mac says:
Song From The Bottom Of A Well - Kevin Ayers
Hamburger Lady - Throbbing Gristle

Two creepy, yucky and nasty songs.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 11:16:09 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2012 11:47:16 PM PST
doodah man says:
Wedding March (Felix Mendelssohn)
Something about it just makes me want to run for the hills.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 12:51:46 PM PST
Bill Mobley says:
"Big Rock Candy Mountain." This song is weird.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 2:13:21 PM PST
that video creeps me out too. lol

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 9:15:27 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 9:32:46 PM PST
I don't know why it is but the Eagles "Hotel California" always creeps me out. Maybe because of the dark personna and lyrics. I like the song but I just sense evil from from it. It's hard to explain.

I get creeped out by Genesis "Mama" because when Phil Collins laughs, it reminds me of Linda Blaire in the "Exorcist" for some reason.

As for music videos, Herbie Hancock's "Rockit" used to always creep me out. Especially when I saw it at night. Something about those robotic mannequins Call me weird

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 9:34:33 PM PST
Madonna's " bedtime story" and "nothing really matters" both are creepy mainly because of their music videos

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 10:31:49 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 10:32:46 PM PST
Lone Wolf says:
Scariest song of all time is w/out a doubt....

FRIDAY! FRIDAY! by Rebecca Black

I still get the chills when I hear it, even to this day.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 5:57:07 AM PST
That Rebecca black song is something you'd hear in an insane asylum. Very creepy and just plain bad!

Posted on May 13, 2014 6:50:46 PM PDT
J. J. Martin says:
Sink or Swim by Skafish

Posted on May 18, 2014 10:06:27 PM PDT
E. Dill says:
I thought I'd once posted this somewhere but evidently not here....so here goes...

The Swans - Failure
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_X0bikvukY

And I, I've been lonely
And I, I've been blind
And I, I've learned nothing
So my hands are firmly tied
To the sinking leadweight
of failure

I've worked hard all my life
Money slips through my hands
My face in the mirror tells me
It's no surprise that I am
Pushing the stone up the hill
of failure

They tempt me with violence
They punish me with ideals
And they crush me with an image
Of my life that's nothing but unreal
Except on the goddamned slaveship
of failure

I'll drown here trying
To get up for some air
But each time I think I breathe
I'm laid on with a double share
Of the punishing burden
of failure

I don't deserve to be down here
But I'll never leave
And I, I've learned one thing
You can't escape the beast
In the null and void pit
of failure

When I get my hands on some money
I'll kiss its green skin
And I'll ask its dirty face
"Where the hell have you been?"
"I am the fuel that fires the engines
of failure."

I'll be old and broken down
I'll forget who and where I am
I'll be senile or forgotten
But I'll remember and understand
You can bank your hard-earned money
on failure

I saw my father crying
I saw my mother break her hand
On a wall that wouldn't weep
But that certainly held in
The mechanical moans of a dying man
Who was a failure

My back hurts me when I bend
Because I carry a load
And my brain hurts like a knife-hole
Because I've yet to be shown
How to pull myself out from
The sucking quicksand
of failure

Some people lie in hell
Many bastards succeed
But I, I've learned nothing
I can't even elegantly bleed
Out the poison blood
of failure

Ed

Posted on Jul 1, 2014 11:29:42 PM PDT
Careful with that Axe Eugene-Pink Floyd-play this song while on the drug of your choice and wait for the part when the screaming by Waters enters the song. Scary Stuff

Posted on Jul 2, 2014 7:49:04 PM PDT
BrkfstClub72 says:
Just found this thread, but in case anyone's still following it:

"They're Coming to Take Me Away, Ha-Haa!" was by Napoleon XIV. He was actually Jerry Samuels, a writer for the Smothers Brothers' show (or maybe LAUGH-IN, I forget).

The lyric in "California Dreamin'" is actually, "I PRETEND to pray."

Paul Anka's "Diana" was about an older girl he went to high school with.

The final say on the "death scream" in "Love Rollercoaster" can be found here:
http://www.snopes.com/music/hidden/roller.asp

I'm surprised no one has mentioned "Years Ago," by Alice Cooper. Way creepier than "Dead Babies" or anything else he's recorded. There's a bit about two minutes in where the music slows and softens, and there's this babbling voice in the background -- always gave me shivers.

Posted on Mar 17, 2015 8:33:41 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 17, 2015 8:35:39 PM PDT
* "The Wizard" (Black Sabbath)--can't explain exactly why it makes my skin crawl. I never listen to it with the lights out!
* "The Legend Of Wooley Swamp" (The Charlie Daniels Band)--a good, creepy story song, great to listen to around Halloween! :)

And to me, the creepiest of them all:

*"Little Children" (Billy J. Kramer & The Dakotas)--perfectly innocent, I'm sure, about a guy who catches his girlfriend's younger sibling watching he and the girl kiss. But the lyrics, especially the first verse, sound just. . .icky and wrong!

"Little children, you better not tell on me
I'm tellin' you, little children, you better not tell what you see
And if you're good, I'll give you candy and a quarter
If you're quiet like you oughta be
and keep a secret with me."
(from MetroLyrics.com)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 6, 2015 5:26:54 PM PDT
the intrumental that you're referring to on Piper is called "Pow R Toc H". "Flaming" has lyrics to it.

Posted on Apr 7, 2015 3:25:41 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 7, 2015 5:06:13 PM PDT
If to feel creeped out means to feel disturbed, I guess Jimmy Webb's MacArthur Park fits the bill. For some reason inexplicable to me the part of the song that talks about leaving a cake out in the rain makes me picture some sort of a Norman Bates(esque) character standing right there in the rain beside the cake watching it disintegrate. I mean, the song as much as scares me to death. Know what I mean? And listening to the great actor Richard Harris sing the song only compounds my feelings of horror and terror. Ok, I have exaggerated the part about it scaring me to death; nevertheless, the song does on some level make me feel very uncomfortable.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2015 3:12:21 PM PDT
Hipgnosis says:
More trivia about "My Boy Lollipop"; The harmonica solo is by Rod Stewart!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2015 3:19:05 PM PDT
Hipgnosis says:
It's been said that Coil's version was intended to be a dirge for the victims of AIDS during that period.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2015 3:25:55 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 20, 2015 3:30:13 PM PDT]

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 3:26:48 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 21, 2015 3:28:51 PM PDT
tmoore says:
Mind Games -- by association -- I woke up at 5:55 AM on Monday Dec. 9, 1980 and this was playing on the radio. First time I had ever heard it. At 5:59 AM the DJ said it was by the "late great John Lennon", and at 6:00 the newscast came on and I heard all the details (I was asleep when the news broke the night before - I was in the same time zone as NYC, where it happened).

So, for me, that song is indelibly tied to that moment in time, and hearing it is not a good thing.

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 12:07:51 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 15, 2015 11:13:42 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2015 2:39:51 PM PDT
Helter Skelter gets a bad rap because the insane Charlie Manson totally misinterprets the song thinking it is about some kind of hateful race war. Heller Skelter is actually a famous old amusement park ride England where on a sort of sprial slide you go back from top to the bottom till I see you again....as I paraphrase the songs lyrics. The only thing strange is the cacophony of loud crashing discordant guitars and music which Paul experimenting with at the time and sort of goes with the ride aspect. If you google it you can see a picture of the cool looking real ride the song is based on. Screw Charlie Manson! Don't let him and the movie ruin what is a great song!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2015 9:09:16 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 26, 2015 9:02:42 AM PDT
tmoore says:
EDITED --- In the early '80s, I read the the Helter Skelter book and read all the details of how he interpreted that song (and several others, one of which was Piggies). After I read that book and really digested what was in there, I never thought about it again.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2015 11:35:16 PM PDT
I was watching Monday Night Football with my Dad when they broke into the broadcast with the sad news about John Lennon.
Mind Games had been a song I had loved way before John was killed so fortunately it is not marred by that association for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2015 2:50:46 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 26, 2015 3:28:37 AM PDT
Hipgnosis says:
tmoore: With all due respect, no..."Revolution", with the exception of it's title, was never associated in any way with the Manson murders (the song, does indeed call for a cultural/social/political revolution, although not by a specific group, but amongst the general public). But, another song that was relevant is "Blackbird", Manson interpreted it as a call for Black people to rise up against their oppressors. And, interestingly enough, all of these songs were from "The Beatles" album, better known as "The White Album"

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2015 9:01:55 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 26, 2015 9:56:24 AM PDT
tmoore says:
Hipgnosis --- it's been 35 years since I read the book, and although I took copious notes (with pen and paper) at the time, I no longer have them -- I decided after a couple years that those notes were not something I wanted to keep.

I can tell you I did remember there was another song involved, but couldn't remember exactly which one. Your comments about Blackbird are indeed ringing a bell in my memory -- and I am now remembering that the gibberish between Blackbird and Piggies had some significance to Manson as well.

I'm still not convinced I'm misremembering about Revolution, but as I no longer have my notes, and as the book was a library book, I can't verify with that. I suppose the info is online somewhere, but I'd rather go back to the book.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Thank you for your support of Amazon Discussion Forums. Due to the changing needs of Amazon Forums, we have decided to stop supporting the ‘Active discussions in related forums’ feature in order to focus on providing the most value for our customers.  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Pop forum
Participants:  242
Total posts:  408
Initial post:  Mar 30, 2007
Latest post:  15 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 22 customers

Search Customer Discussions