Customer Discussions > Politics forum

Taxpayers subsidized Romney's dancing horse hobby

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-85 of 85 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 2:52:38 PM PDT
Thanks, but as I said, I don't think we could keep a straight face.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 3:01:23 PM PDT
Panthor--I can barely sit on a horse, but my wife is an accomplished rider and has been competing in dressage (and other horse-y things) since she was a little girl. She says, when you get dressage right, it is like your mind merges with the horse's.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 3:02:33 PM PDT
That's very cool!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 3:21:23 PM PDT
Tango--Thanks. We have visited most of those places for a look around. We really liked the area between Angels Camp and Placerville. Some fine wineries around there, too. What does the "snow line" mean--does it not snow at all? Or does it just not last very long? I don't really mind snow--in fact I am a skier--but I do not want to shovel a driveway ever again.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 3:30:03 PM PDT
2/2 Tango says:
James G. Christensen:

My family lived in Cool for about 5 years in the 60's - once or twice, there was light snow on the grass that disappeared by the middle of the day - and the best part was no fog, as the Sacramento area can get very foggy, it made driving difficult.

But the Auburn/Cool areas are close enough to Lake Tahoe to get to the ski lodges easily.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 3:31:53 PM PDT
How do you know what the dog loved about being strapped to the roof of the car? Did you have a chance to observe this happening?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 4:12:35 PM PDT
VicAriel says:
McGregor -
>in fact he LOVED being in the fresh air.<

Why then did Seamus defecate on the vehicle then run away when the Romney klan reached their Canadian destination?

http://goo.gl/nwheq

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 4:17:59 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 19, 2012 8:03:31 PM PDT
Tango--We often stop in Auburn for lunch on the way to Tahoe. Nice town--a little tourist-y though (not that I should care, being a tourist and all, but it is something I would consider before relocating there).

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 4:18:23 PM PDT
Heck, Romney keeps money in offshore banks. Why shouldn't the king hopeful in waiting have a horse with a tax deduction?

Kings should have hobbies and horses have been a king's hobby for centuries.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 5:13:18 PM PDT
2/2 Tango says:
JCG:

Next time you're in Auburn, take the road down to the American River, cross the bridge and in about 15 minutes, you'll be in Cool. Tiny little "town" 5 buildings or so. Then head for Georgetown and enjoy the scenery.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Politics forum
Participants:  18
Total posts:  85
Initial post:  Jun 18, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions