Customer Discussions > Politics forum

Now this is just outrageous: "SEALs: Obama Taking Credit for bin Laden 'Cheap Shot'"

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 426-450 of 455 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 9, 2012 9:16:19 PM PDT
J. jones says:
EE fumes: "In a recent Gallup poll that found support around the world for U.S. leadership under Obama has fallen between 2010 and 2011."
Obama has really been doing a great job!

I hate to say it, EE( actually I relish saying it), but you have never been more wrong.

In reply to an earlier post on May 9, 2012 9:18:02 PM PDT
J. jones says:
Superman, you told so many lies that you got deleted before I could even read your post!

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 6:01:03 AM PDT
A customer says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 6:12:06 AM PDT
Eagle Eye says:
JJ
What's the matter starting to get scared? Now that his respect around the world has dropped and in the West Virginia primary he only beat a guy in prison by 9%. Sorry you hitched your wagon to a falling star.

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 6:38:30 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 10, 2012 7:12:43 AM PDT
S. Evans says:
EE blathered: "Now that his respect around the world has dropped ...."

Let's look at some graphs, class. Please compare 2008 with 2011. Write a one-paragraph report on your findings. Let me start you out. In 2008, only one country surveyed had an approval rating of the U.S. higher than 70%. That country was (drum roll)... the U.S. In 2011, in contrast, four countries rated us higher than 70%. Once again, one was the U.S.

http://www.pewglobal.org/database/?indicator=1&survey=9&response=Favorable&mode=chart

Edit: I just realized that EE was talking more about Obama himself here, and not as much about America. So let's look at our graphs again, class. In 2008, the highest approval of the U.S. President was 60%. In 2011, 10 nations ranked the President at greater than 60%. Even among historically-low-approval countries like Turkey and Pakistan, Obama's approval has risen.

http://www.pewglobal.org/database/?indicator=6&survey=9&response=Confidence&mode=chart

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 6:44:10 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 10, 2012 6:45:39 AM PDT
F. Hollister says:
SuperFool:

Geez, I see your point! I should be deeply concerned about the Democratic vote in West Virginia.

Just after Mr. Obama was elected, a GNoP desperate to make up good news went on and on and on about the "mini-mid-term" elections in Virginia and New Jersey. Now, those elections had been conducted for decades. The party in the White House hadn't won one of those since, I believe, the mid-1980's in one state and the mid-1970's in the other.

Please convince yourself it's going to be a cakewalk for (r)Money from now until November. Yes, Gov. Walker's war on working people and Richard Lugar's defeat in Indiana prove the Republican Party is in rational hands.

Pleeease.

PS: You must have been thrilled a con man from Texas got 100% of the Republican vote in 2000 and 2004.

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 6:46:22 AM PDT
F. Hollister says:
Eagle Eye:

Please see my response to SuperFool, below.

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 7:03:36 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 10, 2012 7:04:46 AM PDT
A customer says:
" Gov. Walker's war on working people "

Read up, Scott Walker received more votes then the two Democrats did, combined. Walker was running uncontested.

Scott Walker has reformed WI. The folks love him

Obama won WI in 2008. Not in 2012

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 7:20:40 AM PDT
J. jones says:
In reply to your post on May 10, 2012 6:01:03 AM PDT
Superman ™ says:
Telling more lies isn't helping your Amazon credibility ~ Why do liberals lie?

I believe it's a birth defect myself

Then "certain" conservatives must have a congenital deformity! LOL

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 7:30:43 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 10, 2012 7:31:49 AM PDT
J. jones says:
In reply to your post on May 10, 2012 6:12:06 AM PDT
Eagle Eye crows:
JJ
What's the matter starting to get scared? Now that his respect around the world has dropped and in the West Virginia primary he only beat a guy in prison by 9%. Sorry you hitched your wagon to a falling star.

J.jones says: Sorry, EE, but overall respect for the president AND the country has increased substantially since Bush went back to Texas. Obama's approval rating is higher than Bush's was worldwide, which is the only real comparison you can make. And, The U.S. has rebounded tremendously under Obama, as opposed to the deplorable approval ratings under Bush. And you can pick any system you want, you can't make Bush more popular than Obama. And you can't make the U.S. under Bush more respectable than it is now under "B-Rock", as you guys like to call him.
And did you really bring up West Virginia???!!! Now, there's an equal opportunity state if I ever saw one. Why didn't you just say Mississippi, or Alabama? That guy in the West Virgina prison, was he black or white? Your answer tells you why he polled higher than Obama in one of the most prejudiced states in the country.

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 7:35:42 AM PDT
J. jones says:
F. Hollister says: Meanwhile, about one in five self-identified Republicans won't vote for a Mormon for President.

J.jones adds: I am wondering, Hollister, why the other 4 of the five would, when they complain about universal health care, and Romney was its architect?

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 7:39:50 AM PDT
Eagle Eye says:
We aren't talking about the US we are talking about how Obama is viewed around the world. In fact for all his wooing of the Muslim world his approval ratings in the Arab world are even lower the Bush. But that was a nice try at deflection.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/153929/Leadership-Losing-Status-Key-Countries.aspx?utm_source=alert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=syndication&utm_content=morelink&utm_term=All%20Gallup%20Headlines%20-%20Leadership%20-%20Perceptions%20of%20Foreign%20Countries%20-%20Presidential%20Job%20Approval%20-%20World

http://aai.3cdn.net/5d2b8344e3b3b7ef19_xkm6ba4r9.pdf

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 7:40:31 AM PDT
J. jones says:
F. Hollister points out:
Since the existing debt was high when he took office, the dollar amount is going to go up under any new Administration. The right wing nutz never discuss the Bush Presidency accounting gimmicks eliminated by the Obama Administration. The debt service on the debt inherited is never mentioned. The $700B stimulus package was 40% tax CUTS. Do the so-called "conservatives" bring that up?

The Bush tax cuts were extended. Tax cuts must be paid for. This is news? It costs money to run two wars. This is news?

J.jones says: I have been saying as much for months now. Hannity never addresses an in-depth critique of his talking points about the national debt. And he ignores the natural rise in everything under successive administrations. Inflation and other factors contribute heavily to the debt NO MATTER WHO IS IN OFFICE. (sorry, but sometimes caps help me say stuff better) lol

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 7:43:20 AM PDT
J. jones says:
I guess Obama's not a Muslim after all, huh EE? He must be better than Bush, at what Bush allegedly did best. Kill Terrorists.

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 7:45:55 AM PDT
Eagle Eye says:
Prove it!

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 7:53:48 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 10, 2012 7:54:28 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 7:56:29 AM PDT
Eagle Eye says:
JJ
Do you live in a fantasy world? Have you ever seen one post of mine that said he was a Muslim? The closest you will come is when I said that to the "Muslim world" if you have a Muslim father your a Muslim. Their words not mine! So if you can't even keep that straight why should I bother to read your posts as you obviously don't know what your talking about? One last thing we are talking about Obama not Bush.

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 8:06:46 AM PDT
bperr says:
I will vouch for you on this....EE has said MANY a negetive thing about Obama, but I really dont remember him ever saying that he thought he was a muslim....

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 8:13:00 AM PDT
A customer says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 8:27:03 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 10, 2012 8:28:05 AM PDT
S. Evans says:
EE: "We aren't talking about the US we are talking about how Obama is viewed around the world. "

Yes. So please re-read my post where I addressed this with reputable facts and figures.

Edit: From your own source:
"Although the image of U.S. leadership is showing some cracks in the third year of President Barack Obama's presidency, it remains more positive worldwide than during the last years of the Bush administration. Across 136 countries, median approval of U.S. leadership in 2011 stood at 46% -- relatively unchanged from the 47% median across 116 countries in 2010."

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 8:32:46 AM PDT
bperr says:
if he is, then so are the rest of us too....

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 8:36:00 AM PDT
F. Hollister says:
Eagle Eye:

It will be proven in November.

Meanwhile, The Economist newspaper quoted a June 2011 Gallup poll of Republicans. Personally, I find the one in five number (18%, actually) astonishing. Most of the time people will not admit to being a bigot - at least to a complete stranger asking them questions on the phone. This leads me to believe the actual number is much higher.

Of course, these so-called religious folks don't see themselves as bigots. But that's a major part of the problem, now isn't it?

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 8:37:14 AM PDT
F. Hollister says:
Eagle Eye:

You don't understand what it takes to be a Muslim. There are five criteria: The religion of one's parents does not enter into it.

Perhaps you are confusing the Jewish religion with the Muslim. There are, of course, remarkable similarities.

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 9:03:16 AM PDT
Eagle Eye says:
And again the only way you can spin things is to compare things to Bush. You may have forgotten Obama has been president for the last 3.5 years not Bush! Let's look at a little data from Gallup shall we?
Here are some approval ratings:
Africa 85% in 2009, 74% in 2011, down 11%
Americas 53% in 2009, 40% in 2011, down 13%
Europe 47% in 2009, 42% in 2011. down 5%
The numbers among Arab nations is even worse. I can post those also if you would like.
This also from Gallup "The list of countries where approval of U.S. leadership dropped substantially --10 points or more -- in 2011 is nearly twice as long as the list in 2010. The list represents every major global region and includes major nations and longtime U.S. allies. U.S. leadership approval made substantial gains in three countries in 2011: Belgium, the United Kingdom, and Cambodia."

http://www.gallup.com/poll/153929/Leadership-Losing-Status-Key-Countries.aspx?ref=more

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 9:22:23 AM PDT
F. Hollister says:
Eagle Eye:

Do you honestly think a generalization AFRICA has any meaning whatsoever?
Your reply to F. Hollister's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Politics forum
Participants:  42
Total posts:  455
Initial post:  Apr 30, 2012
Latest post:  May 10, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions