Customer Discussions > Politics forum

Jeb Bush: Reagan Wouldn't Fit In Today's GOP

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-20 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 13, 2012 10:01:39 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 13, 2012 10:05:27 AM PDT
J. jones says:
It seems that Democrats and independents aren't the only ones that think the Republican party has become increasingly radical and unreasonable. No less a leader of prominence than Jeb Bush himself has made some comments lately that have a hornet's nest of conservatives buzzing.
Jeb Bush recently stated, in an interview, that today's Republican party is out of touch with society, citing several issues where Republicans have recently behaved in ways that have alienated voters, including not reaching out to democrats as Reagan did, and in taking a harsh stance on immigration, which scares the crap out of Latinos.
Are there any thought's on Jeb Bush's comments?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 10:11:56 AM PDT
This is the third or fourth from the party core to have taken this step back towards sanity. Bravo!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 10:14:27 AM PDT
Rev. Otter says:
<<Are there any thought's on Jeb Bush's comments?>>

http://radio.foxnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/rino.jpg

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 10:17:22 AM PDT
Jeb is the winner of an all expenses paid trip to the Lincoln Bedroom! Congrats Jeb!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 10:18:42 AM PDT
J. jones says:
In reply to your post on Jun 13, 2012 10:14:27 AM PDT
Rev. Otter says:
<<Are there any thought's on Jeb Bush's comments?>>

http://radio.foxnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/rino.jpg

j.jones says: I said thoughts, not drivel.

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 10:25:57 AM PDT
Shain Edge says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 10:31:31 AM PDT
Reagan raised taxes - that alone puts the GOP out of touch with their roots.

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 10:33:25 AM PDT
Captain says:
The lefties loves them some Bushies!

This is the irony of them hating George Bush. They got everything they could have wanted in terms of growing government during Bush's terms. Obama has gotten them nothing they wanted.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 1:59:42 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 13, 2012 2:00:13 PM PDT
Shain Edge says:
Regan raised taxes to reach across the isle in a political gesture. Democrats owned the House. Republicans learn that once Democrats get what they want, they prominently forget the rest of the bargain.

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 2:39:10 PM PDT
neonpisces says:
> Jeb Bush: Reagan Wouldn't Fit In Today's GOP

Benito Mussolini wouldn't fit in today's GOP.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 2:48:23 AM PDT
No he wouldn't, they would call him a RINO.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 3:20:30 AM PDT
M. Gaudet says:
His brother W would not do anything about illegals, why would Jeb think any different. Thank god he is not running for President. He would be another Bush President we have already had more than enough of them.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 3:42:26 AM PDT
Give him 4 years if Romney doesn't win, 8 if he does. We will see another Bush run for president yet. The question is will the Bilderberg group support him or Marco Rubio.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 4:21:19 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 14, 2012 4:22:42 PM PDT
Don't forget: Reagan was originally a disaffected Democrat !

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 4:22:09 PM PDT
nor Pol Pot...they'd claim he was a wimpy Liberal.

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 4:23:52 PM PDT
The only people who "fit in" to today's GOP is the Fresh Beat Band -- provided they carry Uzis, of course.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 12:02:03 PM PDT
J. jones says:
Reagan expanded the role of the United States in world affairs, which naturally carried a hefty price tag. He raised taxes 11 times. He worked with Democratic Speaker of the House Tip O' Neil. And he provided amnesty to undocumented workers. And the Tea Party worships him as a rock star!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 12:02:36 PM PDT
J. jones says:
What do you think Reagan would say about the Dream Act, Gaudet?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 12:06:53 PM PDT
J. jones says:
Shain Edge, You have some good points. I would have to say, though, that Dems have done more to work with Republicans than vice-versa in this era of divisive politics. I am not saying all Dems are reasonable. I am just observing what I feel is an extreme right wing surge of 1950s policies dominating the GOP agenda. I know that both parties go through their phases, like the extreme left, in the 60s and 70s. But right now, the Republican right is too radical for mainstream government.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 1:30:46 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 15, 2012 1:37:50 PM PDT
Shain Edge says:
I have to back at least half of the Right's platform. I'm completely against the use of military to bash anyone who doesn't tip toe around us. I'm not anti-military mind you, but I want our military to be used for a purpose which directly defends the constitution of the united states. We haven't restricted our self to that in the last 100 years.

However. I do have to support them (in their current mode) in resisting every effort to keep spending federal money for every crisis, real or imagined. We need to start looking outside the federal government for answers to our problems. We especially don't need to keep throwing our non-existent federal money at every situation. We also need to cut back federal government to at least 1/4th of what it is today.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Politics forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  20
Initial post:  Jun 13, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions