Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Politics forum

Ban the Koran - Something to look into?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 601-624 of 624 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 12:59:23 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 16, 2012 1:00:56 PM PDT
Nat,
He was living in a compound in the town that is the site of one of Pakistan's largest military bases. Given that fact that Pakistan is a military dictatorship, there is zero chance they didn't know he was there. There was constant courier service coming and going for Pete's sake. Even the local kids knew there was someone powerful and very strange living there. They couldn't even get their soccer balls returned when they went over the fence. You think no parents ever complained to the local government or the police about that behavior?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 1:05:45 PM PDT
Nat says:
I was in the military myself. I live in the city of the largest naval base on the Planet. If OBL was in my city no one would be the wiser because he did not leave the house. Therefore, no one seen him go in and no one seen him come out

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 1:07:34 PM PDT
Nat,
You don't live in a military dictatorship.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 1:11:19 PM PDT
Nat says:
The hell I don't. Do you know what the hell the pentagon is? Is our president the only one who is commander and chief?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 1:13:24 PM PDT
Nat says:
have taken place in the framework of a federal republic, where the system of government has at times been parliamentary, presidential, or semi-presidential. In the current parliamentary system, the President of Pakistan is the largely ceremonial head of state, the Prime Minister is head of government, and there is a multi-party system. Executive power is exercised by the government. Legislative power is largely vested in the Parliament.

No matter if you call it congress or Parliament we have very similar government system.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 1:15:03 PM PDT
Nat,
Unless you are in the military, or a dependant, the DOD has no control over your life. In Pakistan the military has control over everything to a greater or lesser degree. The fact that the Pakistani Intelligence Bureau actively funds Al Queda and the Taliban and operates training bases for both should give you an idea of how tight the ties are between them.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 2:00:58 PM PDT
RMS: They couldn't even get their soccer balls returned when they went over the fence. You think no parents ever complained to the local government or the police about that behavior?

BPL: In PAKISTAN? In countries like that, people stay the hell away from the police and the military whenever they can.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 2:02:32 PM PDT
RMS: The fact that the Pakistani Intelligence Bureau actively funds Al Queda and the Taliban and operates training bases for both should give you an idea of how tight the ties are between them.

BPL: Hate to agree with RMS on anything, but he's right on this point. Pakistan's ISI is Islamist through and through, and even the civilian government is afraid to cross them. They are responsible for many of the terrorist attacks of the past 20 years, though they almost always work through local proxies.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 6:06:27 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 16, 2012 6:07:51 PM PDT
libloon2 says:
Nat says: //Legislative power is largely vested in the Parliament.//

Question: Didn't Zia al Huk kind of gut the parliamentary system and set Pakistan up to be as Islamist as possible?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 1:48:46 AM PDT
MisterTee says:
ISI is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the CIA.

Other than that, you were dead-nuts on the money, BPL.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 3:56:24 AM PDT
Tee: ISI is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the CIA.
Other than that, you were dead-nuts on the money, BPL.

BPL: I really don't agree. CIA and ISI agents spend a lot of time trying to kill each other. Trust me on this one.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 4:19:32 AM PDT
MisterTee says:
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. You have *earned* that here, my friend.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 9:17:09 AM PDT
MisterTee,
Not hardly, the ISI is totally anti-American, and pro jihadi.

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 3:41:23 PM PDT
Thanks.

Posted on Jul 2, 2012 5:52:27 PM PDT
Charles says:
Government wants to take from the people, but this is why we have no money, not the programs to help our people .

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/02/delaware-tax-haven_n_1644006.html?utm_hp_ref=business&icid=maing-grid7%7cmaing5%7cdl1%7csec3_lnk2%26pLid%3D175109

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 12:00:29 AM PDT
Nat says:
I enlisted. I married my husband who is also enlisted and my entire child hood was living in base housing.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 12:02:48 AM PDT
Nat says:
No country should have nukes.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 12:05:06 AM PDT
Nat says:
You took it the wrong way. He said that 40,000 years ago homo sapiens were mere hunter gatherers which is factually untrue. There is no difference between native americans and the homo sapien species.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 12:06:33 AM PDT
Nat says:
A billion is give or take over the last 2000 years have been slaughtered

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 12:07:48 AM PDT
MisterTee says:
Yeah, and I'm starting to suspect there was a previous advanced culture here on planet Earth.

Have you heard of Punu Punkhu (SP?) ?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 12:11:42 AM PDT
Nat says:
Yup little by little more evidence of a previous civilization up to par with ours all the time lately. My guess is the Ice age was practically an E.L.E and I suspect atlantis was actually Antarctica

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 12:12:33 AM PDT
Nat says:
What the sam hell are you rambling about?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 12:13:05 AM PDT
Nat says:
Yup

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 12:14:09 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 3, 2012 12:19:22 AM PDT
MisterTee says:
Hard to say, but it's pretty clear the Sphinx is at least 12,000 years old.

There are several thousand years of water erosion on it's body.

And the body was carved from the living bedrock around its gorge... so there's no arguing about the date of origin.
‹ Previous 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Politics forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
3720 6 hours ago
Why are Liberals Increasing in Numbers? 69 2 minutes ago
DNC chair won't speak at Dem convention 9 2 minutes ago
20,000 Wikileaks Emails Reveal Open Collusion Between DNC and HRC Before Nomination Secured 77 2 minutes ago
First Poll since Convention puts Trump ahead, 51% to 49% 27 3 minutes ago
If Trump wins, I expect everyone who threatened to leave America make good on it 27 4 minutes ago
9-11 reality-based thinking 6974 6 minutes ago
Republican party platform calls for defunding public transportation. 65 6 minutes ago
Hillary Adds Krazed Old White Guy To Ticket. Krazy Kaine Can't Believe His Luck. 49 6 minutes ago
Law and order outside of RNC in Cleveland. 17 8 minutes ago
Sandy Hook was a gun free zone. Cinemark theater in Aurora Colorado was a gun free zone. Pulse nightclub in Orlando was a gun free zone. 200 11 minutes ago
Wikileaks exposed DNC dishonesty--Wasserman Schultz says they have to stop 0 12 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Politics forum
Participants:  63
Total posts:  624
Initial post:  Apr 24, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions