Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Politics forum

Romney - no Tampa invite for Palin...Tea Party livid.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 404 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 11:41:55 AM PDT
RE: And I think Sarah Palin would make a wonderful VP.

We're waiting for the punchline........

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 11:49:04 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 16, 2012 11:49:49 AM PDT
A customer says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 11:54:00 AM PDT
Suze says:
Yeah, sure you do.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 11:54:36 AM PDT
Ostrova says:
"Meghann says:
When have people running for president ever engaged in religious debates? That doesn't sound very American at all."

Meghann,
I dunno if this qualifies, but when JFK was running it was a really big deal that he was Catholic. There were all sorts of scary rumors floating around like, he'd let the Pope have an office in the White House, oooohhhh!!! He had to make it very clear that his faith was his personal business. He had it clear about that separation of church and state thing we have here. Twit Romney? Not so much.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 11:55:45 AM PDT
Suze says:
She totally messed up John McCain's campaign. People knew she was a wack job the minute they laid eyes on her and her wacky family.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 11:55:46 AM PDT
Ostrova says:
"They should hire Tina Fey instead. She does a superior Sarah Palin."

Nah. She pulls her punches.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 11:56:55 AM PDT
Suze says:
JFK wasn't an ex priest in the RCC. Romney was a Mormon bishop, I find this troubling.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 11:57:53 AM PDT
Sarah should have her mom call Mitt's mom and sort this whole thing out.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 12:00:25 PM PDT
JKW Retired says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 12:00:58 PM PDT
Why?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 12:01:06 PM PDT
Ostrova says:
Stuporman sez:
"And I think Sarah Palin would make a wonderful VP."

Oh. No. He. Didn't.

Do tell. Just what qualifies Gov. Half-Term to be a heart-beat away from the Oval Office? Do you admire the way she used her position to get revenge on her former in-law that much? The way she talked about loving the Alaskan wilderness and then sold dumping rights? Or her profound ignorance about nearly everything to do with history, foreign affairs and government and her refusal to get educated in any way? Wink!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 12:03:36 PM PDT
Ostrova says:
"The liberals just lied to "smear" Sarah Palin's wonderful accomplishments."

Ooohhhh noooo!!!!<wipes eyes> "Saturday Night Live" hasn't been this funny in years!!!

Tell me why she had to resign halfway through her term if she was doing so brilliantly, Super One?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 12:07:53 PM PDT
Ostrova says:
"Romney was a Mormon bishop, I find this troubling."

Most bigots do...
I find it troubling because the Mormon church knocked itself out to stop the Equal Rights Amendment from passing. Not to mention their extremely long history of insisting black people were dark-skinned because God marked them out as bad people, and therefore were 2nd-class citizens in the LDS (though why any of them would want to be Mormons is beyond me).

So who's bigoted now?

Posted on Jul 16, 2012 12:09:10 PM PDT
S. Evans says:
D. Hines asks: "Say, you're not the "Superman" who writes the funny reviews of the free apps of the day, are you? "

Uh, no. Stick around and read his posts. "Our" Superman doesn't have a hint of humor, and probably not the intelligence to use apps, let alone write about them. But don't let me influence your opinion in any way. We'll let him show you by himself.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 12:10:08 PM PDT
I don't think there is anything wrong with Romney having been an active participant in his faith. I mean, if there are specific concerns about how he would apply this via policy, we can talk about them. But it didn't seem to be an issue when he was governor of Massachusetts.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 12:11:09 PM PDT
A customer says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 12:13:20 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 16, 2012 12:13:53 PM PDT
Agreed. I didn't like when people made a big stink over Obama's church in '08, and I don't like it when people do it over Romney's now. What should matter is policy.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 12:14:02 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 16, 2012 12:14:32 PM PDT
A customer says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 12:14:08 PM PDT
Boomy says:
Superman ™ says:
I liked how Sarah warned America about Barry Obama & his radical ties to domestic terrorist.
---------------------------------------

Because we have been beset by horrible terrorist acts since Pres. Obama has been in office????

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 12:15:10 PM PDT
I think it's sickening. It's 2012. As long as you aren't going to force me or other people to live by the dictates of your religion, I couldn't care less how you worship.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 12:16:01 PM PDT
Palin is Toxic!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 12:16:01 PM PDT
Agreed. People stop thinking it's bigotry, once they are the ones acting like bigots. It's frustrating.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 12:16:30 PM PDT
But can she dance like Britney Spears?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 12:18:59 PM PDT
JKW Retired says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 12:20:53 PM PDT
D. Hines says:
I didn't think so - the app review Superman has a dry wit and a fine sense of irony, although he tends to be a bit trollish for some people. Your Superman, not so much.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Politics forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
3411 9 days ago
A Question for Liberals/Progressives 92 1 minute ago
Ted Cruz Can Still Deny Trump GOP Nomination 453 1 minute ago
Liberals. 69 1 minute ago
Trump flops in Arizona delegate fight 130 2 minutes ago
The 1940s and the 1950s Are A Myth? Tell THEM That, Liberals! 1455 3 minutes ago
A vote for anyone other than Trump is a vote against America 0 3 minutes ago
McDonald's Will Replace Jobs With Kiosks: Ex-CEO Says $15 Wage "Will Trigger Massive Layoffs" 128 3 minutes ago
And the Winner is™ ... Eight is Enough -- Or Is It? 9801 3 minutes ago
Black thug kills white hero in front of his woman 2 4 minutes ago
Trump vs Hillary. Game on ! 12 5 minutes ago
YET another authoritative voice explains further how and why President OBAMA is the Greatest of ALL Time 69 5 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Politics forum
Participants:  42
Total posts:  404
Initial post:  Jul 15, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions