Customer Discussions > Politics forum

Obama: Sometimes I forget about the magnitude of the recession

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 11, 2012 1:44:28 PM PDT
Captain says:
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-sometimes-i-forget-magnitude-recession_644355.html

Posted on May 11, 2012 1:44:52 PM PDT
Captain says:
Mitt Romney's press secretary, Andrea Saul, responds: "It's not surprising that a president who forgot to create jobs, forgot to cut the debt, and forgot to change Washington has now admitted that he's forgotten about the recession. In fact, it seems that the President has forgotten that he's been in office for the last three-and-a-half years. In November, the American people won't forget."

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 1:49:43 PM PDT
Ice King says:
I don't even need to read this one to know that you most likely took one line out of context and used it to prove your asinine point. You really are a twit.

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 1:50:37 PM PDT
C. Scanlon says:
thank you arsekicker!

Posted on May 11, 2012 2:03:37 PM PDT
Captain says:
"I don't even need to read this"

Well duh. It's a video.

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 3:33:47 PM PDT
C. Scanlon says:
don't need to read it!

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 3:35:31 PM PDT
I miss W says:
The public hasn't forgotten!

Even after spotting Democrats a nine-point lead in the polling demographics, AP-Gfk's latest polling numbers are catastrophically, DISASTROUSLY bad for the Obizzle campaign:

Disapprove of the way Obama's handling gas prices: 65%
Expect unemployment to increase or remain the same: 67%
Things in this country heading in the right direction: 56% say "Wrong direction"
Disapprove of the way Obama's handling the economy: 52%
Describe the nation's economy as poor: 64%

http://ap-gfkpoll.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/AP-GfK-Poll-May-2012-Topline-final_OBAMA.pdf

Posted on May 11, 2012 3:39:59 PM PDT
Paul Crow says:
Sometimes I forget that the recession was caused by failed Republican policies.

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 3:41:44 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 11, 2012 3:41:54 PM PDT
I miss W says:
Do you also forget that that lame excuse didn't work in the 2010 elections?

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 3:46:26 PM PDT
Paul Crow says:
The truth isn't a lame excuse, W, no matter how hard you try to spin it.

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 3:51:19 PM PDT
I miss W says:
It's a lame excuse when the public doesn't believe it. The truth is that today's economy is totally of Obizzle's making.

Posted on May 11, 2012 4:16:04 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 11, 2012 4:17:47 PM PDT
A customer says:
Barry's lie today in Reno, NV:

"As part of his "To Do List," President Barack Obama visited Val and Paul Keller on Friday. The White House described them as "responsible" homeowners who owe more on their mortgage than their Nevada home is currently worth.

They owe $168,000 on their mortgage, but their Reno home is currently valued at $100,000.

The president is doing so to, "help demonstrate a concrete and tangible example as to why this broader push [to refinance] is so important not only for millions of Americans but for our economy," said Shaun Donovan, secretary of Housing and Urban Development, in a conference call with reporters before the event.

During that call, Donovan used the words "responsible homeowners" more than a dozen times, in describing whom the administration's proposed refinance programs should help.

It is not the Kellers' fault that home prices in Reno are down 52 percent from the peak, right? The Kellers bought their house 14 years ago, and they have not been late on a mortgage payment, according to Donovan. They were able to take advantage of the newly expanded government refinance program through Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac for severely underwater borrowers, and they are in fact putting some of their savings on the monthly mortgage toward paying down principal.

But were they responsible?

The Kellers bought their home before the height of the housing boom. The trouble I'm having understanding this whole scenario is that the median home price in Reno is actually 7 percent higher today than it was 14 years ago. If the Kellers had a "responsible" loan, that would be a 30-year fixed, in which case they should have paid at least some principal on the loan over the last 14 years. And didn't these "responsible" borrowers, the Kellers, put some money down on the home?

We went looking: According to Washoe County records, the Kellers purchased their home in June 1998 for $127,000. So why do they have, according to the White House, a $168,000 mortgage?

White House officials now confirm to CNBC that the Kellers did a cash-out refinance in 2007, when their home had appreciated to $250,000. Again, it's not illegal, but are these the "responsible" borrowers that the administration is looking to help? They took out a $178,000 loan, using the $51,000 to pay down debt on the family construction business, so Paul could retire. Had they not taken that money out, and continued paying on the original mortgage, they would not be underwater today.........."

http://www.cnbc.com/id/47391193

"oOps, I lied again" ~ Barry Obama

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 5:03:21 PM PDT
C. Scanlon says:
can you please source this quote? I cannot locate it in the register of Presidential speeches, addresses nor remarks.

"oOps, I lied again" ~ Barry Obama
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Politics forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  May 11, 2012
Latest post:  May 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions