Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Sale
Customer Discussions > Politics forum

Obama to potential voters: "You have my record"....

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 58 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 1:15:49 PM PDT
The simplest military decision in history took Obama what, seventy-two hours? Crikey.

Ditto, that and the intelligence community.

Posted on Jul 24, 2012 1:22:45 PM PDT
Paul Crow says:
Why should Obama release his school transcripts? Did Mitt Romney? Has any Presidential candidate?

But enough of the attempt to distract from the issue at hand. Obama has released tax returns for 2000 to 2011. Romney has released only 2011. These are legitimate and important documents in determining how someone will run the country, particularly when the only thing Romney is actually running on is his business experience. And honestly, until he does release his returns, all Americans should consider his claims to be nothing but bluster and exaggerations.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 2:26:16 PM PDT
The IRS *can* look at Romney's tax records and no doubt are doing just that.

But for the time being, they won't officially audit him. That would be seen as a power play by Obama - even if Obama had absolutely nothing to do with it.

The thing is, Romney is one of the idiots on the right that pledged to eliminate the IRS if he wins the election.

I wonder if any IRS employees will take it upon themselves to release his tax returns - especially if there is something juicy in them...

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 2:59:17 PM PDT
Diva says:
Nonsense.

We know more about Romney's tax returns than we know Obama's school transcripts.

You want to see Romney's taxes, I want to see Obama's transcripts.
Why is one more important than the other??

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 3:21:44 PM PDT
Nothing about Obama's transcripts could be a tax felony with a possible jail sentence.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 4:32:30 PM PDT
Passing drugs to others is a felony. His transcripts will show if he was someone who was in college to learn or get stoned and snort coke. If he passed drugs to a single person it would be a felony. Has anyone asked him that direct question? Have you ever passed drugs to someone? Yes or No?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 4:45:52 PM PDT
Obams's transcripts will only show grades. Apparently you don't even know what transcripts are. No wonder you are a teabagger.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 4:46:15 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 24, 2012 4:48:55 PM PDT
Eagle Eye says:
electronics guy
Keep on the drugs you're doing well and making less sense day by day!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 4:48:24 PM PDT
sprinter says:
We now know more about James Holmes college days than about Obama's.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 4:50:09 PM PDT
English teacher apparently really was your teacher.

I feel sorry for you.

And I do not do drugs. Not that it would be any of your business. But I do not. Not interested.

Rush Limbaugh, on the other hand, is an Oxy fiend.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 5:10:46 PM PDT
Eagle Eye says:
Keep on denying, that is the first thing all addicted do "I don't use or I don't have a problem! And then blame others! Thanks for the input!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 5:11:58 PM PDT
Eagle Eye says:
Tell me when did you quit using Oxy as you know so much about Rush?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 5:14:33 PM PDT
Diva says:
There are more felony causes than taxes.

You really keep mumbling nonsense, if there was any tax felony, the IRS would know about it.
You keep saying it like it was a forgone conclusion, even if it is only your hallucination.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 5:31:34 PM PDT
Mark Time says:
Who said there were no stupid questions?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2012 5:20:27 AM PDT
EE, that whole premise and attack mode of yours doesn't work. I am not a drug user.

Why not stick to the issues here? It's Romney running for president while hiding his tax returns. Not me.

So what is Romney hiding?

Maybe it's something as benign as donating millions to the Mormon church so they can expand their outreach to indoctrinate new followers of Kolob?

But is that all it is?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2012 5:21:15 AM PDT
Diva says: "You keep saying it like it was a forgone conclusion"

Well, got any good reasons why Romney won't come clean?

What is he hiding?

Posted on Jul 25, 2012 7:12:07 AM PDT
'Well, got any good reasons why Romney won't come clean?'

The amazing thing is, that for all his millions the Romney team can't come up with a credible answer to this. My theory is that they have been so conditioned by the dim bulbs in the GOP during the primaries that they think they can just bluff and fib their way through anything...

Posted on Jul 25, 2012 7:16:29 AM PDT
ET says:
He's not hiding anything. Even Pelosi said too much was being made of tax returns.

What is Obama hiding by not showing his college applications and transcripts?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2012 7:23:01 AM PDT
I still do not understand this request. This is information NO presidential candidate releases historically. Why should Obama be treated differently with the constant request for this?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2012 7:24:41 AM PDT
ET says:
Romney is being chastised for giving what the law required. Why do you want Obama to be given special treatment?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2012 7:31:24 AM PDT
Since George Romney inaugurated the practice more than 40 years ago by releasing 12 years of tax returns in his bid for the Republican Party nomination, presidential nominees have been transparent with voters about their personal finances. For this reason, we have not suffered a significant tax scandal involving a nominee or sitting president since President Richard Nixon's abuse of the tax code.

---

You have 40 years of history of Presidents giving full release on tax records started with Romney's dad. You have zero years of historical releases on school transcripts.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2012 7:49:41 AM PDT
ET says:
McCain released two; Reagan released one; Michael Dukakis released five; Carter released one.

There is no standard.
www.factcheck.org

Let's start one for college records.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2012 8:02:59 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 25, 2012 8:04:38 AM PDT
Okay this is what fact check says:

--

Mitt Romney says he is following the "precedent" set by John McCain in releasing just two years of tax returns. That's accurate. But McCain, the 2008 GOP nominee, bucked the trend of other recent presidential candidates.

In more than three decades, no other nominees for either party have released fewer than five years' worth of returns. Romney's own father released a dozen years' worth when he ran for the GOP nomination in 1968.

Again, Romney isn't wrong about McCain releasing just two years of returns. And Romney may decide to stick to that "precedent." But his comments imply that the two years released by McCain is standard, and that he has been unfairly asked to release more than others have in the past. In fact, with the lone exception of McCain, all candidates over the last 30 years each have released more than two years of tax returns.

http://factcheck.org/2012/07/romney-and-the-tax-return-precedent/

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2012 8:05:58 AM PDT
ET says:
Look at the charts. You'll see that is where I got my numbers.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2012 8:38:58 AM PDT
Paul Crow says:
Diva says:
"We know more about Romney's tax returns than we know Obama's school transcripts."

What do you expect we'll find? Obama doesn't play well with others? He got a C in chemistry? He missed a week in February because he had a cold? What could be so important that we need to see them?

I would like to see from where Romney has been receiving income for any conflicts of interest. I want to know of any loopholes he's been taking. I'd like to see how far back he's been taking deductions for his horse, deductions which amount to more than most Americans make in a year.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Politics forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
3375 2 days ago
LaVoy Finicum funeral today 96 1 minute ago
Hillary Plays The Vagina Card 10 1 minute ago
US Debt 104 2 minutes ago
Is it PC for Susan Sarandon to allow her breast to hang out? 66 3 minutes ago
Killary Lied and Destroyed Documents During Whitewater; So Why Do You Believe Her Now? 88 7 minutes ago
TPP, federal contract jobs may go to forign countries 1 8 minutes ago
The Clintons are the most ethically challenged political couple in the history of the United States of America 43 9 minutes ago
Robert Reich: Stand Up And Restore Our Democracy 21 15 minutes ago
Democrats Have Ruined our Country 3226 18 minutes ago
Forget the Pollsters and Pundits: Gallup Says Red States Outnumber Blue For the First Time in Gallup Tracking 0 18 minutes ago
President says more Muslims need roles where they are not terrorists 16 19 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Politics forum
Participants:  17
Total posts:  58
Initial post:  Jul 24, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 25, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions