Customer Discussions > Pop forum

New Pop, R&B, Jazz by Randy Hall, Co-arranger with Miles Davis

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 17, 2010 6:03:31 AM PDT
This Season's Collection
These five songs are the first of a physical album that we intend to release later this year. They include R&B, Pop, and Jazz. Here is a background summary:

Miles Davis' daughter Cheryl Davis wrote the lyrics for "Only With You," "Why Not," and "Our World." Miles Davis co-arranger Randy Hall wrote the other lyrics and the music for all of the songs, he played piano and guitar, and produced the tracks, recruiting others for saxophone, trumpet, and drums. For the Gold Miles Davis album The Man With The Horn, Randy did vocals (quite rare with Miles Davis), co-arranged the music, and played the guitar, synthesizer, and celesta for the title song as well as other contributions to the album, and Randy did other work for Miles Davis. Like his colleagues also mentored by Miles Davis, such as Quincy Jones and Herbie Hancock, Randy, who is much younger and grew up around the Davis family, should eventually achieve the same stature. My father, Dr. Elliott C. Small, Sr., was Miles' father's close friend and classmate at Northwestern University Dental School. However, ny father started his family decades later than Dr. Davis. I was not in touch with the Davis family until after Miles Davis had passed away.

As a vocalist, I was quite honored when Randy asked me to collaborate on a CD project. I am a Harvard College graduate in biochemical sciences and owner the electric car company, Potential Difference, Inc. The company has built one of the nation's most advanced all electric demo cars and has patented rapid battery charging technology that has received funding for development.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Pop forum
Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  Mar 17, 2010
Latest post:  Mar 17, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions