How? I don't know. PA's Secretary of State certified the roll of disenfranchised voters, which shows a clear tendency towards higher disenfranchised people in counties with high minority populations.
The facts are bare minimum, with no data showing if there are valid state photo ID centers within a reasonable distance and along public transportation routes in minority neighborhoods, or if there's a more discriminatory reason as well. We just know Philadelphia has 18% of voters disenfranchised, comprising 44% African Americans. Secretary Aechile didn't elaborate past the raw data.
All of the counties above 10% are in the Philadelphia and Pittsburgh municipal regions, the only areas in the state where greater than 15% of the population is minority. The other 57 counties with at least 85% white demographics are all under the statewide 9% average of disenfranchised voters according to PCN. That's the PA version of C-Span that covers the General Assembly proceedings.
The Commonwealth Court is holding a hearing on July 25 as this clearly does not meet either state or federal law on a fair and just application of voter laws. 6 different entities brought lawsuits, including the bias-neutral Commitee of Seventy, PA Common
Cause and the mostly non-partisan League of Women's Voters that skews moderate on all but reproductive issues. It's not just the more liberal advocacy groups like the ACLU filing lawsuits.
The data is hard to dispute. Out of the 758,000, you'd expect about 12% of that figure to be minorities based on PA statewide demographics. But it's estimated by the Commonwealth Court blog that it's 22.3% minorities on the list. The Commonwealth Court judge has not yet ruled on whether the source of that 22.3% figure is accurate enough to be admitted into evidence. We might not know the source of that number until the hearing itself.