Customer Discussions > Politics forum

Why do Republicans hate the poor?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 4626-4650 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 1:00:55 PM PDT
Druid says:
Oooh! "Austerity" the new "Fear" word from the heretics... keep believing in your fictions. They will not serve you well in your later years.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 12:52:19 PM PDT
Because you lack the ability to be civil and un-pretentious. I get it, you are the smartest person to ever have existed. There it is. All of your posts wrapped up in one sentence. What else can you have to say now?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 12:50:38 PM PDT
I agree with you. The point is that if society really wants to continue this pursuit then they need to realize that throwing money at them is not going to give them the results they want. If they really want their crusade to better meet their expectations then they need to stop putting a band-aid on the four-inch cut.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 11:39:01 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 11:11:13 AM PDT
M. Daniel says:
PurlyGates says: "Social Security is something we paid into to help us when we retired. It was bastardized when it started trying to be everything to everybody, they added medicare, prescription part D, price of drugs went up"

Medicare funding does not come from the Social Security trust fund.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 11:09:35 AM PDT
*China holds 6% of Americas debt, last I heard from Donald Trump. No, Trump isn't qualified to be President, before you ask.

Never supported him...

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 11:04:47 AM PDT
M. Daniel says:
visionary says: I hope you have read it by now because it illustrates how you arrived at your erroneous ideas.

daniel: I was hoping it illustrated how you arrived at your erroneous ideas. Income distribution is certainly different after you take taxes out of one person's income and include government transfer payments in another person's income. It is the final result that is important, not the pre-tax, pre-transfer result. If the middle class is better off after taxing the wealthy and transferring those taxes to lower and middle income, that is the more realistic picture. It is not only their own taxes the middle class is benefitting from, it is EITC, child tax credit, and tuition tax credits that are paid mostly by the top 10% of the population.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 10:56:21 AM PDT
M. Daniel says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 10:04:34 AM PDT
A customer says:

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 10:02:56 AM PDT
A customer says:

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 9:40:41 AM PDT
PurlyGates says:
Social Security is something we paid into to help us when we retired. It was bastardized when it started trying to be everything to everybody, they added medicare, prescription part D, price of drugs went up. There are people now who are sucking the "Social Security Fund" dry with ghost, unnamed disabilities. If you want to help disable children then create something that their parents or care givers can contribute.
Every time the government sticks its' nose into something prices shoot through the roof. A doctors visit in '60's and 70's was from 7.00 to 10.00. You could have a baby in a top hospital and the bill would be no more than 500.00,
The government got into it and now God only knows how much they are now.
TODAY'S THINKING IS IT'S FREE I WANT SOME OF IT EVEN IF I NEED IT OR NOT. "Nothing is free it's just another form of slavery, this time by the government."
IF YOU GOT SKIN IN THE GAME YOU ARE MORE CONCERNED.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 9:38:03 AM PDT
Lisareads says:
"They include lawyers consultants real estate agents and so on. "
=======================================
The vast majority of schooled lawyers, real estate agents and consultants do not have work or income. Fact is then need is not there.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 9:35:38 AM PDT
Lisareads says:
"lisareads you didn't answer the question. "
=============================
Sure I did the world is not black and white and answers to leading questions are political propaganda. Fact is there is not enough possible taxes to pay the debt at any rate.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 9:12:18 AM PDT
*Many of the European countries also have payroll taxes. I remember seeing buildings in Europe with the large windows cemented over because they use to tax based on the number of windows in a building.

They have some crazy tax laws. Few houses in Italy are finished because taxes are lower on houses under construction. The more you learn about the taxes and costs of Europe the less attractive it becomes.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 9:04:00 AM PDT
*How is it Draconian?

That is what they are told to say. What would they say if spending levels stayed at the same dollar levels. It if funny how some people simply do what they are told when a 5% increase is a cut. Why aren't those who say that increases are cuts removed on medical grounds.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 9:01:20 AM PDT
*A non answer. The AMA limits doctors because a surplus would drive down prices. Service jobs are low poverty pay just as non union mechanics and operators. What we will have is a surplus of labor and a shortage of people with money to consume.

Sevice jobs are not all low paying. They include lawyers consultants real estate agents and so on.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 8:59:49 AM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 8:57:39 AM PDT
*How do we pay for all of it?

What will future gnerations do when they get the bill? Why not have younger people simply make the case they do not intend to pay such bills and it might cause lenders to think twice when they lend money.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 8:18:53 AM PDT
M. Daniel says:
visionary says: "And how is that done? I can show you how you are controlled by the advertisers to indulge in pro sports viewing but you haven't revealed how amazon does it."

daniel: By allowing posters to originate topics of interest and then making us think our opinion matters to someone and making us think we have something meaningful to say. You cannot resist pointing out we have an unequal distribution of wealth. Therefore, you return to post that point of view to others.

visionary says: "There is a huge difference which seems to be eluding you. On amazon one is able to learn about others and how they think and why they think what they think. One gets to practice typing (a skill much needed in this 21st century) and use of the internet to gather information. One hones his skills at thinking."

daniel: You have just answered your own question. If you think these things are good, that is how Amazon controls you to return again and again to make the corporate bosses wealthy and increase the inequality.

We already know how others think. We already know how most posters believe about most topics and we just keep arguing about the same thing over and over. I get plenty of practice for my tying skills at work and I already know how to use the internet to gather information. I think you have failed to convince anybody that Amazon forums are somehow a more valuable activity than watching a ball game. I don't know how a ball game turns out, but I know your opinion about most subjects already.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 8:04:07 AM PDT
M. Daniel says:
Joseph M. Creaney says: "Income taxes are not the only ones. Vat, Enegery, car registrations, in Germany tave have a machine to see if you have a TV and they send you a bill."

Many of the European countries also have payroll taxes. I remember seeing buildings in Europe with the large windows cemented over because they use to tax based on the number of windows in a building.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 8:01:31 AM PDT
visionary says:
lisareads you didn't answer the question.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 7:58:24 AM PDT
M. Daniel says:
kbw says: "and meanwhile it is the government that keeps getting bigger and bigger..."

The hearings on the GSA scandal and hearings by the IRS about $450 billion in uncollected taxes both gave "lack of resources" as the explanation. They both want more employees to be able to correct the situation.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 7:51:36 AM PDT
visionary says:
kbw [[Brilliance is finding happiness in something as simple at a basketball or football game.]]

Since when?

[[can't wait for another repetition of your childish "motocross boy vroom vroom" reply. ]]

You don't have to. Just save it and keep looking every once in a while.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 7:49:21 AM PDT
visionary says:
kbw [[If Mini had to use employees instead, Its costs would be too high and it would cease to exist as a company. ]]

So it keeps the costs down through automation but the owners don't share the automation-developed profits with the people they fire. That's the crux of the problem. That's the wealth concentration.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 7:45:00 AM PDT
visionary says:
kbw [[We have provided more to people today than ever before in our nation's history and yet poverty is getting worse.]]

Who is 'we' and who are the 'people?' Saying things like that is quite trite.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Politics forum
Participants:  186
Total posts:  7959
Initial post:  Mar 25, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 17, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions