 11, 2012 8:52:12 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 12, 2012 3:25:02 PM PDT
Pit Bull..Gets so frustrated when we ALL attack him BUT uses no common sense and doesn't backs off. He must secretly enjoy being degraded and humiliated!?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Politics forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
3411 7 days ago
Dan Berrigan died 34 42 seconds ago
Drone cars and trucks, how long beforea major accident, hacks 34 2 minutes ago
no one here has mentioned takeover of buildings by crowd in Baghdad 13 2 minutes ago
Are Women inherently unable to match wits with Men without resorting to using sex as a weapon? 24 3 minutes ago
Ahhhh!!! A park ranger!!! Run for your lives!!!!!!! 5 12 minutes ago
Trump's Protesters? Recruited and Paid by Soros and Killary 6 12 minutes ago
"North Korea and South Korea should stop fighting cause you are both Japanese" - Sarah Palin 43 14 minutes ago
Would anybody care if we gave California back to Mexico? 7 14 minutes ago
Illegals bust'in stuff up at Trump rallies 104 22 minutes ago
The 1940s and the 1950s Are A Myth? Tell THEM That, Liberals! 1290 25 minutes ago
Ted Cruz Can Still Deny Trump GOP Nomination 347 27 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Politics forum
Participants:  22
Total posts:  162
Initial post:  May 10, 2012
Latest post:  May 13, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions