Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blue October Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback Learn more
Customer Discussions > Politics forum

Coming to a neighborhood near you soon....

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 43 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 19, 2012 9:58:39 AM PDT
....A MUSLIM hairdresser and her Bradford-born husband have been convicted of planning a terror attack in the Jewish neighbourhood of Manchester.

Shasta Khan, 38, and her husband, Mohammed Sajid Khan, 33, bought substances and equipment from supermarkets to assemble an improvised explosive device.

Police found a cache of terror-related material after being called to a domestic dispute at the couple's home in Oldham, last July.

Beheading videos, propaganda glorifying Osama bin Laden and bomb-making guides were seized along with peroxide and bleach, used by Shasta Khan in her hairdressing work, which together with electrical equipment were being readied to make a bomb.

A satnav from her Peugeot 305 vehicle showed they had been on multiple trips to Jewish populated areas around Manchester, looking for targets to attack.

A jury at Manchester Crown Court found Shasta Khan guilty of engaging in conduct in preparation for acts of terrorism and two counts of possessing information useful for committing or preparing for an act of terrorism. She was cleared of a third count of the latter charge.

Her husband pleaded guilty at an earlier hearing to engaging in conduct in preparation for acts of terrorism Both will be sentenced at 2pm tomorrow.

British-born Muslim Shasta Khan was convicted by a majority ruling of 11-1 on the main charge of preparing for acts of terrorism.

She cried in the dock as the verdicts were delivered and then wailed as she was led to the cells.

Opening the case four weeks ago, prosecutor Bobbie Cheema said behind their "apparent normality of daily life", Sajid Khan, an unemployed car valeter, and his wife planned to carry out "jihad at home".

They both became radicalised by material found on the internet such as an al Qaida magazine called Inspire, the aim of which is to encourage Muslims in the West and this country to carry out holy war or jihad by mounting attacks in their own countries independent of any outside direction or association with any other person.

In response, the pair prepared to carry out a terrorist attack on British soil, with the most likely target being an orthodox Jewish area of Prestwich....

---From Robert Spencer's "Jihad Watch" for July 19, 2012

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2012 10:28:13 AM PDT
Ryan S. Hupp says:
Please, Richard, show us your dazzling analytical skills. What lesson should we take away from this incident, and how might it be applied?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2012 10:52:09 AM PDT
Eagle Eye says:
What's the matter Hupp, can't figure it out on your own?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2012 11:23:55 AM PDT
Ryan S. Hupp says:
I am a poor innocent lamb. Enlighten me with your thinky wisdom.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2012 11:28:57 AM PDT
Boomy says:
Dicky quotes;
---From Robert Spencer's "Jihad Watch" for July 19, 2012
-----------------------

Did the Iraqis publish "B-52 bomblette watch" during the 2001 invasion?

Posted on Jul 19, 2012 11:29:41 AM PDT
Boomy says:
Ohh yes enlighten me too Ricky...thanks in advance.

Posted on Jul 19, 2012 11:34:34 AM PDT
Sleepers are the biggest problem in terms of Islamic terrorism. Why did we invade Iraq again?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2012 11:36:42 AM PDT
Diva says:
Gosh, you pen name surely does you justice.
To date I have not seen one coherent post from you.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2012 11:37:15 AM PDT
Diva says:
Which part of the facts above do you dispute genius??

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2012 11:47:25 AM PDT
Boomy says:
Nice profile Diva...what formerly banned poster are you?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2012 11:48:31 AM PDT
TucsonCoyote says:
I assume this may not be a common occurrence but certainly an everyday concern for our police. The fact that they are extremists is the problem, correct? I mean Muslim, Christian, or Non-denominational who cares? They are crazies that we hope to catch prior to the action(s) they are planning.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2012 11:48:44 AM PDT
John M. Lane says:
Who says she was "banned?"

Posted on Jul 19, 2012 11:51:02 AM PDT
Mark Time says:
What makes ricky think that something like this is "coming to my neighborhood soon"? It's clear he has never been to _my_ neighborhood.

Posted on Jul 19, 2012 11:55:09 AM PDT
DKF says:
I don't think BBH is disputing any of the facts; I believe BBH is attempting to point out that Mr. Wright is painting with a very broad brush that includes all practitioners of Islam. He might come off a bit better had he included this tidbit from May of this year that shows not all homegrown terrorists are Muslims.

"Venice man among 12 arrested in supremacist bomb plot"
http://www2.tbo.com/news/breaking-news/2012/may/18/venice-man-among-12-arrested-in-supremacist-bomb-p-ar-405096/

Mr. Wright is a well known agitator in these forums.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2012 12:06:49 PM PDT
Boomy says:
OK fair enough, what former poster are you, possibly with an empty profile because you were banned?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2012 12:10:41 PM PDT
Ice King says:
I think the lesson is one Muslim is the same as ALL Muslims. So I guess all white males should be screened extra hard at federal buildings too.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2012 12:11:29 PM PDT
Ice King says:
It's not the facts that are wrong, it's the implication. Or it inferrence?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2012 12:12:40 PM PDT
Boomy says:
While you do make a good point about the broad brush Ricky swashes around with, my point was more akin to if the USA had pursued the "guilty" parties for 9/11 more like a police action and targeted assassinations, than as the overall broad war in which many innocents died, it would have probably spawned less future jihadist terrorists, than we have now. Death from a terrorist bomb for being American sucks just as much as death from a American bomblette for being Iraqi...and spawns the same if opposite side hate.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2012 12:12:41 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2012 12:13:55 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2012 12:14:57 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 20, 2012 8:17:39 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2012 12:17:05 PM PDT
JKW Retired says:
"Mr. Wright is a well known agitator in these forums."

As opposed to the other 150 less well known agitators, at least 5 of which have already posted here?

(oops, now 6)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2012 6:17:54 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 20, 2012 8:17:50 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2012 6:21:14 PM PDT
Eagle Eye says:
Well your wonderful Obama administration said all vets were potential terrorists!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2012 6:22:31 PM PDT
Eagle Eye says:
More than you seem to!!!!!!!!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Politics forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
3411 4 days ago
Look Like This, Not That: UW Pulls Cheerleader-Tryout Advice After Angry Backlash 66 3 seconds ago
Will Ferrell to Play Dementia-Stricken Reagan 5 15 seconds ago
I miss Father Ben. 6240 44 seconds ago
John Stossel is in hospital for lung cancer and commenting on how he was treated. 275 1 minute ago
In a decision prosecutors have called "insane" and "offensive," the Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals ruled that forcible sodomy can't happen if the alleged victim has blacked out from drinking 79 1 minute ago
Is this black on black crime? 15 2 minutes ago
WHITE terrorist is ALIVE AND WELL after threatening to blow up Fox Baltimore headquarters 7 2 minutes ago
Child rapist Republican Speaker of the House only gets 15 months!??! 24 3 minutes ago
OK so am I supposed to be outraged at Lil Kim? 89 5 minutes ago
Trump is Reagan, Cruz is Nixon 1 6 minutes ago
All of the G20 countries would unanimously vote for Hillary over Trump except for one, Russia. 53 8 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Politics forum
Participants:  16
Total posts:  43
Initial post:  Jul 19, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 24, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions