Customer Discussions > Politics forum

ll Thank God Nikki Haley Isn't a Democrat Or It'd Be A Hate Crime

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 24, 2012 2:22:29 AM PDT
"If you haven't seen it yet, Newsbusters has the video of South Carolina AFL-CIO president Donna DeWitt beating the hell out of a piñata with a picture of Nikki Haley taped to it. The union crowd cheers her on.

This comes just days after Phil Bailey of the South Carolina Democratic Party called Nikki Haley a "sikh Jesus" multiple times on Twitter.

Were Nikki Haley a Democrat, the media would make this the front page story across the nation - racist tea partiers beating up the minority governor in effigy.

But no, Nikki Haley is a Republican minority. The media views most stories like this in terms of victim and victimizer and a minority who signs on with the Republicans has, in the mind of so many reporters in America, chosen to join the victimizer class. Therefore, when she herself is a victim, it's just payback.

It's sad that this would be the case, but the media has for decades shown us how they operate. What would be front page for days in a row on the New York Times were Nikki Haley a Democrat will be barely covered.

But on the bright side, we lose one less news cycle to a story of union violence and keep the focus on how Barack Obama is destroying the economy."

http://www.redstate.com/erick/2012/05/23/
well-thank-god-nikki-haley-isnt-a-democrat-or-itd-be-a-hate-crime/

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2012 2:53:06 AM PDT
Brian McGregor -

Yeah, I've already read about this on a few liberal blogs. They called it racist, because it was. I don't think anyone ever claimed that there were no racists outside the Republican party. Racism should be called such, regardless of where it is.

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2012 9:44:57 AM PDT
Exactly...but....we know the definition of racism is such that hate crimes can't be committed by anybody except Tea Party gun-toting Republicans.

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2012 8:46:02 AM PDT
RD: Exactly...but....we know the definition of racism is such that hate crimes can't be committed by anybody except Tea Party gun-toting Republicans.

BPL: Not at all. They're just ten times or so more likely.

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2012 8:50:13 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 25, 2012 8:54:40 AM PDT
Ice King says:
Plus, hate crimes need to be committed against humans.
This mock outrage is just the usual distraction nonsense of the right.

When I say human, I mean the pinata, I'm not saying Nikki Haley isn't human.

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012 8:57:08 AM PDT
J. jones says:
Brian McGregor says:
"If you haven't seen it yet, Newsbusters has the video of South Carolina AFL-CIO president Donna DeWitt beating the hell out of a piñata with a picture of Nikki Haley taped to it. The union crowd cheers her on.

J.jones says: I guess Democrats can't get too upset about something they witness the Tea Party Republicans doing quite often to the President.

Posted on May 26, 2012 10:44:54 AM PDT
2/2 Tango says:
The Banshee screaming "whack her - whack her" was an especially classy touch.

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012 11:26:33 AM PDT
Nope, still free speech.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Politics forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  May 24, 2012
Latest post:  May 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions