Customer Discussions > Politics forum

I Was Raped

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 965 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 30, 2012 7:56:47 PM PDT
S. Evans says:
My friend's story. It was very hard to read, even harder to help her write it and get it out there. If her story moves you, please share. She wanted her real name used because she is weary of hiding. She wants you to know that she is a real person.

Thank you for reading it.

"I am a rape survivor. I cannot speak for every rape survivor; I can only describe my own experience. It is nothing like some of the recent politicians would like us to believe.

My name is Catherine Mary Redfern. I was 24 years old that day. I waited at the bus stop in my baggy sweats with my backpack, just having finished a long hike. An approaching pickup truck slowed down. The driver asked me if I needed a ride. I said no. He continued down the road, then he turned around. He was out of the truck and dragging me into the bushes before I could react.

For me, this is what rape is:

It was screaming so hard and for so long for help that didn't come. Screaming that made me lose my voice for four days.

It was fighting so hard for myself, that when I was finally alone and could see, I saw that I had no fingernails left - just bloody nail beds where my nails had been from fighting and scratching to fight off my rapist."

http://www.occasionalplanet.org/2012/10/30/a-rape-survivor-tells-her-story-think-about-it-when-you-vote/

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 8:41:03 PM PDT
democrat propaganda

is there no low they wont stoop below to try to win

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2012 8:48:32 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 30, 2012 8:50:02 PM PDT
John M. Lane says:
Rape is a terrible crime and it's one of the most under-reported of all, S. Evans. Your friend managed to survive it and deserves to be heard.

The trouble with rape is just what you're seeing. The terror of the crime keeps welling up afterwards. She's experiencing post traumatic stress. Is there counseling available to her?

Sometimes it helps to know that she's not alone. Others have been through it too. You're being a good friend by listening to her and letting her talk it out.

I don't see her story as being "political." It's a human tragedy more than anything.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2012 8:49:42 PM PDT
Rhea D. says:
right wing repugnation.

you don't think that women get raped, or that victims have the right to voice what happened to them.

you are disgusting horse's patoot.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2012 8:53:34 PM PDT
sure do

but taht was made up by the DNC

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2012 9:00:06 PM PDT
TOPICWAQ says:
John,

I agree with everything you said.....up until the next to last sentence: "I don't see her story as being 'political'." I might even agree with that if I hadn't read the URL, which ends in "think-about-it-when-you-vote/".

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2012 9:05:54 PM PDT
John M. Lane says:
I'm not familiar with that URL, K. A. Lien. I've investigated rapes as a police officer, though.

I never saw a political dimension to it. It's a crime of violence.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2012 9:06:11 PM PDT
VicAriel says:
>but taht was made up by the DNC<

Did the DNC make up the dozens of cases where Republican officials raped or molested children?

http://republicanoffenders.com/Pedophiles.html

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2012 9:08:19 PM PDT
John M. Lane says:
Are you serious, VicAriel?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2012 9:10:20 PM PDT
VicAriel says:
Check out the link.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2012 9:11:27 PM PDT
TOPICWAQ says:
I"m not either, but someone is clearly "politicizing" it - which I think is a damned shame.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2012 9:11:53 PM PDT
John M. Lane says:
Why should I?

The premise is absurd.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2012 9:12:43 PM PDT
that is a different topic

i dont like the grumpy old pervert party
but the OP was a shameful political trick to get votes

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2012 9:14:05 PM PDT
John M. Lane says:
Anybody who seriously thinks Republicans are promoting rape is crazy.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2012 9:15:25 PM PDT
John M. Lane says:
How do you "get votes" by making up crazy stuff, andthehorseirodeinontoo?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2012 9:17:24 PM PDT
TOPICWAQ says:
Well John.....this weeks DNC idea is to call all things Republican "The Party of Rape". How many threads have they started here in the last couple of days using just those words?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2012 9:19:07 PM PDT
S. Evans says:
K. A. Lien says: I"m not either, but someone is clearly "politicizing" it - which I think is a damned shame.

My friend asked me to help her write her story because she is sick of how rape, sexuality, and women's bodies have become a political tool. It says more about you that you find this more repulsive than you find what happened to her repulsive.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2012 9:20:51 PM PDT
i presume your friend is a hard core dem trying to help yobamamama get reelected by hook or crook

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2012 9:20:53 PM PDT
John M. Lane says:
Thanks for the explanation, K.A. Lien. I wondered where all that was coming from.

Apparently irony doesn't exist on Planet DNC, since Bill Clinton, their keynote speaker, was suspected of rape himself. Oh well.

Thanks again for letting me know that.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2012 9:21:42 PM PDT
TOPICWAQ says:
It's too bad you had to dishonor her by turning it into a voting ploy.

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 9:22:44 PM PDT
Voicebox5 says:
Wow. I hope this is all a bad joke. If not, there are some seriously screwed up people on here. First it was a "war on women". That didn't get the desired result, so now it's the Republicans are the "Rapeublicans"? I'm pretty sure Bill Clinton is a democrat.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2012 9:24:45 PM PDT
Voicebox5 says:
So she wanted to turn herself into a political tool? Twisted logic. So she is tragic on many levels.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2012 9:25:06 PM PDT
the dems are shameless and evil

not to say the goppers are not also
just in different ways

vote gary johnson for real change thta is good

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 9:25:21 PM PDT
Voicebox5 says:
Election 2012: All hail the zombie uterus!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2012 9:41:37 PM PDT
I miss W says:
Well, when Romney wins, it won't be from lack of you lyin', S. Evans.

That story's a crock.

>>I was raped - for hours I fought for my life and the right to control who touches my body. Although I lost that fight, I did not rape easy.<<

Poorly written trash.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 39 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Politics forum
Participants:  46
Total posts:  965
Initial post:  Oct 30, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 8, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions