Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Recording forum

Is a digital recording of a fart good?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 29 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 3, 2009 10:12:32 PM PST
Lemon says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2009 1:03:12 AM PST
James Greene says:
Go to bed. Get some rest. Eat some eggs in the morning.

Posted on Dec 6, 2009 3:34:12 PM PST
It would always sound better on vinyl with tubes.

Posted on Dec 16, 2009 1:55:42 PM PST
Jack says:
Depends.

Posted on Dec 19, 2009 9:18:11 AM PST
good for what ?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2009 10:08:34 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 25, 2009 10:09:30 PM PST
OldAmazonian says:
Good for playing on endless loops at deafening volume in jalopies, certainly. I've heard such noises often enough, and thought they sounded like elephants breaking wind in cardboard boxes might sound, but now I know what they really were.

Posted on Jan 5, 2011 11:17:26 AM PST
For farts, I'd go "ANAL-og"

Posted on Jan 15, 2011 12:13:51 PM PST
As with any other recording, it all depends upon the quality of the source more than anything else...but yeah Mathew Ryan has the best suggestion i'd say

Posted on Jan 15, 2011 2:43:15 PM PST
Bird Davis says:
My mom left a couple anal logs in the toilet this morning :(

Posted on Jan 23, 2011 1:26:13 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 23, 2011 1:26:26 PM PST]

Posted on Jan 23, 2011 1:27:09 PM PST
Depends on the digits.

Posted on Jan 26, 2011 11:11:21 PM PST
Auramac says:
Crap in, crap out.

Posted on Feb 7, 2011 10:29:04 AM PST
R. Ackley says:
Ha! You may not require acoustic isolation while tracking it with headphones, but would do well by isolating your nose w/ some earplugs.

Let us know how exquisitely detailed your capture turns out.

Posted on Feb 8, 2011 9:16:26 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 8, 2011 9:29:32 AM PST
NO

read a good book on foley to see how to create
realistic sounds of things that you cannot do live
and get realistically

the problem is not digital nor analog
it is a combination of things including the microphone
preamp amp eq f/x and room acoustics as well as the
playback system preamp amp speakers and your personal
psychoacoustics with any hearing defects you have

Posted on Jun 6, 2012 12:40:15 PM PDT
Why would you subject a microphone to that?

Posted on Jun 7, 2012 2:35:15 PM PDT
In today's world, your fart track--combined with a drum loop and a few swear words--could probably be a hit song.

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 12:23:57 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 15, 2012 7:41:11 AM PDT
G-money says:
"Headroom," "saturation," "leakage," "dropout," "fold back," "feedback," and my favorite, some variation of "pushed hard and into the red" are some random audio recording terms that, when used in the context of fart recording take on very different and potentially messy double meanings. This can be a challenge to any novice fart recordist. Prior to working with any paying client I would recommend some practice in front of a small audience (your Mom), and to be sure that you know how to properly set up a pop filter. Kia ora. GW

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 5:07:22 PM PDT
MK Hill says:
It's best to use a digital sample; who knows what an anal-log sample sample is like?

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 5:05:12 AM PDT
Mark Thomas says:
get app and run it thru yer stereo eh..........

Posted on Jul 1, 2012 4:21:51 AM PDT
mikey says:
Make sure you use a poop filter on the mic

Posted on Jul 4, 2012 1:55:39 AM PDT
G-money says:
Just like the good old days, where tape saturation could improve (sometimes not) the recorded sound of many rock instruments, and when we consider the even-harmonic structure of the average audible fart, we might guess that the best approach would be to go with analog gear, and push the levels hard. That way your farts saturation qualities will be maximized. You'll know if you have succeeded; your efforts should culminate with something like changing a very full diaper.

Posted on Jul 6, 2012 10:16:53 AM PDT
Pepe LaPew says:
Best to use studio monitors with a flatulence response.

Posted on Jul 6, 2012 6:49:27 PM PDT
Suggest using a -10db pad.

Posted on Jul 8, 2012 12:22:49 AM PDT
WildOat says:
A Fart is good. It's the Digital part that is bad. I suggest Tube Analog as is gives that warm surround wrap that is inescapable. And don't waste it. Wait until you get inside.

Posted on Jul 13, 2012 10:16:11 AM PDT
Yes.

Don't listen to all the stupid analog clowns, they are just people who like to make up excuses about how they don't like digital audio because they are really just too afraid to record stuff. I'm not saying that analog won't sound great, I'm just saying that they're just like the guitarists that spend more time talking about gear and shopping for gear and obsessing over that $2,500 tube amplifier than they practice guitar or try to get the best sound out of their own gear and then in the end it seems like a reflection of their lack of dedication to just sit down and DO IT!

Also, the fact is that most listeners now PREFER digital so JUST EFFING RECORD IT!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Recording forum (27 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Recording forum
Participants:  25
Total posts:  29
Initial post:  Dec 3, 2009
Latest post:  Aug 10, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions