100 Sci-Fi & Fantasy Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Beauty Videos Introducing Handmade New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer redoaks redoaks redoaks  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM Toys & Games
Customer Discussions > Pop forum

For Our King Of Pop -- In Memorial

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 53 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 24, 2010 3:00:26 PM PDT
YANA Girl says:
Well soon it will be one year since Michael Jackson passed. Here MJ is a heartfelt article written just for you.

"Michael Jackson fans are a strange breed. One would be hard pressed to find another fan community whose object of admiration is the subject of so much unjust condemnation and distortion. Over time, Michael Jackson enthusiasts have watched the media attempting to undermine his global popularity and idolization by constant misrepresentations and falsifications.

Through it all, true Michael Jackson fans have not abandoned him. If anything, the harder Michael's opponents have tried to shove him into the depths, the harder his devotees have loved him and his courage in the midst of it all. Michael's continued endurance is a lesson in strength and resilience in the face of adversity and uncertainty. Michael's fans have learned well his lesson as they steadfastly brave the almost daily emotional roller coaster ride that is part of the experience of every Jackson supporter. They marvel at his seemingly inexhaustible courage and talents and applaud his victories. They laugh with him in his happiness, weep with him in his sorrow and pray for him in troubled times. Their hearts are warmed when he is embraced and bleed when he is ill-treated.

Throughout the stratospheric highs and seemingly cavernous lows that come with being a Michael Jackson fan, they remain loyal. They, like Michael, refuse to allow naysayers to steal their joy, obstruct their way or shape their opinions. They, like Michael, refuse to have their destiny defined or dictated by another. They also refuse to stand idly by as others attempt to deny Michael his rightfully earned legacy. Simply, Michael Jackson's fans are just like Michael in that they will not be deterred.

Because of their loyalty, Michael's fans are constantly summoned to put on full armor, stand on the front lines and fight. Oftentimes with their pen as their sword, they fight alongside and for Michael's right of humanity. By so doing, they fight for tolerance over prejudice, unconditional love over criticism; wisdom over ignorance and justice over inequality - not only for Michael, but for themselves as well. The battles are never-ending, hard-fought and often emotionally and physically exhausting. Still, rather than surrender or reconcile, Michael's fans resist and persist. They resist the attempts to persuade them to abandon Michael and all that he stands for. They forsake the notion that theirs is a lost cause. They refuse to renounce their support of Michael.

When the going gets tough, they press on. They share Michael's tribulations and the attacks to which he is subjected. They press on despite media's mockery and attempts to from dissuade them from their fight for Michael Jackson, a man most media and some others claim is undeserving of adoration.

Hazrat Inayat Khan once said, "God breaks the heart again and again until it stays open". Michael's devotees can see him as living proof of this, as he appears to be the embodiment of Khan's concept. His own heart has been broken much and his fans personally feel the pain of each break. By the grace of God, Michael's heart does not become hardened as a result of its frequent fractures. On the contrar his shattered heart allows for its tenderness and openness. Since out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks, Michael's fans are able to truly see the fullness of his heart when they listen to him express his longing for love and peace, fairness, acceptance, justice, understanding and positivism through song and speech.

As their efforts to break Jackson himself have continually proven unsuccessful, some Michael Jackson opponents have turned their focus on attacking his defenders. Time after time, the press uses condescending, defamatory terms to describe Michael's fans. Being referred to as "delusional" and "*****" has become an everyday occurrence for Jackson's supporters. However, Michael's devotees choose to ignore the media's juvenile name-calling and taglines. The fans refuse to allow the press's name-callings and taglines to affect or dissuade them. This is because Michael Jackson fans know that such name-calling and taglines are false and do not depict their true nature as intelligent, grounded individuals with a healthy admiration for Michael's vision, courage, and phenomenal talent and humanitarianism.

Michael Jackson's influence is truly global and thus so is his fan base. His detractors try to give the false impression that his fan base is minuscule as well as one-dimensional. Actually, Michael Jackson enthusiasts are nothing if not vast and multi-dimensional. They can be found on every continent, in every country worldwide. Michael's fans transcend racial, age and socioeconomic boundaries. The fact that Michael's fans are so diverse adds to their beauty.

Few entertainers, if any, can lay claim to having the dynamic and varied fan base of which Michael Jackson can boast. If it is true our lives are open books for others to read, then the fans' study of Michael Jackson has taught them more than they ever could have imagined they would learn about life, love and survival.

Michael Jackson is a living testament to the belief that whatever one dreams and desires for his or her life can be achieved. Michael lives by the mantra that love should have no limitations or conditions. Michael has shown that it is possible to not only stay alive, but to thrive with grace and fortitude despite adversity. By his own life Michael Jackson has taught his fans what it is to dream without fear, to create without boundaries, to listen without prejudice and to love without judgment.

Simply, Michael Jackson and his fans are a hard act to outshine.

Their loyalty, enthusiasm, intelligence and genuine adoration is unparalleled by other artists' fan communities. However, for all their love and loyalty, Michael Jackson's admiring fans will always be bested in one respect, for try as they might, no matter to what infinite degree they say and believe they love Michael Jackson, the King of Pop in true regal fashion, will always say and prove he loves them more ... "

Posted on Jun 25, 2010 3:14:59 PM PDT
YANA Girl says:

Posted on Jun 25, 2010 3:18:21 PM PDT
Sounds to me like Michael is now a religion, and to me religious fanaticism is dangerous.

Posted on Jun 25, 2010 4:55:42 PM PDT
Tigerlilly says:
Christianity may be just that, a Religion.

For me Michael is Love.
This is all I need, and all I have to give.

Forever Michael!

Posted on Jun 25, 2010 5:08:07 PM PDT
Rest In Peace MJ!!--Your musical legacy will live on forever!

Posted on Jun 27, 2010 7:34:44 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 27, 2010 7:57:54 AM PDT
E. Dill says:

Yes, it IS a religion to some and, as you will notice Michael is often mentioned in the present as if he still "lives", not only in the heart or the memory but in reality.....their reality.

Often, during Michael's struggles with reality in discussing/defending his own behavior, I found a parallel between him and the Catholic Church. Why? Because both had developed a following that allowed them to develop a skewed sense of "love" together with an excuse for inexcusable behavior. For decades, whispers were present among Catholics and non-Cathoics alike relating to priests and their behavior with young children - more specificially, young boys. At that time, the media seldom gave such rumors any credence. After all, how do you take on the Catholic Church and not be deemed a heretic or worse yet, a non-Christian. Eventually, the entire "dirty secret" of the church came bubbling to the surface and as many facts have became known to the masses, there are STILL millions of Catholics who either dismiss it as hatred against their Church or, somehow, excusable behavior in the face of their beloved priests' devotion to their own unnatural need to remain "celebate" and their unrequited sense of "love of their brother" which simple got misapplied. People who are devoted can excuse anything in the name of their version of love.

Comparitively speaking, Michael's crimes are small compared to the Church, so whenever his "sins" are discussed, I try to put it in perspective. There have been thousands (hundreds of thousands?) of young boys (and surely a few young girls) who've been abused, over the decades, by Catholic priests while doing "Gods work". There have also been millions of dollars paid out to such victims to keep them quiet and supposedly "help them cope with their abuse". Who can guess how many children Michael affected in that way during his infamous "sleepovers".

Frankly, I haven't yet seen documented evidence that Catholics KNOWINGLY allowed their sons to be placed in harms way with priests as a way to make money. There have been such allegations with a few of Michael's alleged victims. What is still suprising to me is how readily Michael's devotees are willing to dismiss charges of sexual abuse BECAUSE the victim's parents may have been guilty themselves, if only of using Michael's weaknesses to obtain a "payoff". Or, oddly, to use Michael's actions with respect to sick children as a way to "even out" his criminal behavior. It almost seems as if they are saying, "Michael gave millions to help children and whatever he did to a few of them should be excused when measuring what he did as a whole". I mean, the Catholic Church, no doubt, has done wonderous things for people throughout the world and none of it excuses the sickness of their priests and the sickness of those bishops, cardinals and perhaps even Popes who knew or should have known and did nothing except order/accept the payoffs to keep the actions quiet.

Michael, very early on, showed an immense talent, especially with dance. As he grew older, his behavior became more and more eccentric which seemed to make a certain element of his audience (mostly female) more and more devoted to him. He was the incarnation of Peter Pan, a boy/man who, even when he sang/acted out a song like "Bad" or grabbed his crotch like the rapper, was asexual and his reputation among those devotees went way beyond the music he made which amounted to good commerical dance/pop music. (Personally, in retrospect, I think a good album of the Jackson 5's hits trumps anything he did as an "adult".)

Yes, Jackson's story has trumped Elvis'. I mean, there's every reason to believe that Elvis had a sexual relationship with his wife-to-be while she was a young teenager in Germany, with the KNOWLEDGE of her officer father! Looking back at rock's legacy, only Jerry Lee Lewis and Chuck Berry seemed to suffer any for their sexual pecadilloes. Gary Glitter was a piece of work but his fan base was never that wide to begin with. R. Kelly has been to court a few times for videotaping his "contact" with underage girls but he's still free to find more companionship.

When I think of Michael, I think of the dangers of early stardom and how it skews the recipients view of the world around them. How many young stars in Hollywood grew up as head cases? Can anyone say Lindsay Lohen?

To those Michael devotees, I say carry on. If you need someone/something to worship, perhaps worshipping the memory of a pretty good pop/dance singer/dancer is no more harmful to your view of today's world than being devoted to a rich Church that, for 50 years or more, tried to pay people for their silence in the midst of a pattern of child abuse and didn't even take the simplest precautions to protect other children against a repeat of such offenses. Michael's "sleepovers" seem to shrink in scope compared to that.

Posted on Jun 27, 2010 7:41:17 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 14, 2015 3:28:42 AM PDT]

Posted on Jun 27, 2010 8:16:44 AM PDT
YANA Girl says:
For those of you who believe MJ was a pedophile, you could not be more WRONG. There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that MJ molested any children. However, there is evidence all over the place that he was extorted for money and that he was the real victim. Being accused does not equal guilty. Anybody can be accused of wrong doing but it does not necessarily make it so. Do you homework before you judge a person. Loving children does not equal molesting them. Michael Jackson would not hurt a child or anyone else and anyone who thinks otherwise does not know a single thing about him. You are basing your opinions soley on what the media feeds you, speculation and assumption without knowing any of the real facts. Those of us who admire MJ, we KNOW the evidence and we know the facts.

Just because the catholic church is guilty of covering up the priests crimes does not mean it is the same in this case. Comparing the situations is ridiculous, you have to look at the situations separately.

Posted on Jun 27, 2010 9:16:16 AM PDT
Yana -

Since you didn't personally know MJ, or, I don't believe, anyone close to MJ your information is also coming from the media. There also seem to be several instances (Dr. Murray, LMP and even Janet, and many more) who did have close contact with the man and when they say something you and your fellow friends in the MJ forum don't care for it's obviously more lies, innuendo and greed. It seems that if anyone says something contrary to the all the rigid beliefs you have concerning this man they are often met with derision and are usually considered lies.

"Those of us who admire MJ, we KNOW the evidence and we know the facts." No you don't, you know which media and people you choose to believe.

For what it is worth I will say again - I don't think MJ in any way abused children. I think he was a gifted entertainer, but not what he is being made out to be by many. A man with problems physical, and psychological.

Yana - a hypothetical for you,
If Dr. Murray is found innocent of the charges against him will you be defending him against the almost certain onslaught of MJ fans in the same way you have defended MJ and the charges brought on him?

Posted on Jun 27, 2010 10:34:28 AM PDT
YANA Girl says:
spottymuldoon: Actually I do agree with you that Michael was NOT guilty. I also know that MJ was not a perfect human being. He had his problems physically and mentally. Most of it was brought on by the slander of the media and being in the public eye so much that he rarely had privacy. I also do know that Michael had flaws and am aware of what they are. However, I do not believe that any of it would include molesting children.

I would not defend Dr. Murray if he was acquitted in the same way as I do Michael although I most certainly would not be one of those fans who want to see him lynched. I do think that the dr was guilty of total disregard for human life. I know that some think he should have been charged with 2nd degree murder it doesn't seem possible to prove that it was done deliberately. I am trying to remain realistic in the situation and I am inclined to believe that he may not be convicted of anything.

Posted on Jun 27, 2010 11:08:33 AM PDT
Mr. Jumps says:
x x Thats how Michaels eyes looked when using the most potent anesthetic to try and sleep.
He employed that pathetic doctor to provide him with "medications".
The stupid doctor doesnt even have the proper reversal agent in the house in the event
of an overdose. Why not use more traditional sleep medications instead of the dangerous
anesthetic? Unless withdrawal symptoms from use of other narcotics robbed you of your sleep
and made you climb the walls at night.

Posted on Jun 27, 2010 2:43:39 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 27, 2010 2:54:19 PM PDT
E. Dill says:
It is obvious that I cannot prove Michael's guilt anymore than anyone can prove his innocence. Admittedly, our justice system does not require (and should not require) anyone to PROVE their innocence. So, obviously, Michael is innocent, legally, of any charge of molestation.

Early on, I had the notion that he WAS guilty of behavior that would constitute molestation of a minor but, being who I am, did not believe he was guilty of the heavy duty kind (oral or anal insertion) but rather a kind of misguided sex play that children sometimes engage in, Michael being a middle aged child. I say the kind of person I am because many adults in this culture do NOT believe there are gradations of sexual activity between adults and minors. I do, just like their are legal gradations of causing someone's death.(1st degree murder, 2nd degree murder, manslaughter, etc.) But after reading one of the complaints from one of the boys who claimed such molestation, I became more and more convinced Michael was probably engaged in activity that was more than "childs play". I also think it is entirely possible that Michael himself believed he was NOT molesting children, in that what he was doing and why he was doing it was NOT out of sexual misconduct but out of love. That, of course, would only be significant legally if it meant he didn't know right from wrong.

I guess I'll end this by suggesting what I've suggested before......to all those in the Michael camp who believe he was completely innocent and even led to his grave by those that lied about him or, like me, speculated about him.

Let's say you live in a quite neighborhood in the heart of America. Let's say you have 2 or 3 children, including a 5 year old boy. Let's say there's a somewhat odd looking man who lives down the street who is around 40-45 and his appearance keeps changing to the point that he looks little like he looked when he grew up here as a young boy. Let's say his skin has gotten lighter (he WAS black), his nose may or may not exist, and he keeps a small collection of animals (all that local laws will allow) in his backyard, including a chimp that lives in his house. Let's say he made references to Peter Pan as if he WAS him. Let's say he seems quite friendly with all the youngsters in the neighborhood, including the little boys. Now, let's say he asks you if your young son can spend the night at his house. If, by some weird chance, you say "yes", let's say he keeps asking. Let's say that by the 2nd or 3rd "overnighter", you discover that your son actually "slept with" the man. (Who knows where the chimp was).

What would YOU think? No fame, no fortune, no publicity (good or bad), no music to embrace and discuss......just this odd guy who's 45 years old and has a love of sleeping with little boys because he just loves children and has a big heart of gold and seems charitable with others, etc. etc. etc..

Yeah, I know. It's possible. And I'm sure most of Michael's disciples would have said yes to their son going over for those "sleep overs"....

Posted on Jun 27, 2010 3:05:33 PM PDT
Alias says:
The King of Pop is dead???? That's just a rumor from back in the '60s. Paul McCartney is actually doing pretty well. In fact, he's out on tour right now....

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2010 3:18:23 PM PDT
E. Dill says:

<<Your musical legacy will live forever!"

And what IS that legacy again?

Michael sold a ton of records, especially immediately after the release of Thriller. The album was well received by a lot of critics, including some rock critics.

Michael will wind up another Elvis. As time goes by, Elvis' musical "cred" has diminished. Why? Because he didn't write music or even play that much. Because he never quite "came back" after his stint in the Army because a lot of his music became part of his legacy of making lightweight movies. Elvis' artistic legacy is mostly found in his Sun Records work which defined that voice of his and the beginnings of rock n roll. So Elvis WAS an exceptionally important vocal stylist. Give Sam Phillips some credit, too.

Michael began as one of those child stars, like Donnie Osmond, etc. He made some good pop/rock with Motown as part of the Jackson 5. As part of his breakthrough as a solo artist, he grew up (kind of) and made two rather slick pop/dance albums, Off the Wall and Thriller and with Thriller, became an icon. Part of the credit goes to Quincy Jones and part to that Motown celebration on tv where we first saw Michael, grown up, doing the moonwalk for the first time. The timing was perfect for his popularity and it grew exponentially. I'm not sure how to prove this, but I suspect that since those heady times, Michael's importance has a musical force has dropped considerably. Even Thriller, I'm sure, is no where thought of as the album it once was. (I'm not talking current sales here but historical assessment).

Unfortunately, Michael's legacy will, first and foremost, be his oddness, his guilt or innocence of molestation charges, his being the first black (ok, semi-black) artist to appear, in video on MTV (which was, at the time, a BIG breakthrough), his style (the glove, high water pants, moonwalk, etc.) and two songs, "Beat It" and "Billy Jean". My guess is that in 15-20 years, Michael will be less important, musically, than even Elvis who always was larger than his music.

I wonder who DID have the greater impact on the music....Jackson's Quincy Jones or the Beatles' George Martin. As much as Martin brought to the table in facilitating their growth by his technical knowledge of recording possibilities, I'm guessing Quincy's influence on those two watershed albums of Michael's, "Off the Wall" and "Thriller" trumps George's.

Posted on Jun 27, 2010 3:23:02 PM PDT
YANA Girl says:
E. Bill, I get your point but if you want to make the sinerio exactly like that MJ you have to add that the first parent sued him rather than taking him to court. If this man down the block was in the same situation as MJ but was poor, there wouldn't be anything to get by suing him so it would be pointless. Evan Chandler only went after MJ AFTER he refused to finance a home or a movie deal for him. If he was poor, there would still be no money for him to go after. As for the 2nd case in order to make the sinerio fit, you have to have the same situation. If in court it came out that the supposed molestation took place when the man was out of town, he would have been acquitted too. Plus if you had many other young kids saying that he never touched them, it would be impossible to believe the child in question.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2010 3:34:25 PM PDT
E. Dill says:

If I were a fan of Michael's AND a student of musical history, I wouldn't be so keen on Jackson's use of that label. Firstly, it is somewhat unseemly to give yourself a title like that and then demand it be used in introductions. (It is possible that Diana Ross first used it but Jackson surely embraced it).

But, way back in the 30's (?), a band leader by the name of Paul Whiteman (sp?) was given (by whom?) the title of "King of Jazz". That was tantamount to giving Neil Sedaka the title "King of Hip". It was an embrassment to jazz AND to Paul himself. (Whiteman, NOT McCartney).....

I've always thought it funny that people who HATE the term "pop" and will argue emphatically that none of their favorites ARE or EVER WERE pop, will give Michael his kingdom of "it" and consider it the ultimate honor.

I happen to love "pop" but seldom think of Michael thusly. I think of it as a mix of dance/pop and r&b. By the time Thriller was over, Michael had developed a bunch of vocal and dance "quirks" that led to him becoming one of the most prolific self-plagerizers ever. He kept doing the same "hiccups" and the same moves over and over and over again. His dancing was more varied when he was with the Jackson 5.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2010 3:51:48 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 27, 2010 3:55:14 PM PDT
E. Dill says:
Yana Girl -

I will give you that you know the details of the alleged victims better than I do. I'm not sure I get your point.

It's nice to believe that justice is more important than money. All those great movies tell us that. The poor slob who was f-ed over has a chance to settle a case for a million dollars and says "no", I want my day in court.....the truth shall prevail....who needs money. Yeah, I believe all people of average to less than average income would make that choice.

OJ was tried and found innocent. In a civil trial, he was found guilty. Why? One reason may have been that in a civil trial, the burden is not "reasonable doubt". What does that mean anyway? If I find any reasonable doubt to the persons guilt, he's innocent. The mere fact that they found a police investigator who'd handled about 10% of the evidence that they had against OJ and had used the "N" word a few times in his lifetime, tainted the case for more than a few of the jurors. But the murky "reasonable doubt" is not in play in a civil trial. If I was a victim, I'd want the perp to pay, one way or another.

I wonder how hard it is for a young kid or an older victim to admit, in public, that he was fondled or something much worse? For really young kids, they can show them dolls and have then point at parts of the doll's anatomy. When they are older, it's not that easy. So, the fact that a bunch of kids who "slept over" said they were never touched means either they were never touched or they were too embarrassed to say anything or were ALSO paid to shutup. Again, the fact that someone (an adult) uses the molestation as a means to line their pockets does NOT absolve the crime. Hopefully, that IS clear to everyone. If I'm a juror and I find out that the victim's parents went after money, it may make them less credible and less likeable but it surely doesn't prove the charged person's innocence. Sometimes, such an obvious point seems lost in these conversations.

But YANA, you never answered the question. Would YOU, as a mother of a 5 year old boy, allow your boy to regularly visit a 45 year old, quirky neighborhood man for "sleepovers"? If not, why not? And if not, why are you so sure that in Jackson's case, he's innocent but that neighborhood man can't be trusted with your son? Because he can't sing and dance?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2010 4:17:29 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 27, 2010 4:25:52 PM PDT
E. Dill, and when you get done saying all that.....

Like I said....Rest In Peace MJ!!---Your musical legacy will live forever! (-:

That was a simple shout out to the memory and musical legacy of MJ,
not E. Dill...I don't have to prove anything to you and won't waste my time giving
you stats, examples and figures....you seem to have your own "etched in stone"
theories about MJ, and by all means stick with them. Who cares what you think!
That's all you're gonna get in the way of a response from me. (-:
Ask anybody on here, I do the thread drama.

Posted on Jun 27, 2010 4:35:13 PM PDT
Diana Hizar says:
i personally have to say, i wasn't much of a michael jackson fan. but whenever i saw that "this is it" from him, it completely changed a new meaning of "michael jackson"!

Posted on Jun 27, 2010 5:10:05 PM PDT
YANA Girl says:
MUZIK, I agree, there is really no point in arguing with someone who is really not willing to know the truth but only wants to accept what he thinks to be true. I could send links and YouTube videos to prove that MJ was innocent, but anyone who could care less or who believes he was a pedophile isn't going to take the time to even look. I have tried that before and they just gloss over it as if it wasn't there anyway.

This thread was made with the intention of a loving memorial for a man that is appreciated not for an argument on the allegations. The title of the thread should be fairly obvious to anyone that this is what it is all about, so let's stick to the topic.

Michael, you are admired by millions and even more have come to appreciate you since you have passed. You will never be forgotten and will be remember for the many contributions you gave for the music industry as well as for kindness towards others less fortunate. I thank you for that and as far as it is in my power, I will try to continue your message of healing the world and love to a lost planet.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2010 6:14:21 PM PDT
E. Dill says:

Who asked you to prove anything? I surely didn't. I only asked "what legacy" and gave you a sense of what I think it will be. My guess isn't etched in stone at all. A legacy isn't just lived or even earned. It's based in part on historical fact and part on the way people perceive it. I'm guessing, regardless of the balance between the two, that Michael's MUSICAL legacy will suffer through the years. Elvis' has....the Beatles haven't so far. But these people....Elvis, the Beatles and Michael were larger than their music. Who knows?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2010 6:20:28 PM PDT
E. Dill says:
YANA Girl:

What I think I love the most about people like you is how you can make such asinine statements like "I could send links and YouTube videos to prove that MJ was innocent, but anyone who could care less or who believes he was a pedophile isn't goiing to take time to even look..."

So you have proof of his innocence? Of what? Of the two cases you'd mentioned by name? Or of the allegation that he was, in fact, a pedophile? Those two are different things. Is such proof available to ANYONE?

I believe he probably did engage in improper acts with minor boys. I can't prove it. How could I? As for the two alleged victims, I can't say for sure. Can you? But regardless, those 2 cases can't possibly prove that Michael wasn't a pedophile.

Had your intention only been a loving memory to Michael, I probably would have skipped it or been less verbose. Your "memory" spent a lot of time defending Michael and attacking those who thought he was guilty of abusing children. That's your idea of a loving tribute?

Posted on Jun 27, 2010 8:21:51 PM PDT
YANA Girl says:
I am not attacking anyone. There is a difference between attacking and explaining. If I were to attack you I would be etiher calling you names or making fun of you. I do disagree with you but I have done it politely. Like I said, I have tried to explain what shows as evidence of MJ's innocence in the past to others but those posts are not paid attention to. Proof is not only about the particular cases but also from people who knew him who can attest to his character, although technically it is not proof, but as close as you can get to it. If a person really wants to know they would take the time to look it up for themselves. So as long as someone does not bother to try and find out about it, they will not know, but hey that is up to them. Like I said I didn't start this thread to debate about the allegations but to honor his memory. That is the purpose of the thread, nothing more.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2010 9:18:34 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 27, 2010 9:35:34 PM PDT
E. Dill, I don't need you to "give me" any sense of anything!
I didn't solicit your opinion or even your "guess" of something that you
are in absolutely no position to pontificate on!
Like I said, who cares what you think?
My statement was a simple statement to the memory of MJ and his musical legacy...
this IS a MJ MEMORIAL THREAD is it not? (-:
You came at me with "WHAT MUSICAL LEGACY??"---As if you wanted me to prove
to you what that was...so that's why I said what I said.
If you don't think there was one that will live on or WHATEVER you think
regarding the subject of MJ, I could care less man!
Now you have a great night and great rest of your life, okay?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2010 10:10:13 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 27, 2010 10:10:51 PM PDT
E. Dill says:

This is what is known as a circular conversation....

You came onto a public board and made a statement. Since it is a public board, you came here free from the need for an invitation to do so. You gave your opinion, i.e., that Michael's legacy will live on. Fine. I gave mine by questioning what that legacy will be. I didn't ask you if I could do so and neither did you. You give an opinion and someone gives another opinion and you get bitchy. But it's all about your love of Michael, right.

The fact that you could care less about my opinion does cut to the quick but I think I'll survive and get on with the rest of my life.....

Peace be with you....

‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Pop forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Pop forum
Participants:  16
Total posts:  53
Initial post:  Jun 24, 2010
Latest post:  Jul 12, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions