Customer Discussions > Pop forum

The 897 Greatest Albums of All Time

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 3882 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 9, 2008 12:36:13 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 23, 2010 12:37:38 PM PDT
Mark F. says:
Hi all,

It's finally here...the 897 album review. Thanks for all of your patience while I caught up with the singles thread. On here, I'll review one album at a time, and rate each song on a scale of 1-10 (providing I can find a full-length version to listen to; if I can't, or can only get a 30-second snippet, I'll rate it as follows: (-). If it was a first listen for me, I'll put a ? before the rating). I'll also give the album itself an overall rating from 0 to 10. Also, at the end of each post, I'll post the next single from the 500 Greatest Rock songs list (I left off at 425 on the other thread).

So, without further ado, here goes:

897. Hair--The Original Soundtrack (1969) (7)

1. Ronald Dyson--Aquarius (6)

2. Gerome Ragni--Donna (?)(1)
3. Melba Moore--Hashish (?)(1)
4. Steve Curry--Sodomy (?) (1)
5. Lamont Washington--Colored Spade (?) (1)
6. James Rado--Manchester England (?) (2)
7. Steve Curry--I'm Black (?)(1)
8. Melba Moore--Ain't Got No (?) (1)
9. Melba Moore--I Believe in Love (?)(3)
10. Melba Moore--Ain't Got No (Reprise) (?)(1)
11. Melba Moore--Air (?)(3)
12. Melba Moore--Initials (?)(3)
13. James Rado--I Got Life (?)(2)
14. Gerome Ragni--Going Down (?)(1)
15. James Rado--Hair (7+) (I like the Cowsills version too)
16. Jonathan Kramer--My Conviction (?)(1)
17. Lynn Kellogg--Easy to Be Hard (5+) (love the 3 Dog Night version--8)

18. Steve Curry--Don't Put It Down (?)(2)
19. Shelley Plimpton--Frank Mills (?)(1)
20. Melba Moore--Be-In (?) (3)
21. James Rado--Where Do I Go? (?)(1)
22. Paul Jabara--Electric Blues (?)(1)
23. James Rado--Manchester England (reprise) (?)(2)
24. Diane Keaton--Black Boys (?)(1)
25. Melba Moore--White Boys (?)(2)
26. Melba Moore--Walking in Space (?)(1)
27. Ronald Dyson--Abie Baby (?)(1)
28. Melba Moore--Three-Five-Zero-Zero (?)(1)
29. Ronald Dyson--What a Piece of Work Is Man (?)(1)
30. Melba Moore--Good Morning Starshine (7) (I like the Oliver version too)

31. Melba Moore--The Bed (?)(1)
32. Melba Moore--The Flesh Failures (Let the Sunshine In) (9) (like the 5th Dimension version too)

REVIEW: With all that Broadway stuff mixed in (and I know that's what it was, a Broadway musical, so I should expect no less) it's too cluttered for me. But I give it a 7.

OK, since I don't know how to add a new post, I'll just add the next album here:

896. Talk Talk--Laughing Stock (1991) (0)

1. Myrrhman (?) (1)
2. Ascension Day (?) (2)
3. After the Flood (?) (1)
4. Taphead (?) (1)
5. New Grass (?) (1)
6. Runeii (?) (1)

REVIEW: Obviously they had come a long way from their "Talk Talk" and "It's My Life" days in this, their final album. Very experimental, downbeat. Can't say I heard anything inspiring. I give it a 0.

425. Tom Petty--You Don't Know How It Feels (7+)

Mark

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 9, 2008 3:47:04 PM PDT
E. Dill says:
Mark:

This gives me incentive to pay a visit to my local libraries (15 min. east and 15 min. west) and see if my copy of Hair is there for me to pick up. I would look before I go but I need to pick up other items anyway, so here's hoping the Hair album is there waiting for me so I can begin at the beginning.

ed.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 9, 2008 4:08:49 PM PDT
Val H. says:
Wow, Mark, as you say, this list is starting off with a doozie! This is where we get down to nit-picking about what constitutes "greatest" - and the list name doesn't stipulate genre. I'm guessing that the album format didn't really take off (in my circles anyway) until late 50s/early 60s. If "Hair" is at 897, can we expect to find "Oklahoma" further up? As I mentioned on the singles list, I love "Hair" and it was very important (to me) in my late teens. It would definitely get a place on my favourite 897 albums, but that's not what we're rating here. If we take into account social significance, I think I can cope with it at No. 897. I don't think I'm going to rate every track at this stage. I just don't have the time. So for melody, smartness, daring and talent, I'm happy to give it a 7. If "Rent" occurs further up, it will suffer in comparison because I don't think it was as ground-breaking.

7/10

P.S. I only just realised that Ronald Dyson was the silken-voiced Ronnie Dyson who had a hit in 1971 when I was living in the U.K. with "When You Get Right Down To It".

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 9, 2008 5:42:30 PM PDT
Mark F. says:
Ed,

Thanks for joining the discussion. I wondered whether I had the Hair album....all my albums are in alphabetical order, and I found a crate that went from Nina Hagen to Hall and Oates, in between which Hair would fall, and it wasn't there. I heard all the tracks in one form or another on You Tube, as I did with the Talk Talk album (I added that to the first post because I still don't know how to add a new post without replying, which you can't do to your own post).

No more album reviews for today; at night I generally listen to the ball game and/or political talk, so I'll start a new one tomorrow, providing we all don't get sucked into a black hole when they fire up the collider :-O

422. George Thorogood--One Bourbon One Scotch One Beer (#870)
421. Beatles--A Day in the Life (#7)
420. ZZ Top--Waiting for the Bus/Jesus Just Left Chicago (4) (Believe it or not, I always thought this song was the Talking Heads at the start ("Have mercy!"), and it always confused me when it went into the second song, which was obviously ZZ Top). :-)

Mark

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 9, 2008 6:58:11 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 9, 2008 7:46:13 PM PDT
Mark F. says:
Valerie,

Thanks for joining the new discussion! Looking forward to seeing what you have to say about all of these albums.

I definitely like those four or five main Hair themes--great ones. But there's a lot of "dreck" on there too, IMO.

I haven't heard the Ronnie Dyson song you mentioned.

419. Robert Palmer--Addicted to Love (9) (the much-parodied and copied video dominated the song, but it was a good song nonetheless, IMO)

418. Creedence Clearwater Revival--Green River (6) (one of their more run-of-the-mill tunes)

417. Van Halen--Dancing in the Street (8) (a good rock-version cover with a good guitar riff)

Mark

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 9, 2008 10:50:42 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 2, 2008 4:20:14 PM PDT
E. Dill says:
Mark:

#896 LAUGHING STOCK - TALK TALK (edited WITH access to full album)

Well, I went to the libraries and had a version of Hair waiting for me. Unfortunately, it was a DVD of the movie. I will wait until I get a copy of the original cast recording. I tried to see what I could get out of the snippets on allmusic. Not much. Also, there is a problem with ANY music that is tied to a stage play or movie. It may work wonderfully within the context of the movie but not so well separated from it. Some even go the other way, better as music than as part of a mediocre movie (Superfly comes to mind.) I'll try anyway but only when I get the original cast recording from the library in a few days.

With Talk Talk's Laughing Stock, I WILL utilize snippets until I get the album from the library. Here's what I come up with, subject to edit/re-evaluation upon receipt of the whole album:

NOTE; AS STATED ABOVE, THIS NO LONGER IS A THE CASE. I HAVE THE ALBUM AND AM LISTENING TO IT AS I TYPE:

1. Myrrhman (10)
2. Ascension Day (10) This IS a killer song!
3. After the Flood (10) Another...with buzzsaw guitar
4. Taphead (10)
5. New Grass (10)
6. Runeii (10)

OVERALL RATING: 10

I cannot believe this. This is the band that started out as a "decent new wave" band and wound up with THIS? (This statement, of course, could be used by those who HATE this one, too!) Whether it be called experimental or progressive or progressive experimental or something completely different, it is a work that pinned me to it from the first few notes and kept me waiting for the next one. If I was to compare my "10" albums to date, I'd be tempted to make this #1, even considering the passion I have for "Freak Out" and "Child is the Father to Man", among others. I LOVE THIS ALBUM AND I'VE NEVER HEARD IT BEFORE.

ed.

ps. WOW!

pss. (THIS PARAGRAPH IS NO LONGER VALID, IN THAT I'M NO LONGER GUESSING. IT DOES, HOWEVER, SHOW MY EVOLUTION WITH IT.)

The amazing thing for me is that I'm undervaluing them, I'm sure, because I'm only listening to small pieces of rather complex songs. I'm stoked! We're into the SECOND of 897 albums and I've already discovered a potentially MINDBLOWING album by a group I remembered as an ok new wave pop group. I have their 2nd album as well as one of their retrospectives (Natural History) on cd. If I DO find out I have this one on tape, I surely left it collect dust because if I gave it a really good listen, I'd have remembered. The review on allmusic.com seems to agree with my initial impression but I won't know for sure until I get the album from the library.
(TENTATIVE ALBUM RATING: 8)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2008 10:04:21 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 23, 2010 1:23:18 PM PDT
Mark F. says:
Ed,

As for the new 500, a local radio station (94.7 The Globe) played their version of the 500 Best Rock Songs Ever over the Labor Day weekend. So, I'm reviewing those, noting in parentheses the ones that made the 897 and skipping the rating for those. I'm not sure how they determined it, but I don't think they had a listener vote (but I may be wrong).

As for the Talk Talk album, yeah, I was surprised by it--apparently the preceding album, released in 1988, was also experimental, but they disbanded after Laughing Stock. Certainly it's not something you can thoroughly digest in one listen (but then again, not much is). And all of the tracks can be heard in full at YouTube.

On to the countdown:

895. John Cougar Mellencamp--Scarecrow (1985) (0)

1. Rain on the Scarecrow (2)
2. Grandma's Theme (?) (1)
3. Small Town (2)
4. Minutes to Memories (?) (2)
5. Lonely Ol' Night (2)
6. The Face of the Nation (?) (3)
7. Justice and Independence '85 (?) (2)
8. Between a Laugh and a Tear (?) (2)
9. Rumbleseat (?) (2)
10. You've Got to Stand for Something (?) (2)
11. R.O.C.K. in the U.S.A. (A Salute to '60s Rock (7+)
12. The Kind of Fella I Am (?) (4)

REVIEW: Definitely represents Mellencamp's move away from his "Cougar" days and into the rootsier "statement" music he's known for today. The album spawned 5 top 40 hits (LON, ROCK, ROTS, ST, and Rumbleseat), with ROCK hitting #2. Musically, I'm not into it, except for R.O.C.K., and even that borrows heavily from Cherry Cherry (which probably borrowed from something earlier itself). I recognize it's a solid album with a lot to say, but because I dislike most of the music, I give it a 0.

894. Bush--Sixteen Stone (1994) (1)

1. Everything Zen (6)
2. Swim (?) (1)
3. Bomb (?) (2)
4. Little Things (2)
5. Comedown (5+)
6. Body (?) (2)
7. Machinehead (6)
8. Testosterone (?) (2)
9. Monkey (?) (3)
10. Glycerine (2)
11. Alien (?) (2)
12. X-Girlfriend (?) (2)

REVIEW: The album has a few songs I like, but even those that I do like have a kind of draggy, depressing feel to them (except for Machinehead). Overall, I give it a 1.

Mark

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2008 10:47:19 AM PDT
The jonquil says:
One of my favorite singles of all time is Ronnie Dyson's "If You Let Me Make Love to You( Why Can't I Touch You?)" on "The Best of Ronnie Dyson" album.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2008 3:52:11 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 10, 2008 4:06:55 PM PDT
Mark F. says:
Donald,

Thanks for the recommendation, and welcome to this discussion. I hope you'll add your thoughts and/or ratings for the albums.

Here's the next of the 500:

412. John Mellencamp--I Need a Lover (7+) (His first single, and a good one)
411. Led Zeppelin--Dancing Days (7+)

Mark

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2008 4:00:32 PM PDT
Val H. says:
Donald - thanks for letting me know that. I might have to check out a "Greatest Hits" compilation. I always thought he had a beautiful voice, and sadly died quite young.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2008 4:26:06 PM PDT
Mark F. says:
410. Bad Company--Rock Steady (1)

Mark

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2008 4:33:35 PM PDT
Val H. says:
I followed Ed and listened to the "Laughing Stock" clips on allmusic and agree with everything he said. Is this the same group I remember from the early 80s? Boy, did they mature! I loved what I heard and will definitely check out purchasing the album. Sounded very moody and introspective but still gorgeous. Like Ed, I'm pretty sure I would be giving it 8/10, but as I haven't heard it in its entirety and had never heard of it before today, I'll have to be honest and say:

0/10 (only because of unfamiliarity)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2008 8:55:15 PM PDT
Mark F. says:
Valerie,

That's the same situation I faced with that album--totally unfamiliar with the whole thing. The others have been much more familiar, though with the Mellencamp album there's a lot on there I don't like. I mildly like a few of the Bush tracks, and the Hair album has some very good songs surrounded by a lot of run-of-the-mill stuff.

409. Foreigner--Blue Morning Blue Day (4+) (speaking of run-of-the-mill....)

Mark

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2008 11:11:01 PM PDT
E. Dill says:
Mark:

In keeping with a long standing tradition of never passing up a list or a chance to evaluate something, I have one last question on your latest "best 500 songs". Are you eliminating ONLY those that were on the 897 list or also those that were on the RS 500 list, too. I'm trying NOT to reevaluate the same songs 3/4 times. For one thing, I don't want to wind up being so flighty that I give significantly different ratings to the same song 3 times (ok, that's NOT really a fear. Even if I did and I doubt it would be THAT different, it would be a mood thing).

On to Mellencamp and Bush.....

ed.

ps. Valerie, I read your initial response to Talk Talk's album with great interest. Evidently the one before that also showed their new found experimental nature. That one is NOT available thru my libraries, but a newer retrospective is which includes selections from their first 4 albums, the last one being the album before Laughing Stock.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2008 11:43:56 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 11, 2008 11:06:44 PM PDT
E. Dill says:
Mark:

RE: #895: SCARECROW - JOHN MELLENCAMP

1. Rain on the Scarecrow (10) I LOVE this song!) EDIT 1)
2. Grandma's Theme (7) EDIT 1)
3. Small Town (9) I always refer to this as the poor man's Bruce.
4. Minutes to Memories (8) EDIT 1)
5. Lonely Ol' Night (8)
6. The Face of the Nation (8) EDIT 2
7. Justice and Independence '85 (8) EDIT 2
8. Between a Laugh and a Tear (9)
9. Rumbleseat (8)
10. You've Got to Stand for Something (8)
11. R.O.C.K. in the U.S.A. (A Salute to '60s Rock (9)
12. The Kind of Fella I Am (9)

OVERALL: 8
Again, this is based solely on memory and clips. I will pull out the album today and listen thoroughly and make any necessary changes but I don't thing they'll be significant. With albums, I think it WILL be more than simply the collective points on individual songs. I think we DO connect to a person as well as their music. While listening to this album (ok, the clips), I was thinking less of Springsteen, who I usually think of when thinking of Mellencamp and, instead, kept thinking of Bob Segar. I'm not sure if such a comparison makes sense to anyone but me but they do have a kind of generic "kick a* rock n roll sound. My perception is that Seger's stuff quickly bores me and John's doesn't. Even though I'm cognizant of the fact that he DOES have a generic sound. Allmusic refers to this as a "definitive blue collar album" and I agree. He somehow embraces that heartland/middle america/blue collar sensibility without the overtly political conservative aspect that often comes with it everywhere EXCEPT rock n roll. Of course, as I remember, this was the stepping stone to my FAVORITE Mellencamp album, Lonesone Jubilee. There are surely some "10" songs in that one.

ed.

NOTE: Rather than use separate posts as my ratings evolve with the listening of the entire album, I decided to use edits until I reach my final conclusion, if possible. This is it for SCARECROW. I finally pulled my album and listened to it and was actually pleasantly surprised. I didn't think it would hold up so well after all these years. Maybe NOT listening to it a lot helped matters. It is, after all, not a ground breaking album.....one might argue a bit generic in its style. Still, John has a way of embracing middle America that I still find has a lot of charm for me. And, frankly, I was a bit surprised at how MUCH I enjoyed "Rain on the Scarcrow".
Based on my final ratings for each song, I guess I could have upped the album rating to a 9 but that wouldn't be accurate. I find the album listenable without reservation but the sameness of the style prevents me from raising it a notch into the truly special albums.

Again, for me, +++(10-8) are listenable without reservation; ++ (7-5) listenable with reservation + (4-2) listenable with some serious reservation and (1-0) not listenable.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2008 5:20:46 AM PDT
Val H. says:
895. John Cougar Mellencamp--Scarecrow (1985)

At least I own this album, so I pulled it out to get re-acquainted. My first thought was that it was a bit dated, it definitely sounds like an 80s album. However, the more I listened to it, the more I was drawn in. I think this is because it seems to be a very personal album to JM. And as Ed said, there's something about JM that renders him very likeable. He comes over as sincere and his songs seem heartfelt. I'm going to see him in November so hopefully he will bring some of those qualities with him.

7/10

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2008 7:23:31 AM PDT
E. Dill says:
Valerie:

I've mentioned this before (it seems like I've mentioned EVERYTHING before), but John is also an accomplished artist (ok, I say that as a non-artist myself who has only seem pictures of his paintings....I think he does mostly clowns) AND once directed and wrote and starred in a movie that I thought was highly underrated. I must look that up.

(He, of course, also had a heart attack some years back). My other connection to John is his ex-fiddle player, Lisa Germano, who has produced a rather impressive body of work as a solo artist mostly as a singer/songwriter (as opposed to a violin/fiddle player). I've seen her live twice (I WAS a bit smitten by her appearances in some of John's "Lonesome Jubilee"-era videos). The second appearance was troubling to me. She seemed to be so unassuming and "real" that she forgot to be an entertainer. It seemed like a concert for friends. She'd begin a song and then forget the words. She'd begin another and then stop and tell a story about her real life experiences. Instead of making me feel connected to her, it made me uncomfortable. It was a weird mix of introspection and exhibition. I found that I didn't like it. I still would buy her albums, though.

ed.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2008 7:36:34 AM PDT
E. Dill says:
Valerie:

The movie of John's was Falling from Grace. Ok, he only directed and starred in it. It was written by someone else. Here's a blurb on it:

Plot Synopsis by Mark Deming
"Rocker John Mellencamp both directed and starred in this drama about a well-known musician who returns to his old home town, opening a number of old wounds in the process. Bud Parks (Mellencamp) is a country-rock star who's feeling burned out after a long stretch on the road and heads back to his hometown in Indiana for some downtime with his family and old friends for the occasion of his father's birthday. But after arriving in Indiana with his wife, Alice (Mariel Hemingway), and daughter, Terri Jo (Melissa Ann Hackman), Bud gets a reminder that the Parks family is no more happy or stable than it has ever been. Bud's wealthy father, Speck (Claude Akins), is still a self-centered womanizer; Grandpa (Dub Taylor) is a foul and hateful man; and Bud's half-brother, Ramey (Larry Crane) - the result of one of Speck's many extramarital affairs - is much better adjusted than his full brother, Parker (Brent Huff), whose loyalty to Speck has turned him into a spiritless lackey. Parker also happens to be married to P.J. (Kay Lenz), who was Bud's girlfriend in high school, and as Alice sits on the sidelines attracting the unwanted attentions of Speck, Bud finds himself falling into an affair with P.J. As he faces his own guilt and the mixed emotions of his family and friends at his return, Bud realizes he's more like his father than he ever wanted to be. Novelist and screenwriter Larry McMurtry wrote Falling From Grace for Mellencamp, even spending time with the singer in Indiana to get a better feel for the locations; songwriter and Mellencamp collaborator John Prine also appears and contributes to the soundtrack."

I remember the movie as quite good and mostly John's work being very natural. He evidently made two other movie appearances in 2005. I wrote their names down but can't read my own writing.

ed.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2008 12:56:52 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 23, 2010 1:16:56 PM PDT
Mark F. says:
Ed,

Originally I thought I'd exclude both those from the 897 and the RS 500, but I decided it would suffice to just exclude the 897 (basically to make less work for myself in having to check only one list, not two :-)). And if there's any duplication, so be it--as you say, the ratings may be different but not THAT different.

OK, on to the next album, which is:

893. Leon Russell--Carney (1972) (3)

1. Tight Rope (8+)
2. Out in the Woods (?) (4+)
3. Me & Baby Jane (?) (2)
4. Manhattan Island Serenade (?) (3)
5. Cajun Love Song (?) (2)
6. Roller Derby (?) (2)
7. Carney (?) (2)
8. Acid Annapolis (?) (1)
9. If the Shoe Fits (?) (3)
10. My Cricket (?) (2)
11. This Masquerade (7) (I like the George Benson version)
12. Magic Mirror (?) (2)

REVIEW: Great couple of songs--Tight Rope and This Masquerade. Rest of the album sort of unremarkable. I give it a 3.

Mark

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2008 4:24:16 PM PDT
Val H. says:
Ed - thanks for the additional info on Mellencamp. I will try to track the movie down even if it sounds a bit of a downer. I noted that "Scarecrow" was dedicated to Speck Mellencamp (1903-1983) who I assume was John's grandfather. I find him always interesting and the participation of McMurtry and Prine are guaranteed to pique my interest even further. Thanks again.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2008 4:27:45 PM PDT
Val H. says:
894. Bush--Sixteen Stone (1994)

I don't own this and had to be reminded of the tracks on Youtube. While it's not the sort of thing I would choose to listen to very often, I still think it is a quality album and well executed. I think "Glycerine", "Machinehead" and "Comedown" hold up well. Their sound seems to be a precursor of many bands going round today - Creed, Nickelback, Hinder, etc.

6/10

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2008 4:43:28 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 23, 2010 1:25:57 PM PDT
Mark F. says:
Ed,

It'll probably appear on the list somewhere (Lonesome Jubilee).

892. Animal Collective--Sung Tongs (2004) (0)

1. Leaf House (?) (1)
2. Who Could Win a Rabbit (?) (1)
3. The Softest Voice (?) (1)
4. Winter's Love (?) (1)
5. Kids on Holiday (?) (1)
6. Sweet Road (?) (1)
7. Visiting Friends (?) (1+)
8. College (?) (1)
9. We Tigers (?) (1)
10. Mouth Wooed Her (?) (1)
11. Good Lovin' Outside (?) (2)
12. Whaddit I Done (?) (1)

REVIEW: Absolutely unlistenable to me. Not my type of music. I give it a 0.

Looks like 891 didn't post. Here it is again.

891. Lyle Lovett--Live in Texas (1999) (N/R)

1. Penguins (?) (2)
2. I've Been to Memphis (?) (4)
3. That's Right (You're Not from Texas) (?) (5)
4. Nobody Knows Me (?) (2)
5. If I Had a Boat (?) (2)
6. North Dakota (?) (2)
7. She's No Lady (?) (4+)
8. Here I Am (?) (2)
9. What Do You Do? (?) (2)
10. Wild Women Don't Get the Blues (?) (5)
11. M-O-N-E-Y (?) (4)
12. You Can't Resist It (?) (2+)
13. Church (?) (6)
14. Closing Time (?) (2)

REVIEW: I've always had high expectations for Lyle Lovett--so many of his songs sound so good with that mix of blues and Texas swing--but to date I've yet to find one song I can say I really like. It's enjoyable to listen to, but nothing ever stays with me--I'd be hard-pressed to name any of his songs, even after having seen him in concert a few years ago.

Mark

Mark

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2008 7:58:29 PM PDT
Mark F. says:
Valerie,

I saw him briefly (came in as he was finishing up his set at a Rock the Vote festival) and he sounded good. I agree with you about the album, even though there's only one song I like.

408. Pretenders--Brass in Pocket (9) (thought this made the 897 but it didn't)

Mark

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2008 8:31:11 PM PDT
Mark F. says:
Ed,

Have you heard Larry McMurtry's son, James? Pretty good.

407. Boston--Let Me Take You Home Tonight (7)

Mark

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2008 8:52:46 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Feb 13, 2009 12:06:42 PM PST
Mark F. says:
Valerie,

Good analysis--didn't think of their influence on Creed and Nickelback. Not sure who Hinder is.

406. Lynyrd Skynyrd--Don't Ask Me No Questions (1)

Mark
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 156 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Pop forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Pop forum
Participants:  100
Total posts:  3882
Initial post:  Sep 9, 2008
Latest post:  May 17, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 16 customers

Search Customer Discussions