Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Pop forum

Yardbirds or Deep Purple Mk 1: who created better music?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 23, 2013 1:42:52 PM PST
The Yardbirds were an underrated pop-rock guitar driven band that happened to have Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page in the lead guitar position. They started as a blues cover band eventually becoming more psychedelic rock releasing several albums that concentrated more on singles than complete albums. Deep Purple Mk 1 were a pop-rock-progressive band with great musicians all around. They covered many songs but also wrote lots of great though underrated material. Was Rod Evans a better singer than Keith Relf? Was Ritchie Blackmore a better guitarist than Clapton-Beck-Page? Did Purple make better songs and albums than the Yardbirds? Which band created better music that you still listen to today?

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 10:12:35 AM PST
I have the album Deep Purple and the only good song is April.
Other wise, besides Hush, I have never heard anything before the Albert Hall.

I have also never heard an entire Yardbirds album either. But hearing the singles, I would have to say Yardbirds.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2013 10:15:02 AM PST
Oh, there was Kentucky Woman, but she was just okay.

Posted on May 11, 2013 12:53:06 AM PDT
Give Deep Purples first 3 albums a listen to. The mk 1 lineup before you make up your mind. U might surprise urself
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Pop forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Create Your Own Music Quiz At SoundUnwound!
3 Aug 29, 2014
Name 10 Song Titles Part 4 939 2 days ago
Anita Ward Returns To Celebrate Pride 2016 With Empowering Dance Anthem 0 16 days ago
Zaena Morisho Releases Smash Singles 'BS' & 'What Do U Want' 0 17 days ago
Has the soft rock radio stations changed the variety of music? 26 18 days ago
Favorite radio station growing up and why 93 18 days ago
"Looking for a Kiss" cover version of Lou Reed's "Vanishing Act" 0 21 days ago
Alicia G Hot New Single Ca$h & Nap 0 25 days ago
"An Arrow, Two Hearts" 20 Jun 18, 2016
Marcel Alexander Debuts Official 'Lay Up' Music Video 0 Jun 15, 2016
Rachel Espendez Releases Her Spin On Shawn Mendes' Pop Hit Song "Stitches" 0 Jun 4, 2016
Corey Andrew's First Solo Dance Single Lifts "Everybody Up!" 0 May 29, 2016

This discussion

Discussion in:  Pop forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Feb 23, 2013
Latest post:  May 11, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions