Automotive Deals Summer Reading Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Politics forum

Obama to RHW: You didn't build that business!....

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 52 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 16, 2012 6:38:17 AM PDT
....RHW to Obama: Like Hell I didn't; took me half a livetime. Now you've destroyed it.

How I long for the end of the anti-free enterprise, anti-American, anti-liberty Obama's tenure.

Richard H. Wright PE
libertarian for Romney 2012

Posted on Jul 16, 2012 6:47:57 AM PDT
Andre Lieven says:
The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 6:51:07 AM PDT
Ryan S. Hupp says:
Context and reading comprehension are for communists, sissies and nancy-lads, am I right?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 7:02:43 AM PDT
prosecute baby bush for war crimes and terminal stupidity

Posted on Jul 16, 2012 7:10:44 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 7:13:34 AM PDT
Ice King says:
Ok then, staying on topic, how and when did you lose your business? You do know that a lot of people got screwed in this recession, right? And that this recession didn't start under Obama?
Please tell us how you feel Obama is the reason you lost your business.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 7:19:57 AM PDT
The big question: will he also lose the computer he posts this bile from?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 7:31:37 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 16, 2012 7:33:58 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 7:46:37 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 16, 2012 7:47:29 AM PDT
Ice King says:
When the recession started is very important. I can't deny Obama hasn't done as much as I had hoped to fix this mess, but it would be equally foolish to deny that all of my financial problems started in 2007 when the recession began. When Bush took office I had a decent job with decent pay. When he was re-elected I had a great job with great pay. One year after that I had no job and was collecting unemployment. In the next few years I started several jobs only to lose them shortly after when the company shut down. This all happened before 2009 so it couldn't have been because people were afraid of Obama. And even if it was, I thought taking risks was supposed to be a part of being successful. Are you saying that these people are so scared of Obama that they've decided to just shut down and do no business rather than risk paying more taxes? That's kind of like driving your car off a cliff to keep people from stealing it.
I've only recently started getting back to a level where I feel even a little bit secure with my job.
I know a lot of people in a very similar situation.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 8:04:02 AM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 8:22:15 AM PDT
Ataraxia says:
"He's made the recession infinitely worse."

There is no recession. Residual unemployment concerns are not the same thing as a recession. Liberalism is not communism. Law and order are not tyranny, and freedom does not mean anarchy or the freedom of the powerful to exploit and abuse at will.

Now that we have the doublespeak out of the way, I hope things don't look so bad.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 8:29:13 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 16, 2012 8:31:05 AM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 8:30:19 AM PDT
Ataraxia says:
No. What matters is the definition of the word recession.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 9:28:02 AM PDT
Word definitions are part of the liberal media's plot to control our brains.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 9:29:48 AM PDT
Ice King says:
Yeah, all those crazy "facts" and "definitions or words" are so liberal biased. Why does reality always side with them?!

Posted on Jul 16, 2012 11:51:23 AM PDT
Mark Time says:
Cry Baby

Posted on Jul 16, 2012 12:06:20 PM PDT
Ricky's mythical business he made up to impress people is in trouble...Ricky you do know there is nothing to worry about right...remember "the meek will inherit the earth"...

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 12:18:49 PM PDT
It's a recession when your neighbor looses his job, it's a depression when you lose your's.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 1:42:19 PM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 1:43:50 PM PDT
Yeah, why should what a word means be any more important than, say, the difference between Chicago and Detroit?

Posted on Jul 17, 2012 5:28:25 AM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2012 6:11:33 AM PDT
Ataraxia says:
Bzzzt! Try again. That's not the definition of recession or depression.

If that was the case, there has never been any time when this country was not in a depression for someone or other.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2012 6:14:50 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 17, 2012 6:15:09 AM PDT
Ricky, do you have organic brain damage?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2012 6:30:24 AM PDT
Bob says:
How exactly did Obama destroy your business Richard?

If you had a business so fragile that the president continuing the bush era tax cuts, extending unemployment benefits, putting in programs for people to refinance their underwater houses, providing tax credits to small businesses in the stimulus and health care bill was enough to destroy your business, I am sorry to say but is sounds like you wasted half your livetime (sic).

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2012 6:35:51 AM PDT
Yo says:
RHW says: "Obama's fiscal "policies" have destroyed the private economy, including construction."

You mean it wasn't Bush Jr.'s policies that destoryed the private economy. Could've sworn the Great Recession began under Republican leadership ...
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Politics forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
3720 16 hours ago
Why are Liberals Increasing in Numbers? 110 2 seconds ago
Debbie Wasserman Schultz replaced by Sander's hater Donna Brazile 50 43 seconds ago
Manafort already has financial ties with Russia. Trump is a Traitor to America and is working with Putin. 9 1 minute ago
Kerry: Air conditioners as big a threat as the Islamic State 26 2 minutes ago
The Religion of Peace 563 2 minutes ago
Why Obama's half-brother says he'll be voting for Donald Trump 2 3 minutes ago
Sandy Hook was a gun free zone. Cinemark theater in Aurora Colorado was a gun free zone. Pulse nightclub in Orlando was a gun free zone. 207 3 minutes ago
If Trump wins, I expect everyone who threatened to leave America make good on it 118 3 minutes ago
Leaked Emails Show DNC Officials Planned Anti-Trump Protests 1 4 minutes ago
'....can we get someone to ask his [Sanders] belief. Does he believe in a God. He had skated on saying he has a Jewish heritage. I think I read he is an atheist' - DNC CFO Brad Marshall 38 4 minutes ago
Breaking: Shooting Spree In Munich, Germany At Shopping Mall And Possibly Other Locations... 296 5 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Politics forum
Participants:  16
Total posts:  52
Initial post:  Jul 16, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions