Customer Discussions > Pop forum

take all of this weak pop and emo and nerd and art crap off of the punk rock listings and let real punk rock rest with what respect it stil has PART TWO: ANARCHIST BOOGALOO!!!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 8, 2010 10:01:39 PM PDT
Begin transmission:

ALERT!!!!ALERT!!!ALERT!!
This is a call!!!

Begin the onslaught anew!!!!

SCORCHED EARTH POLICY!!!!!!

end transmission.

PUNK ROCK IS NOT FOR THE WEAK! says:
1st i would like to say that not only has punk rock been a major part of my life for over 20 years ive also respected it for that long also and thats why I'm sick of little kids and record producers and music stores and websites thinking little pop groups and little artsy emo groups and dance groups like blink 182 and simple plan and Good Charlotte and greenday and Hawthorne Heights and afi and Dashboard Confessional and Panic! At the Disco and Taking Back Sunday and All American Rejects and Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance and Yellowcard and Relient K and Less Than Jake and Coheed & Cambria and Armor for Sleep and Bowling for Soup and Jimmy Eat World and Motion City Soundtrack and Offspring and the plain white t's and The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus and My Chemical Romance and Hellogoodbye and Gym Class Heroes and Boys Like Girls and Cartel and ...(well, i could go on for hours)...are punk rockers. because it should be clear to anyone that has listened to them for less then a second that they aren't close to being in the same realm as real punk rock in anyway!. If they want to listen to that junk fine ill live after all i made it through crap like poison and all the rest of that hair meatal crap in the 80's and the backsteet boys and all of the boyband crap in the 90's (Like there really is a difference when you look at most of it.). But at least call all of that pop and emo and artsy crap something else that truly shows what it really is (like art rock or neo goth or just pop or alt would work) and let real punk rock rest in peace with what little respect it still has.It died in 84 so it wouldnt become some soft kiddy pop trend (yeah there might have been 1 or 2 albums that came out afterwards but nearly all were from bands that came out pre-84 and were just kind of giving punk rock its last gasp of breath because they refused to look at the big picture and see the truth)...

Real punk rock is timeless so stop saying that just because an album isn't made within the last 5 or 10 years its not worth your time thats being closed-minded and if any bands these days were really punk rock i would say so TRUST ME! and i also like to point out that i love bands from lots of differnt kinds genres of music, just not all.. but for good reason!, (but real punk rock is far beyond just music!) and can you guess what is not only one of my 10 favorite of all time, but may very well be the best band to come along in the last 16 years and has one of the most innovative, breathtaking, and transcending sounds of any band in the history of not only rock but music period? its Sigur Rós and they are FAR from punk rock but if you just look at their musical expertise and NOTHING ELSE they may be one of the best bands to come out in the last 25-50 years... but punk rock rock is far beyond just music (just like the true rebel rock of 50's that laid the foundation of all true hard rock and metal was far more then just music) so...

THE BOTTOM LINE IS: If you want to know what real punk rock is then listen to the sex pistols album -Never Mind the Bollocks Here's the Sex Pistols- they are and it is punk rock in its most raw, ungrateful, destructive, rebellious and ultimately greatest form and the place to see if you are truly part of punk rock or just in its way! and i hope at the very least you see how foolish and childish it is to even try and call all the pop and emo and artsy crap of today punk rock and wake up and realize Real punk rock is about creating conflicts not stopping them!. Thats why im sick of people bring up the clash every time they talk about punk rock. The clash were just u2 with a little more of a rock edge (And u2 are just tree hugging save the world so we can fill good new age hippies with a little bit more of a rock edge.). So in the end im sure all of the kids and so called adults would hate for people to think that the little emo and pop groups and that you listen to were about what real punk rock is about anyway. And remember i said REAL punk rock you know, the kind of music that is about destruction, chaos, anarchy and rebellion (And when i say that i don't mean it as some buzzword there are real anarchists out there and and we use punk rock as our political stance and our way of life and NOT as some pop music trend!.). And also, punk rock can be used be used to scare and intimidate and just make the rest of the world suffer for your own enjoyment on the side (A nice plus if you ask me). The bottom line is when you step on punk rock your stepping on something bigger then just music and you wont like what you wont like the outcome that you make for yourself and other by doing so!. And i would like to also point out that punk ROCK is just that, a form of ROCK!. I think most people forget that it IS a form of rock and not only that its the hardest form of rock there is and how can a band be called a punk rock band when its not even a rock band to begin with? and i would also like to note that im not just saying that the sex pistols are the only real punk rock group or the only good punk rock group why i only mention them is because i am writing this to try and show people the difference in punk rock and all of this pop and emo crap and not bore them to death on some history lesson and what better way to do that then to simply let them listen to the best example possible and then if they really like what real punk rock is then they will not only go and find other real punk rock bands but, will also try and see what real punk rock is all about on they're own. If they don't and they want to go back to the fake pop and emo crap of today then fine but at least they will know what punk rock is really about and know that the weak pop and dance and emo crap that they listen to is by no means real punk rock and thats the important thing and also hopefully places like amazon and mtv wont try and promote the lie with them (wake up emo is newage goth music amazon and mtv, and pop is just that pop and dance music again is just that dance music)!.

Lastly, i would like to call out all the so called punk rockers (remember what i said earlier people punk rock is a form of ROCK so maybe if real punk rockers would use the word rock people wouldnt think its some pop tread) that say that you really shouldn't care about something this much. Well, why put your time into it? real punk rockers know this is worth fighting for and thats why we do it and also to all the nerds (why do nerds even think that anyone with half a brain would think that weak little nerds could really be punk rockers anyway?!?!?!?!?!? they are like the least punk rock thing i know of!) whos heads are about to explode because i didnt use the best gramer writing this GOOD! there are more important things in life to worry about!.

AND STOP WATCHING TRL ITS THE ONE OF THE MANY REASONS WHY PEOPLE DON'T KNOW WHAT REAL PUNK ROCK (OR WHAT ANY REAL ROCK) IS THESE DAYS

Posted on Jul 8, 2010 10:02:23 PM PDT
SEX PISTOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2010 10:22:19 PM PDT
Steve K says:
Dont know what I want but I know how to get it.

Posted on Jul 8, 2010 10:33:51 PM PDT
Bludge says:
I think Steve just quoted a line from a Motley Crue song. Or it might be Megadeth. I'm not sure.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2010 10:42:51 PM PDT
S. Mayer says:
Does it matter? Both the Crue and Megadeath totally rule while most punk totally drools.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2010 10:49:27 PM PDT
Do you want fries with that, ma'am?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2010 12:19:10 AM PDT
Val H. says:
Congratulations o fearless leader on dragging the troops kicking and screaming into Part 2.

Would that Comrade Amaranth were here to witness the weeping of the women!

Posted on Jul 9, 2010 12:19:38 AM PDT
Val H. says:
Post-punk revival bands, GO!

Posted on Jul 9, 2010 12:20:19 AM PDT
Val H. says:
Elastica

Posted on Jul 9, 2010 12:20:39 AM PDT
Val H. says:
Franz Ferdinand

Posted on Jul 9, 2010 12:21:04 AM PDT
Val H. says:
The Futureheads

Posted on Jul 9, 2010 12:21:27 AM PDT
Val H. says:
Hot Hot Heat

Posted on Jul 9, 2010 12:21:45 AM PDT
Val H. says:
Maxïmo Park

Posted on Jul 9, 2010 12:22:06 AM PDT
Val H. says:
The Rapture

Posted on Jul 9, 2010 12:22:33 AM PDT
Val H. says:
The Strokes

Posted on Jul 9, 2010 12:22:58 AM PDT
Val H. says:
Brainiac

Posted on Jul 9, 2010 12:23:41 AM PDT
Val H. says:
Clinic

Posted on Jul 9, 2010 12:24:20 AM PDT
Val H. says:
Erase Errata

Posted on Jul 9, 2010 12:25:08 AM PDT
Val H. says:
Glass Candy

Posted on Jul 9, 2010 12:25:49 AM PDT
Val H. says:
Interpol

Posted on Jul 9, 2010 12:26:21 AM PDT
Val H. says:
The Long Blondes

Posted on Jul 9, 2010 12:28:38 AM PDT
Val H. says:
Love Is All

Posted on Jul 9, 2010 12:29:03 AM PDT
Val H. says:
New Young Pony Club

Posted on Jul 9, 2010 12:30:08 AM PDT
Val H. says:
Numbers

Posted on Jul 9, 2010 12:30:35 AM PDT
Val H. says:
Prinzhorn Dance School
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 74 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Pop forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Pop forum
Participants:  60
Total posts:  1845
Initial post:  Jul 8, 2010
Latest post:  Jun 5, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions