Customer Discussions > Progressive Rock forum

What's your most recent prog discovery?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 3051-3075 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2012 7:19:12 AM PDT
Yodathedog says:
I third the recommendation for Lost In The New Real. It's not as heavy as Arjen's previous efforts, especially Ayreon, but it's excellent on its own. And the covers on the second disc are a major hoot.

Posted on Jul 1, 2012 8:11:41 AM PDT
LiverDye says:
I like the Arjen disc as well though I do wish there wasn't the narration. I find it a distraction and unnecessary.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2012 8:29:35 AM PDT
Yodathedog says:
I think the narration is a welcome addition. I don't know if this has been discussed before, but does anyone know where Rutger Hauer's character's name comes from? A big No Prize for all correct answers.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2012 12:06:42 PM PDT
Yoda, While clicking around the Producers, at danteprog.com, I happened to hit a video showing Trevor and Yes ,making and talking about 'Fly From Here" which was started during the "Drama" days but never finished. Steve Howe, Chris Squire, Alan White have really aged! I still think the cut featuring Chris,singing and playing keys, is a killer song, pop-prog or whatever it is.I've always loved Geoff Downes,rather playful sounding keys, both with Buggles and also Yes.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2012 12:21:35 PM PDT
What happened???? Went back to danteprog.com and NO producers!!! You've got to be kidding me! Maybe it will show up at progstreaming or kinesis. Keep it on your list, looked very promising.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2012 2:23:11 PM PDT
Yodathedog says:
J.R., it could be due to the storm in northern Va. I've been seeing spot outages on sites all day.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2012 11:47:01 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 1, 2012 11:47:35 PM PDT
Jersey Joker says:
That's right -- that freak of a thunderstorm on Friday night caused wide-spread power outages all over the place, from Richmond right on up to Philly.

They were saying some of these outages were likely going to last until NEXT weekend. Thankfully we got our power back 5PM this past evening.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 5:47:19 AM PDT
Yodathedog says:
Not that this is anything like what you guys in Va. experienced, but on the 4th day of our 100+ dergree heat wave we started having spotty power outages on Sunday. After the 4th one in two hours I stopped working and trying to keep everything reset and restarted and just waited for evening to come and calm things a bit. I discovered we haven't had temperatures this high since 1954 (which happens to be the year I was born). Apparently several new high temp records were set last week.

NP Asia XXX and Producers Made In Basing Street

Posted on Jul 2, 2012 12:14:45 PM PDT
It was 107 here last Thursday.we had 8 days in a row over 100,today is 98 and forecast for next 5 days is 101-103.

Posted on Jul 2, 2012 12:54:36 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 2, 2012 6:52:33 PM PDT
Alex Kryssov says:
Legacy by Forward Shapes.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 2:40:07 PM PDT
Yodathedog says:
No thanks. We did set records last week, but I don't want no more of that.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 2:43:51 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 2, 2012 2:44:08 PM PDT
Yodathedog says:
Did I just see an advertisement?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 7:42:33 PM PDT
Squire Jaco says:
s

Posted on Jul 2, 2012 7:42:48 PM PDT
Squire Jaco says:
Y

Posted on Jul 2, 2012 7:43:20 PM PDT
Squire Jaco says:
Z.............

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 1:15:38 AM PDT
Arseface says:
"Etarlis" by Mermaid Kiss. The perfect thing to listen to before going to bed. It makes me forget about all the drama and BS of real life. There is nothing more relaxing than that. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 1:23:44 AM PDT
Arseface says:
Yes, yes you did. There is a Kryssov who is the drummer of that band.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 2:44:01 AM PDT
Yodathedog says:
Guess I gotta check that one out. Got link?

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 4:12:51 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 3, 2012 4:21:06 PM PDT
Progtologist says:
Anyone who has not heard the new echolyn, it's out on bandcamp. What an excellent album it is too.

Frequency Drift also has a new album, Laid to Rest. I'll definitely be keeping that one in mind because Ghosts was a really nice album. I just hope they are able to keep up a release pace like that without the quality suffering.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 4:48:06 PM PDT
Yodathedog says:
I have the new Echolyn album and I don't know what to think of it. My exposure to them has been minimal and recent. I'm gonna give it a few more spins and see if it grows on me.

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 5:19:21 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 3, 2012 5:19:50 PM PDT
Progtologist says:
Yoda,

I find Echolyn to be really unique and hard it's really hard to put your finger on. They don't even sound that unique at first to be honest with you. I think their albums take longer to warm up to than even most in prog. But I had the same issue with Genesis, something kept pulling me back until I finally grasped all the layers. So for my tastes they must be doing something right. It's kind of akin to being possessed by the music. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2012 12:28:23 AM PDT
Arseface says:
Etarlis. I bought the MP3 since it wasn't as expensive... I wish I had the CD now :(

Posted on Jul 4, 2012 5:56:21 AM PDT
Yodathedog says:
RIP Andy Griffith - You made me laugh

Also, since I forgot earlier...RIP Nora Ephron - You made me cry

Posted on Jul 4, 2012 8:07:31 AM PDT
Yodathedog says:
Anyone familiar with the band Woodenhead who's cd is featured right now on lasercd? I liked the samples on their site, but it was only 2 songs.

Posted on Jul 5, 2012 5:43:07 AM PDT
ProgRocker says:
Just finished listening to Karmakanic's "Wheel of Life" release again. This is so close to being a masterpiece. Creative genius, IMO. This is a must purchase for Prog fans.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Progressive Rock forum (362 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Progressive Rock forum
Participants:  219
Total posts:  9058
Initial post:  Jan 30, 2009
Latest post:  28 minutes ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 18 customers

Search Customer Discussions