Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS
Customer Discussions > Politics forum

Kindness In America

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 12, 2012 9:18:49 AM PDT
This is a sad but interesting (in an ironic way) story about kindness in America.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/06/12/hitchhiker_shot/

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 11:34:01 AM PDT
Mende Mui says:
That's just crazy; what if this guy died, it would have been just another random murder... I think the authorities should really check this shooter's back ground, because he might be a serial killer.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 11:38:00 AM PDT
might even be george zimmerman

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 11:51:29 AM PDT
ET says:
I think it's a comment about one man, not America.

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 12:00:13 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 12, 2012 12:00:40 PM PDT
Mende Mui says:
I think Empress is looking at how absurd the whole accident is; a guy writing about kindness in America get almost shot to death randomly... He might think twice about the book title. It's just human nature!

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 12:00:25 PM PDT
then why do I hide for my own personal safety across the border, here, Ciudad Juarez?

no one here has ever flashed their gun laden holster at me, here, as in the USA, in my own post ofice while I peacefully chat with a friend, or in the supermarket

the USa has gone off the hook

I come here for peace and to relax from all of that violence and hatred and lack of simple civilization in the USA

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 12:00:46 PM PDT
What does his working "in the fossil fuel industry" have to do with being a nut job? And how does George Zimmerman come up in every thread now? There are a few people here obsessed with that story.

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 12:05:37 PM PDT
every American must be, and every American parent concerned for the safety of our children

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 12:17:07 PM PDT
Rev Otter says:
the obvious solution is more guns. arm everyone. children, too.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 12:24:50 PM PDT
Right, because George Zimmerman is one of the greatest threats my children currently face.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 12:28:24 PM PDT
Not a guy I want WATCHING kids in my neighborhood, getting out of his vehicle with weapon drawn to shoot kids dead in the street walking home

but, hey, you're good with that, what am I going to say?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 12:32:27 PM PDT
George doesn't live near me, so I am not that worried about it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Politics forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
3411 11 days ago
Sheila's Summer Sea Shanty 8720 2 seconds ago
A vote for anyone other than Trump is a vote against America 193 6 seconds ago
The 1940s and the 1950s Are A Myth? Tell THEM That, Liberals! 1599 2 minutes ago
Is Bernie Sanders the last hope for America? 26 3 minutes ago
Possible up-sides to a Trump presidency 55 4 minutes ago
All the News Anti-Israel Posters do not care to read or discuss 1252 4 minutes ago
AH! ... Annie 2 5 minutes ago
Harvard tests show parental neglect causes homosexuality and also bisexuality 984 6 minutes ago
Political Correctness needs to die in 2016 and stay dead for good 68 11 minutes ago
Fox News "Expert" Pleads Guilty 52 11 minutes ago
Something You Should Know #23: Climate Change Is The Greatest Threat Human Beings Face On Planet Earth In The Long Term. It Is The Greatest Risk To National Security, Even Greater Than Domestic Or International Terrorism. Herein Find A Primer On ACC. 2798 12 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Politics forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Jun 12, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions