Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Customer Discussions > Politics forum

Nuclear Crisis on Michigan/Indiana Border?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-90 of 90 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 3:26:26 PM PDT
Geese, Martin, were you not aware that low levels of radiation are very easy to measure? Statistics can be used to pull very small differences out and discern levels very slightly above background. While it is true that Fukushima radiation is being detected here, it is at extremely low levels.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 3:28:11 PM PDT
I'm pretty sure Marilyn is a citizen, so I'm going to give her a grade of 50% accurate on her claim to be a citizen journalist. Remarkably, that makes it one of the most accurate things she has ever posted here.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 11:12:46 PM PDT
Geese
Why are you talking to geese?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 11:16:57 PM PDT
Glad your OK :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 11:17:58 PM PDT
Only a part of him glows in the dark. But his wife still wants an explanation ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 11:21:45 PM PDT
We really have made an ecological mess of this planet. With the population growing + China and India industrializing, i would be surprised is someone fixed the problem by bringing our numbers down substantially.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 4:11:43 AM PDT
Ronald Craig says:
LOL. I guess I hadn't looked at it that way.

I don't know, I just have to see her write that she's been "doing research" and the hilarity drives all other considerations from my mind. :)

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 9:09:00 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 9:52:48 AM PDT
What, you mean typing random words into Google and then posting the links as part of an anti-Obama screed doesn't count as research?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 1:41:42 PM PDT
Ronald Craig says:
"I still say..."

Is that speaking in your capacity as wannabe scifi writer, Internetz computer humor writer, citizen journalist, or former Walmart shelf stocker?

Oh, forgot: or as holder of a bachelors in Psychology from some state community college you're too embarrassed by to even name? LOL

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 1:42:18 PM PDT
Ronald Craig says:
Well, that's counted as "research" only in Marilynweld.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 1:44:50 PM PDT
Rev Otter says:
<<the bs was already so thick that it could be dismissed out of hand>>

best way to summarize a thread, ever! :D

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 5:51:31 AM PDT
Martin screams: "I still say the radiation-spike on June 6-7 was a "real" event, probably along the lines of "radiation venting" from a small reactor"

Sure it wasn't a low-flying UFO?

Maybe it was doing a survey of the area and the radioactive exhaust tripped the sensors?

Those aliens want to stick giant antenna farms up your posterior, you know. Don't you watch South Park?

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 1:54:36 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 17, 2014 4:14:09 AM PDT]

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 2:26:45 PM PDT
Robert -

Black Cat and Radiation Network use the same detectors, and both reported that mega-spike the night of June 6-7. The EPA's closest radiation detector in Ft. Wayne was not working that night.

However, a separate radon.com site in St. Joseph County (where South Bend is the country seat) ALSO recorded the event...

http://county-radon.info/IN/St_Joseph.html

... although the link to the archived data at IN.gov is not available, marked "Error - Page Not Found"

http://www.in.gov/ai/errors/isdh_404.html
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Politics forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
3413 6 days ago
Italeave, Czech-out, Finnish, Departugal, Oustria: 1 1 minute ago
I miss the Very Reverend Father Benjamin Harris Tyrone Topley DDS 572 1 minute ago
Social security checks next year.. up $2 ; Medicare cost deducted..$25 111 2 minutes ago
BREXIT explained 20 3 minutes ago
And the Winner is™ IX.5 ... You're Not the Boss of Us ;~) 3467 3 minutes ago
millions of Americans loosing billions is the best that can happen to TRUMP and republicans ???.............Dow Jones down -609.57 13 6 minutes ago
Brexit Humiliates Hillary & Obama, Boosts Trump 121 7 minutes ago
Why the Brexit is a loss for Obama and Clinton 49 7 minutes ago
Pearl Harbor--December 7, 1940 641 8 minutes ago
UK in/out 383 9 minutes ago
The M M Romance forum is on Amazon's most active community forums list, but the F F Romance forum is not 0 19 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Politics forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  90
Initial post:  Jun 12, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions