Customer Discussions > Politics forum

Colin Powell Endorses President Barack Obama!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 53 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2012 2:40:18 PM PDT
TOPICWAQ says:
Ok, Kathy...;) We believe you....;) and nod, as you say....

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2012 2:40:22 PM PDT
Rasstro says:
Wow e-guy,

You got an unofficial endorsement from that, you do know in the same interview

Oh, (Obama) knows better,'' Powell said. "He knows that I always keep my powder dry, as they say in the military. I feel as a private citizen I will listen to what the president says and what the president has been doing, but I also have to listen to what the other fella says. I've known Mitt Romney for many years - good man. It's not just a matter of whether you support Obama or Romney, it's who they have coming with them.

Powell reserves the right to change his mind from the last election if the Republicans offer a better solution to the country's problems. 
"The beautiful part of being a private citizen is you can decide when you want to throw your weight, if you want to throw your weight,'' he said. "I'm still listening to what the Republicans are saying they're going to do to fix the fiscal problems. We have to get the economy moving, and I think I owe that to the Republican party.

Sounds to me like a man who hasn't made up his mind yet and is keeping his options open.

Talk about spin, taking a small segment of an interview and coming up with that. Simply amazing.

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2012 2:44:32 PM PDT
For someone not going to endorse President Obama, Powell sure had a list of good things he has done for the country all ready to rattle off when Lauer asked.

I said that he refused to actually endorse. I also listed what he said.

But we know, all you have for poor Mittens is an e-mail endorsement from Sanitarium.

That would really rock my world too. How about you?

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2012 2:50:21 PM PDT
Rasstro says:
So e-guy you didn't say.

"He won't come out and say it directly, and NBC calls it a decline to endorse at this time, but Powell rattled off a whole list of reasons why Obama is good for this country."

The whole he won't come out and say it directly thing is you saying that he is endorsing Obama. However he never said anything such thing, Colin Powell has always been diplomatic when talking on any subject, do you expect him o just come out and say "well that Obama, he just isn't cutting it.". He has no record of acting like that, however the fact that he said he is still listening to the Republican plan for fixing the economy, and that is a concern of his. Well that is as telling as anything else, it means like a good citizen he is going to listen to each candidates plans and decide based on that, wish more people would act that way.

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2012 2:51:01 PM PDT
JKW Retired says:
Just like today's dishonest journalists, e-guy understands that it's the headline that counts, not the refuting content...

I'm reminded of a cartoon showing the front page of the National Enquirer with the headline, "IS _____ CHEATING ON HIS WIFE?" The guy reading the paper looks up and says, "It says,'No'."

Posted on May 22, 2012 3:00:40 PM PDT
Georgedc says:
Can you say it?

4 MORE YEARS!!!!

❤OBAMA❤

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2012 3:08:11 PM PDT
TOPICWAQ says:
You've got to start picking better candidates and teams to support...they aren't doing very well these days....same things going to happen to ❤OBAMA❤ that happened to your ❤Lakers❤....going home early....
Can you do a broken heart:(

Posted on May 22, 2012 9:32:47 PM PDT
TKitten7 says:
Electrical guy shouts: "Colin Powell Endorses President Barack Obama!", citing NBC interview with Matt Lauer.

Electrical guy then immediately writes: "NBC calls it a 'decline to endorse'" - from same interview.

Why does this not surprise me? It didn't take me long to discover that he has a "short" somewhere other than the most obvious place.

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2012 9:39:20 PM PDT
Lientje says:
Healthpro: "Makes him somewhat worse than a hack then since so many people died, right? Obama can have his endorsement if it ever happens. "

Hey, thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2012 9:46:21 PM PDT
Lientje says:
Mr. Critic: I'm trying to figure out what you are saying.

Obama wasted too much time trying to bail out state governments. - Huh?

Force workers and employers to pour billions of dollars into the medical industry. - Would
you like to explain that further? What you said doesn't make sense and isn't true.
And I don't think it is the medical industry that is corrupt, but more likely the insurance
companies. Whatever it is YOU are trying to say, what you should be talking about is
that there should be NO profit in the health care of our citizens. Other countries already
know this.

Avoiding any and all types of budget cuts. - any and all? poppy cock, and you know it.

Demanding tax increases - yes. For the rich. His only problem there is that he didn't
include enough people in those tax increases.

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2012 9:47:38 PM PDT
Lientje says:
Robert Johnson: Colin Powell might have the blood of thousands on his hands from the Iraq debacle but the Obama campaign doesn't care.

Neither do you.

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2012 9:51:18 PM PDT
Lientje says:
TOPICWAQ: "All he's got left are the people here and "Julia" and the rest of the people who want him to take care of them, for free, for the rest of their lives. "

Perhaps if you understood was the left is really about, you would be one too. Are you
so pathetic that you really believe that statement? I think it is much more likely that
you make statements like that in order to cover up your own guilty feelings for being
so un-altruistic.

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2012 9:24:05 AM PDT
How did I get the name of Kathy?

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2012 10:34:12 AM PDT
2/2 Tango says:
e.g.:

You must have been listening to voices in your head - I listened to Powell on Hannity last night - and what he said doesn't match what you said he said.

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2012 7:35:33 PM PDT
Tango...Powell has made No endorsement for either candidate. His only change is he has come out for gay marriages..AND I say good for him!!

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2012 5:37:59 AM PDT
2/2 Says: "You must have been listening to voices in your head - I listened to Powell on Hannity last night - and what he said doesn't match what you said he said."

You must not understand he doesn't read from a script on the various shows he was on to promote his book.

That was what he said verbatim from the NBC website - in an interview with Matt Lauer.

You did notice I said interview with Matt Lauer and not interview with Sean Hannity, right?

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2012 7:05:09 AM PDT
2/2 Tango says:
e.g.:

I understand - but Powell seems to be too competent a speaker to say one thing on one show and the complete opposite on another - but maybe I've given him too much credit.

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2012 7:11:42 AM PDT
TOPICWAQ says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2012 7:39:58 AM PDT
C. Batty says:
Also, gay marriage.

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2012 11:21:05 AM PDT
Being a partisan hack, he was a good Republican and lied to America.

But Powell's endorsement benefits Obama from moderates and vets.

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2012 11:22:22 AM PDT
Lientje says:
Topicwaq: I have not one single feeling of guilt about anything, btw:)

I'm not surprised.

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2012 4:45:35 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 24, 2012 4:46:03 PM PDT
The Return says:
Without Conscience: The Disturbing World of the Sociopaths Among Us

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2012 8:08:55 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 24, 2012 8:10:06 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2012 8:11:28 PM PDT
J. jones says:
Topicwaq just goes for the most untenable position in a discussion. If your point makes sense, she will be against it.

Posted on May 24, 2012 8:15:10 PM PDT
TucsonCoyote says:
When is the last time you knew anyone that changed the way they were going to vote becuase of Colin Powell???
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Politics forum
Participants:  27
Total posts:  53
Initial post:  May 22, 2012
Latest post:  May 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions