Customer Discussions > Politics forum

Time for FOX to start it's imaginary war on Christmas

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 119 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 28, 2012 5:17:15 PM PST
Whom will FOX blame this year, the old guy in the black panther uniform, Sandra Fluke, Obama, hmmmmm. Inquiring minds would like to know who would launch this fake war first.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 5:22:46 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 1, 2013 7:44:38 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 5:24:16 PM PST
Mickey Ryan says:
War on Christmas? Lol. No such thing. But you gotta admit Sandra Fluke is one goofy broad.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 5:31:10 PM PST
Leigh HD™ says:
Aw, is it that time of year already? Time goes by so fast....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 5:33:43 PM PST
Minsky! Happy Holidays, dude!

;-)

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 5:59:57 PM PST
S. Evans says:
Heh, one of my sisters-in-law already posted that old Ben Stein rant about the WH "Holiday Tree" on her FB page. At least she was gracious and backed off when I posted the Snopes thisiscrap link.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 6:01:21 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 1, 2013 7:44:44 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 6:34:20 PM PST
I just say Merry Christmas to everyone. I don't care if they're insulted or not. If they are I just assume they're brainwashed democrats.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 7:28:17 PM PST
S. Evans says:
Han Iona says: "I just say Merry Christmas to everyone. I don't care if they're insulted or not. If they are I just assume they're brainwashed democrats."

A tiny evil little part of me does hope that you say it to a jihadist after he just had a big fight with his wife(wives).

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 7:36:23 PM PST
Um, how 'bout Susan Rice!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 7:38:53 PM PST
Well, hopefully you don't get insulted if they say Happy Hanukkah backatcha. ;o)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 7:56:12 PM PST
As a person who is pretty left of center and an atheist, I don't care if you celebrate Christmas at all. I've even been known to spend time with family and bring some food to dinner.

I know what Christmas really is, but telling other people what it really is just makes them angry and defensive, so there's no point in doing it.

It's a Christian-hijacked Winter Solstice feast. It would be wrong to observe that, since that is also religious. I like to just think of it as Sir Isaac Newton's birthday. A symbol of rational thought overtaking age-old superstition.

I don't think that organized, militant Christianity is very large at all. People will tell you they go to church and are Christians even when they never go to church and probably aren't practicing Christians, because they will tell a pollster what they think they should say, not what they actually think. It's a pretty well documented phenomenon. If half the town says they go to church and you actually check, it's usually more like one fourth.

I'd compare living in America today with people of Rome who really didn't believe in the Roman deities, but most of them said they did to grease the wheels in their interaction with other people in society.

I just try to avoid talking about religion unless someone actually asks me for my opinion. Trying to talk over someone who disagrees with you is usually pointless, and you usually leave with nothing but frustration and someone that is angry with you. It's a much better use of time to talk to someone who asked, because they're less likely to bite your head off for giving them an answer.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 8:30:07 PM PST
Nope! I would just smile and say, "Thank you and the same to you!" Sorry to burst your bubble....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 9:31:51 PM PST
Leigh says: "Aw, is it that time of year already?"

There is a joke there about republicans and their war on Christmas fantasy but its sexist... ;-)

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 11:26:31 PM PST
Katrina says:
I just watched part of O'Rielly and his 'Spin Zone'. They're cranking it up over there. Must really work on the lemmings. I think they love to hate, especially now that it's Christmas.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 5:31:32 AM PST
"How The Republicans Stole Christmas"?

Sounds like O'Reilly's heart shrunk three sizes last night.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 5:41:59 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 5:44:01 AM PST
Ice King says:
So would I. That's how I'd respond to any kind of religious greeting. I don't care who the deity being represented is, if a person is offering me a blessing/good luck/etc. in the name of their god even if it's not the one I believe in I'm grateful and thank them for the consideration.

That's what I don't get about the militant atheists who get offended when someone says "God bless you" or something. Even if you don't believe in God, the message is still positive and is wishing you well. Just smile and thank the person then move on. Making a scene about it only makes you look like a jerk.

I understand wanting to keep religious rules out of our laws, but simple greetings and celebrations being held in public buildings don't bother me one bit.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 5:49:35 AM PST
May Kolob bless you, Ice King!

Hie Ye To Kolob, Brother!

Joseph Smith died for your sins!

;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 5:55:24 AM PST
Debunker says:
"...brainwashed democrats".

No need to be redundant.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 5:56:13 AM PST
Debunker says:
Who do you blame for not knowing the difference between "it's" and "its"? FoxNews?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 5:57:20 AM PST
C. Batty says:
Merry Solisticmanauka.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 6:02:29 AM PST
Christmas is mostly for the kids. They love to decorate the tree, look at the Christmas lights in the neighborhood, watch the seasonal shows on TV, sing the carols etc. I love sharing in their real enthusiasm for these things. Media honks who babble about a 'war on Christmas' are just trying to keep that always angry segment of the population fired up by feeding their insatiable need to be outraged about something.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 8:33:29 AM PST
Tony Bruno says:
Hey Bill O'Reilly, have a nice Christmas. Bill O'Reilly, "DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!"

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:44:36 AM PST
Yes, that is exactly how I feel about the whole thing.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 9:51:53 AM PST
Mike says:
This stuff isn't as easy as it looks. Fox had to decide whether to call it the WAR on Christmas or Christmasgate.

A lot of hard thought and man hours went into this decision.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Politics forum
Participants:  32
Total posts:  119
Initial post:  Nov 28, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 4, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions