Customer Discussions > Politics forum

All The Gun Nuts Say "Trust Us! We Know How To Handle A Gun!"

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 138 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 20, 2012 5:58:09 PM PST
Oh they are pillars of society, aren't they?

The regale us with tales of how their fellow gun-totin' marksmen know not to take a shot at a shooter with a bystander in the line of fire and amuse us with their own inflated opinions of how *they* would know when and how to take a shot, how to handle a weapon, how responsible they are, etc.

Yeah, about that...

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/12/20/boys-make-the-right-move-with-loaded-gun-in-theater/?hpt=hp_t3

"He sat down in his chair and I heard a `clunk' and I looked down and there it was," Kolton's classmate, Levi Crabtree, told CNN affiliate KGW in Portland.

It was a gun, a small-caliber, semi-automatic pistol. It was fully loaded with a round in the chamber, Tillamook Police Chief Terry Wright said.

Levi and Kolton didn't touch the weapon. They alerted a school staffer who was on the field trip, who then alerted police.

Why didn't the boys pick up the firearm?

"I'm a Boy Scout and Kolton and me took a hunter safety class. One of the rules is that you treat all guns as if they're loaded," Levi told KPTV.

"Who would do that? Seriously, there's a bunch of people that go to that theater and they put a gun in there," Kolton told KGW.

Somebody who's "careless" and "reckless," Wright said.

Police told KPTV that a man went to the theater on Wednesday night asking if anyone had found his gun and turned it in to the lost and found. He'd lost it the night before in the theater.

The man, who has a Tillamook County concealed handgun license, never notified police he'd lost the weapon, KPTV reported.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 6:20:06 PM PST
No NRA lifetime members want to comment about an idiot with a concealed carry permit leaves a loaded and chambered gun in the seat of a theater?

Don't care to defend how responsible you concealed carry blokes are and how you always know where your gun is and don't endanger anyone with them?

Or how you want to be able to carry them into schools and such?

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 7:16:10 PM PST
Bad Grandpa says:
In the 11th grade my son found one of his teachers under a desk in the back room, curled up in the fetal position. She was having some sort of mental breakdown or something. It could have been a really bad scene if she had been packing a gun in her purse.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:28:53 PM PST
KMA says:
Well, last year, I had a huge case of diarrhea. I can't tell you how lucky the whole neighborhood was that I didn't have my Heckler & Koch MP-5 in my back pocket at the time. Geez....

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:34:46 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 7:59:51 PM PST
Lisa E. says:
Wow, Tomcat. What a classy way to not add to the discussion.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:35:58 PM PST
Lisa E. says:
e-guy,

Except for the troll, I don't think anyone on the right is going to comment seriously on your thread.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 7:36:01 PM PST
KMA says:
Well well.....the "dumber" of "dumb and dumber" has arrived. What a delight. How nice for us.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:57:29 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 8:21:00 PM PST
Lisa E. says:
--"Well well.....the "dumber" of "dumb and dumber" has arrived. What a delight. How nice for us."--

Tomcat says:

"Well, last year, I had a huge case of diarrhea. I can't tell you how lucky the whole neighborhood was that I didn't have my Heckler & Koch MP-5 in my back pocket at the time. Geez...."

Yes, the one who said that I had accused him of everything short of the Kennedy assassination calls someone dumb after a post like you just made.

P.S. How's the girlfriend "Jenna"?

P.P.S. You still haven't commented on electronic guy's post unless you count that drivel you wrote as a comment.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 8:19:52 PM PST
Just Leigh says:
e.g.: Good boys! Good training, too.

That permit should be lifted forever. After all, the point of a concealed carry permit is that, you know, they CARRY it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 8:23:45 PM PST
KMA says:
"You still haven't commented on electronic guy's post...."

How clever of you to notice. And no, I don't plan to respond to the troll - at the moment, he's just DRM in a tweed jacket.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 8:28:20 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 8:29:34 PM PST
Lisa E. says:
--"How clever of you to notice. And no, I don't plan to respond to the troll - at the moment, he's just DRM in a tweed jacket."--

Did you also notice that he started a legit thread [unlike DRM] and that you responded with a troll post that added nothing to the discussion.

Which actually makes you DRM -- minus the tweed jacket.

Edit: Vote, TC vote.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 8:32:49 PM PST
KMA says:
This is not a "legit thread", D-er.....it's a troll thread, and everyone knows it, which is why no one is here but you whining about other topics. Even you told him no one was going to show up, genius. What a shock.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 8:36:15 PM PST
KMA says:
By the way, a little later - when I'm truly inspired, tonight or tomorrow morning - I'll have a post for you and your girlfriends in your thread in answer to your "Three Little Morons" performance from last night.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 8:56:25 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 9:03:37 PM PST
Tomcat says: "This is not a "legit thread", D-er.....it's a troll thread, and everyone knows it"

Really?

Is it not a legitimate news item?

Is it not a relevant counterpoint to all the "we gun nuts are so trained and good with guns that none of you townfolk need to worry about us" threads?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 9:01:56 PM PST
KMA says:
RainbowGayTool Guy (as long as we're using nicknames),

I never said it wasn't a legitimate news item, did I? I said it was a troll thread, made completely obvious by your follow-up post. Gee, who wouldn't want to walk into that invitation??? Apparently........NO ONE.

Come on, e.g......you're not as dumb as you want people to believe.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 9:05:58 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 9:35:22 PM PST
Lisa E. says:
--"By the way, a little later - when I'm truly inspired, tonight or tomorrow morning - I'll have a post for you and your girlfriends in your thread in answer to your "Three Little Morons" performance from last night."--

Tomcat, I am sure we are all waiting with bated breath [not] to read what you have to say. You obviously have nothing better to do tonight or tomorrow morning then think of more lies to post while continuing to say that you are TOXIC'S cousin from Hawaii on one thread and posting about your new [sweet and not a tart] girlfriend on another.

You go into liberal threads with "another circle jerk" or the "severe diarrhea" dreck you posted here. It never changes.

That and the sock puppet voting. You are as predictable as your pretend cousin.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 9:07:48 PM PST
Lisa E. says:
--"Even you told him no one was going to show up, genius. What a shock."--

Because they have no comeback, not because it's a troll thread. Don't you KNOW the difference?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 9:08:10 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 9:08:20 PM PST
Tomcat says: "Well well.....the "dumber" of "dumb and dumber" has arrived. What a delight. How nice for us."

You always announce your own entrance like that?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 9:10:39 PM PST
Lisa E. says:
--"RainbowGayTool Guy (as long as we're using nicknames)"--

Oh, Tomcat and "RainbowGayTool Guy are both nicknames in the same category, eh? The whole forum knows you're Tomcat. Who do you think you are fooling?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 9:16:51 PM PST
I really don't understand why they call me that. If they think it upsets me, they should know it doesn't.

If anything it shows they are prejudiced against gay people - which I am not - and also shows them to be bit stupid for not being able to figure that out.

As Bugs would say... "What a maroon!" ;-)

Howm Dod, Lisa!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 9:31:57 PM PST
KMA says:
"I am sure we are all waiting with baited breath......"

Sigh.....it's "bated" breath, D-er. You never disappoint.....

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 9:32:25 PM PST
Lisa E. says:
e-guy,

And a hearty howm dod to you as well!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 9:35:42 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 9:38:57 PM PST
Lisa E. says:
--"Sigh.....it's "bated" breath, D-er. You never disappoint....."--

Typo. Corrected. I'll make sure to correct yours from now on despite the fact that you practically foam at the mouth when someone does.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 9:40:12 PM PST
Rhea D. says:
maybe our breath smells like worms. Did you ever think of that?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 9:40:29 PM PST
KMA says:
Of course. I understand you perfectly, Dim.....you're never wrong, you just make typos.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Politics forum
Participants:  28
Total posts:  138
Initial post:  Dec 20, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 25, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions