Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM
Customer Discussions > Religion forum

do you think that you are NOT going to h**l . Oh!? really ?? Prove it!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 14, 2012 9:19:05 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Mar 14, 2012 9:30:31 AM PDT
Brian Curtis says:
I'm not going to Hell because I'm also not going to Narnia, Oz, Tattooine, or Hogwart's School for Witches and Wizards.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2012 9:39:05 AM PDT
ABOTA says:
Actually, I've been there.

I used to have to commute between Bethlehem and East Jerusalem. When the traffic was especially thick, the cabbie would take a route that lead down the steep grade of the Hinnom Valley. As you perhaps know, the word often translated "hell" in the NT is "gehenna" which refers to the Hinnom Value south of Jerusalem.

You could say I went through hell and back on those days.

Posted on Mar 14, 2012 9:49:20 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 14, 2012 9:50:06 AM PDT
i rescued a cat in a sewer once, probably saved his life! i believe i've earn god's trust and earn myself a place in heaven. what do you think?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2012 9:52:21 AM PDT
abota

i thought that was sheoul

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2012 9:57:27 AM PDT
ABOTA says:
"Sheol" is the Hebrew term, rendered "Hades" in Greek. These words are also translated "hell." "Gehenna" is a term commonly used in the Gospels. "Tartarus" is used maybe once in the Epistles. I'm going off the top of my head here.

Posted on Mar 14, 2012 10:01:22 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Mar 14, 2012 10:10:36 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 14, 2012 10:12:04 AM PDT
If it should turn out that there should be a God, and if he/she/it demanded to know why I deserved to be in heaven and not hell, I would simply say the following to him/her/it:

"All throughout my life I listened to a number of people made certain claims about you. They claimed that you cursed the entire human race because their first ancestors ate a piece of fruit. They claimed that you drowned all the people on the earth, except for one family whom you packed in a relatively small boat with all the members of the animal species. They claimed that all the different languages of the world came about because you wanted to stop some pre-industrial people from building a tower. They claimed that you sent bears to devour a group of children for making fun of a man's baldness. They claimed that you ordered your chosen people on genocidal campaigns of slaughter, plunder, rapine and slave-taking against those you deemed to be their enemies (usually because they worshipped you under a different name). They claimed you ordered all the Amalekites (including women and children) massacred for a 400-year-old offense. They claimed you exterminated 70,000 Isrealites for the unspeakable crime of being counted in a census (which had originally been mandated by you). They claimed that for a time you lived within a little box, and that when one of your followers tried to steady the box to keep it from falling off the back of the oxen that were carrying it, you showed your gratitude by striking him dead. They claimed that you condemn all human souls after their deaths to eternal torment unless they fail to gratify your vanity by professing belief in you. They claimed that those wishing to demonstrate such fidelity to you could do so by accepting the sacrifice of your only begotten son, an innocent who was killed to satisfy your own requirement that there can be no redemption of sin without bloodshed.
I am proud to say that, whenever I heard one of these outrageous lies and slanders against your name, I always vehemently denied them."

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2012 10:47:42 AM PDT
S. Kessler says:
Well put, Brian. And succinct. Just like Whomper asked. Very good. ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2012 10:55:44 AM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2012 10:56:31 AM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2012 10:58:15 AM PDT
Do you have evidence of the existence of "HE**"? If not, then the question is moot.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2012 11:07:41 AM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2012 11:11:17 AM PDT
S. Kessler says:
What should be its own thread?

Posted on Mar 14, 2012 11:15:17 AM PDT
"Hell is for Children"
-Pat Benetar

Crimes of Passion

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2012 11:17:32 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 14, 2012 11:23:40 AM PDT
Arrogance will bring you in hell....right beside me and my master my friend....

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2012 11:25:38 AM PDT
Brian Curtiss already answered this arguement.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2012 11:31:21 AM PDT
Customer says:
I'm not going to hell. I've already served out my term by putting up with a gaggle of baggy monsters like you.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2012 11:34:34 AM PDT
whomper: rachel that is fatally flawed logic i dont need proof of existence you need proof of NON existence and good luck with that

RRR: LOL! And speaking of fatally flawed logic, you seem to be the poster boy for it. The burden of proof is on the one making the assertion. The notion that your statement that HE** exists unless proved NOT to exist is that old fallacy "the argumentum ad ignorantiam."

From wiki: When debating any issue, there is an implicit burden of proof on the person asserting a claim. "If this responsibility or burden of proof is shifted to a critic, the fallacy of appealing to ignorance is committed". This burden does not necessarily require a mathematical or strictly logical proof, although many strong arguments do rise to this level (such as in logical syllogisms). Rather, the evidential standard required for a given claim is determined by convention or community standards, with regard to the context of the claim in question.

From wiki: Argument from ignorance, also known as argumentum ad ignorantiam or "appeal to ignorance" (where "ignorance" stands for: "lack of evidence to the contrary"), is a fallacy in informal logic. It asserts that a proposition is true because it has not yet been proven false, it is "generally accepted" (or vice versa). This represents a type of false dichotomy in that it excludes a third option, which is that there is insufficient investigation and therefore insufficient information to prove the proposition satisfactorily to be either true or false. Nor does it allow the admission that the choices may in fact not be two (true or false), but may be as many as four, (1) true, (2) false, (3) unknown between true or false, and (4) being unknowable (among the first three). In debates, appeals to ignorance are sometimes used to shift the burden of proof.

w: the question is not moot

R: Boink! Wrong again. Since you are engaging in fallacies in order to try to shift the burden of proof, yet another fallacy, your question is irrelevant.

Posted on Mar 14, 2012 11:46:47 AM PDT
There are so many reasons to go to hell,all believed by millions of people. You could go to Moslem hell for not believing in the Prophet. You can to to Catholic hell for not receiving the sacrements. Or protestant hell for not accepting Jesus properly. You might be predestended to hell. Bhuddist hell is temporary, I think, and I'm not at all sure how to avoide it. Hindu hell might also be the sane; more like what some Christains call Purgatory. I don't how how many others are claimed. Going by the odds of making the one correct lucky guess among so many possibilities, you may be in big trouble yourself whomper.

Posted on Mar 14, 2012 12:17:41 PM PDT
briefcandle says:
There are two catholic sins need mentioning.
The first-the sin of presumption, that if you presume you are going to heaven this is is a sin, and you may go to hell.
The second is the sin of despair, that if you believe you will never go to heaven, this is a sin and may wind you up in aforementioned hell.

I have always liked the s.o.p. because evangelicals are almost always guilty of it.

Posted on Mar 14, 2012 1:23:49 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 14, 2012 1:24:52 PM PDT]

Posted on Mar 14, 2012 1:52:39 PM PDT
My advice to the poster who goes by the bane of "whomper" is that you re-enroll yourself back in the third grade, as you appear to lack basic English writing skills that are usually mastered by students who have passed that level. You appear to have no idea how to capitalize and punctuate a sentence, let alone properly structure one. You may feel that all that language arts and grammar stuff doesn't matter on the internet. But anyone on the forum who first reads your posts, whatever salient point they may have to make, is going to look at your atrocious grammar skills and think to themselves "this post was written by an idiot", before they even read the actual content of the post. (Of course, in your case that initial assessment would be solidly confirmed by statements such as "I don't need proof of existence, you need proof of non existence!) Seriously, learn how to write comprehensible English.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2012 1:55:51 PM PDT
whomps

which means there is no evidence. when there is no evidence there is no reason to believe the claim.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2012 1:58:09 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 14, 2012 1:58:28 PM PDT
Nope. Not going to do it. Not going to go to hell. Not in a handbasket or a shopping cart or any other form of conveyance. I don't believe hell is a place. I think it's a state of mind. Jesus said the kingdom of God is within us, and I believe the same is true about hell. When we're full of joy, love, and hope we're in heaven right now (Behold, NOW is the day of salvation - Paul said that somewhere), and when we're full of hate, anger, fear, and bigotry I think we're in hell right now.

When we realize that we're made in the image and likeness of Love - as it clearly says in The Bible (Genesis 1 and I John 4) - then I think we'll come to see that none of us is destined for hell. Why would God make us capable of sinning and then send us to hell for doing what she made us capable of doing? Makes no sense. And don't give me the one about God loving us so much that she gave us free choice to go to a place of eternal damnation. That's just silly. What kind of loving parent would give her child that kind of choice?

God is Love (I John 4) and we're made in her image and likeness, male and female (Genesis 1). So there.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 60 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Religion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
1650 4 days ago
Animals in the Ark 171 15 seconds ago
What would Christ say about Atheists Who Deny God and deny Him? What would Christ say about Crooked Hillary's Abortion Promotion, Lies, Pay to Play Profiteering, Not following the Rules, Silly Dyed Light Blond Hair, and her Muslim Brotherhood Woman? 82 18 seconds ago
Jesus probably didn't exist. Brian Bethune in response to Bart Ehrhman 3414 4 minutes ago
Noah's Ark - the "WTH?"Thread 150 5 minutes ago
Even if There Were a 'God,' No Human Could Know It 2495 7 minutes ago
Creationism is Sad 531 8 minutes ago
What is an ad hominem argument? 64 56 minutes ago
Agreeing to disagree is not good enough. 172 2 hours ago
One-sentence Nonsense Deepities for Fun and Prophet 344 2 hours ago
Life 848 2 hours ago
Art & Spirituality 472 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Religion forum
Participants:  87
Total posts:  1495
Initial post:  Mar 14, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions