Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Politics forum

Obama

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 364 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 10:34:01 AM PDT
Well, that sucks. Is her face visible?

I am guessing that she has a nice butt. Not much to suggest other than for here to take it as a lewd compliment.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 10:34:30 AM PDT
Good.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 10:35:43 AM PDT
I never said it doesn't exist. If it is a crisis, the media is missing it. Maybe you can link some news articles.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 10:36:34 AM PDT
C. Batty says:
So women should find objectification flattering? Nope, that's not sexist at all.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 10:38:03 AM PDT
It could be like the crisis of people shoving stuff down people's throats and ignoring their God-given rights.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 10:40:44 AM PDT
C. Batty says:
Start here:

http://www.ihollaback.org/

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 10:41:27 AM PDT
You tortured soul. Tortured by human nature and someone finding beauty in the femal form. The horror.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 10:41:41 AM PDT
Eagle Eye says:
And if I take a picture of a girl in a thong bikini on the beach how does that injure her?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 10:42:33 AM PDT
Eagle Eye says:
Cuba comes to mind.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 10:45:44 AM PDT
Still putting words in my mouth? Hope you're having fun.

That tangent is about the most basic of social skills. Not many people like judgmental busy bodies. I sure don't.

I guess you have the right to be an annoying busy body. Please stop commenting directly toward me anyway. Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 10:46:05 AM PDT
C. Batty says:
Yes, there is certainly no sexism in Cuba. No wait, there is.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 10:47:03 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 6, 2012 10:47:31 AM PDT
C. Batty says:
I want to take a minute to talk about something serious- street harassment. I've never met a woman that hasn't had to deal with cat calls, whistles, and/or unwanted advances at some point in her life. It's something I face about 2-3 times a week as part of my commute to work. Most days I can shrug it off with a witty remark, but Tuesday I dealt with five separate instances of street harassment.

1. 9:00am- On the platform at the train station: "Good morning beautiful". I sigh, roll my eyes and walk away.

2. 9:20am- On the bus a guy sits super close and says "hey baby, how's your day going?". I say "It was going fine until you invaded my personal space" and change seats.

3. 9:25am- Walking from the bus to work, I get honked at and whistled at by a truck full of workers. The driver almost hits a biker because he isn't watching the road. I give them the finger and shout "watch the road". One of the men calls me a stupid b*ch.

4. 2:45pm- Out of work early for the Holiday and excited to go meet up with my guy for a late lunch, I'm walking quickly to the bus. While waiting at an intersection for the walk signal a guy says "Excuse me" thinking he's going to ask me for directions, I acknowledge him. He follows up with "where's your boyfriend pretty girl." I say "Please leave me alone loudly" and cross the street.

5. 9pm- Walking with my boyfriend enjoying the beautiful summer evening listening to him tell a funny story when I am distracted by kissy noises and calls of "damn, girl" and "hey sexy" from three men sitting on a stoop. I glare at them, drop my boyfriend's arm and say "You've got to be kidding me." He looks confused because he didn't hear any of it. I explain what happened and that I would have said something back to them had he not been with me. They outnumbered him 3 to 1, and I didn't want to start anything. I then vent to him about my day. I'm shocked that this happened with him. Normally men don't bother you if you appear to "belong" to someone else.

By the end of the day I felt unsafe, pi$$ed, annoyed, anxious, and sad.

I don't know what it is that makes some men think that I get dressed for them in the morning, but I don't. I get dressed for me. This sundress is for me! Women deserve to live in a culture where we can walk freely in our communities without fear of harassment or assault.

http://www.ihollaback.org/

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 10:48:24 AM PDT
I always have fun. That's why I come here. Fortunately, you liking me is one of the very last things I'm concerned about.

If you don't like seeing my posts, feel free to use the "ignore" feature. Only an annoying busybody would try to tell others what they can and cannot say on a shopping website forum.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 10:55:02 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 6, 2012 11:00:24 AM PDT
How dare you look at my body! Sexist!

I guess we're not allowed to be human beings around some liberals. That is the freedom minded voting bloc? Hardly.

I am not the type to take pictures, but I'll look if it is attractive. Liberal prude. Wow. Shouldn't that be mutually exclusive? Since homosexuality comes naturally, why can't simple heterosexual glances of appreciation be just a nutural behavior that should be accepted?

She says objectification, I say appreciation.

EDIT
Didn't realize C Batty was pestered like that. That paints an ugly picture.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 10:57:51 AM PDT
You must be hot.

I hope it doesn't scare you when that happens. Sounds like it happens a lot.

I don't talk to women that way. I must admit, I'd be likely to check you out, but I wouldn't pester you, that's for sure.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 10:58:29 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 6, 2012 11:01:18 AM PDT
"Fortunately, you liking me is one of the very last things I'm concerned about." That's obvious.

I thought I'd ask nicely. No big deal, have fun! Keep spreading the sunshine and happiness.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 11:01:53 AM PDT
Oh, I will.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 11:08:54 AM PDT
C. Batty says:
Checking us out pesters us because WE DON'T EXIST FOR YOU.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 11:09:43 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 6, 2012 11:10:46 AM PDT
C. Batty says:
Why do you get to define the action that is happening to me? You do get to be a human being, that's why we expect you to control what you do with your eyeballs. Humans walk on two legs, not four.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 11:23:50 AM PDT
Oh, So you you control what I can and can't look at. Got it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 11:26:39 AM PDT
TOPICWAQ says:
She is tortured. As long as she doesn't tell us why, I'm OK with knowing that. She doesn't seem to mind, after all. She seems to take pride in the fact that she is. I do know some women who cling to that attitude:(

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 11:28:18 AM PDT
Control what I do with my eyeballs? Now you are just being nuts again. Someone really did a number on you in the past, didn't they?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 11:29:08 AM PDT
TOPICWAQ says:
How did that woman happen to come across that picture in the first place? Did it have her name and phone number attached to it?
If not, it's just a random person, is it not?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 11:31:02 AM PDT
Maybe she was just paging through, checking out other women's butts and saw on that looked like hers?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 11:31:03 AM PDT
TOPICWAQ says:
Only in your mind. Chris Brown and whoever beat TT don't define men in general.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Politics forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
3473 1 day ago
And the Winner is™ IX.5 ... You're Not the Boss of Us ;~) 4567 4 minutes ago
Why is a Trump Presidency Considered a Global Threat By Experts? 93 13 minutes ago
MvM's summer shanty,an Oasis from politics for the Forum friends! 402 19 minutes ago
The New World Order: Liberalism(Anti-Liberty) degrades America's Purity and Promotes Mental Health Disorders 37 24 minutes ago
Obama's Justice Dept. replaces "Allah" with "God" in censored Orlando Terrorist transcripts 289 56 minutes ago
Bad timing: Ohio Girl Gets Life In Prison For Killing Baby At Birth 13 56 minutes ago
I miss the Very Reverend Father Benjamin Harris Tyrone Topley DDS 971 1 hour ago
Why Did Bill Clinton And Loretta Lynch Meet On Her Airplane In Phoenix This Week? 66 1 hour ago
freaks for trump first convicted rapist Mike Tyson.......and now ...tranny Caitlyn Jenner says Donald Trump `seems to be very much for women 84 1 hour ago
The Great Purge 0 1 hour ago
Something You Should Know #23: Climate Change Is The Greatest Threat Human Beings Face On Planet Earth In The Long Term. It Is The Greatest Risk To National Security, Even Greater Than Domestic Or International Terrorism. Herein Find A Primer On ACC. 3402 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Politics forum
Participants:  27
Total posts:  364
Initial post:  Jul 6, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 24, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions