Customer Discussions > Politics forum

A question for Zimmerman's defenders

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 926-940 of 940 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 12:02:47 PM PDT
A customer says:
No. In Florida they have a full hearing in front of the judge & he decides if the defendant was lawful in "standing his ground".

George hasn't had this hearing yet, only a bail hearing so far.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 12:20:40 PM PDT
C. Scanlon says:
Absolutely. Instead what we had was a defense team getting a REAL good look at their client the psycho Zimmerman, and asking the judge to jail him.

Which quickly occurred
Never see the outside again, and our streets are the safer for it

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 12:21:48 PM PDT
C. Scanlon says:
Geogre had his full hearing, and got thrown in prison for being a liar, thief and murderer, a danger to civilized society.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 12:31:57 PM PDT
A customer says:
Nope, Georgie will walkie, when he has his "stand your ground" hearing.

In 32 states you don't have to take a "thug beating", you can stand your ground & shoot the perp !

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 12:52:10 PM PDT
A. Caplan says:
C. Scanlon says: Geogre had his full hearing, and got thrown in prison for being a liar, thief and murderer, a danger to civilized society.
>Zimmerman has never been in prison.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 1:06:32 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 16, 2012 1:14:27 PM PDT
A. Caplan says:
Superman ™ says: In 32 states you don't have to take a "thug beating", you can stand your ground & shoot the perp !
>Florida law never required that you take a "thug beating", whatever that is. What the SYG law did is remove the duty to retreat. However, prior to SYG, if unable to retreat, a person still had a right to defend himself or others, including using deadly force when justified. By removing the duty to retreat, the law allows a person to wait for the danger to get to the point that force must be used in defense, or even intentionally get into danger. For example: a person 100 feet away has a knife and slowly approaches you, threatening to stab you, while you are standing by your already running car. Before SYG you would have had a duty to get into your car and drive away. Under SYG, you can stand there and wait, or even walk towards the assailant, until the threat becomes imminent. You can then pull your gun and shoot him. The result: a death that could have been prevented, or at least illegal, prior to SYG. My point is that SYG causes people to die, or at least, gives the shooter immunity.

Ever see the shootout at the intro to Gunsmoke? That would be legal under SYG. We can have legal shootouts on Colonial Drive at high noon. It happened in Dade County and resulted in the death of a child and no charges.

A little off of the subject, but I'm going to vent. The SYG law addressed no issues and was unnecessary, was passed despite the objections of senior law enforcement officials and prosecutors, and increases rather than decreases the danger to the people of the state.

By the way, according to the news and the court docket, Zimmerman's SYG hearing has not been scheduled.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 1:31:59 PM PDT
C. Scanlon says:
he is now.
thank God.
sometimes even our US injustice system works the right way, almost by accident and against its will.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 1:35:45 PM PDT
C. Scanlon says:
I arise to salute and to thank you and your consistent experienced voice of reason here, A. Caplan.

That Gunsmoke opening, and the rest we saw as kids, was always predicated on who drew first, in order to demonstrate self-defense. That is why all of the tense waiting to see who will draw first. Great cinema, lousy law.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 8:55:10 AM PDT
A customer says:
" My point is that SYG causes people to die, or at least, gives the shooter immunity."

Yes ! There will be a lot of muggers & burglars who die. The citizens are safer knowing they can DEFEND themselves when these drug addicts are committing criminal acts against their person.

Treyvon, according to the eyewitness was administering a gangster (Thug) MMA style beating upon a resident (George) who had every right to be on the street of his GATED COMMUNITY.

There is no law that says you cant ask a drug addicted gangster why he is walking behind the homes in your GATED COMMUNITY in the middle of the night with his face masked (hoodie up).

The SYG law just allows you the same rights you have in your own home. The dirt your standing on is your ground as is your property your house sits on. This is the only thing that SYG law changed, you have the right to defend yourself inside of the police department according to SYG.

In this case, the perp Trayvon was shot with a gun, but the law isn't just specific to guns, that is where you defenders of these gangsters got it wrong. The SYG law would apply if George had used a stick, rock or butter knife to defend himself.

Every day George spends in jail is a political miscarriage of justice & someone will be paying him 100s of millions of dollars.

Trayvon's dad is selling interviews today for Father's Day. It's about money to Trayvon's family, it's not normal to get paid to grieve over the loss of your drug addicted child.

This case has nothing to do with racial profiling. George was a defender of poor underprivileged people in the black community. George had been very critical of how the black people in his community where treated by the police & George drove 1 1/2 hours a week to be a big brother to two young black kids who lived in a group home.

George Zimmerman isn't a racist, only his critics are racist.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 8:57:36 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 17, 2012 9:04:03 AM PDT
nameinuse says:
They only automatically have arraignments for first degree murder.
And they've already made it clear they're not going to have one for Zimmerman.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 8:58:32 AM PDT
nameinuse says:
And I know you know for a fact the witness withdrew that statement.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 10:34:49 AM PDT
A. Caplan says:
Superman ™ says: Yes ! There will be a lot of muggers & burglars who die. The citizens are safer knowing they can DEFEND themselves when these drug addicts are committing criminal acts against their person.
>In Florida the citizens have always been lawfully able to defend themselves when criminal acts are committed against them. SYG did not change that at all and gives no one any further authority to defend themselves against an actual attack. However, two gang bangers had a gunfight in Dade County and killed a child who was nearby. As a result of SYG, there were no charges; A man had an argument with his neighbor in front of their houses over a barking dog, went into his house, got a gun, came back out, and shot his neighbor because, he said, the neighbor wouldn't show his hands. He would have gotten away with it under SYG had he not shot the neighbor three out of five times in the back; A man got into a fight at a bar and was kicked out. He went home, got a gun and returned. When his former opponent left the bar, the man challenged him and then shot him, claiming that the person looked like he was reaching for a weapon. Again, no charges.

So, perhaps you can explain to me how SYG as improved a person's ability to defend himself.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 10:39:16 AM PDT
A. Caplan says:
C. Scanlon says: I arise to salute and to thank you and your consistent experienced voice of reason here, A. Caplan.
>Please, sit down and make yourself comfortable. All I do is explain the laws of the state of Florida and legal procedures based on my experience. The history of SYG is well documented in the news and the legislative record.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 10:48:40 AM PDT
A. Caplan says:
nameinuse says: They only automatically have arraignments for first degree murder.
>Grand juries are required for first degree murder and can be called by the SAO to investigate any incident. Any person who does not bond out of jail by a certain time, depending on the county, will see a judge for first appearance. The judge can change the bond, ROR, or remand the defendant. The judge also makes a determination of probable cause based on the paperwork, statements by the defense, and the ASA who is there. If the defendant does not have an attorney, the judge may appoint one.

The defense may request a probable cause hearing at a later date, but I've never attended one. So, other than first appearance, we don't have arraignments, as such, and defendants who bond out first don't even have a first appearance.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 11:16:10 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 17, 2012 11:17:05 AM PDT
A customer says:
I am sure their are attorney's claiming SYG where it don't apply.

I find it highly suspicious law enforcement & DA's wouldn't see such egregious circumstances you talk about as premeditated murder. Have you looked online to see if any studies have been done on SYG laws, helping curb violent personal crimes?

I keep my shotgun in my back window of my truck & the 3 1/2 buckshot in the glove box & I never miss a quail flying 70 MPH, in any direction. And I would know when I needed to shoot a perp OR call 911.

You cant just give anyone a gun & if we have a problem in America, it's with those who have guns to commit crimes & those who don't know when to use a guns legally. You always attempt to avoid the perp aka confrontation.
‹ Previous 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Politics forum
Participants:  77
Total posts:  940
Initial post:  Mar 28, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions