Customer Discussions > Religion forum

Oh, Chick Fil-A!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 176-200 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2012 9:25:43 PM PDT
I support justice. I support equality for my fellow citizens. I support loving relationships.

I know of no valid moral, ethical, or rational justification for barring same-sex couples from the secular, civil institution of marriage.

If you do know of such a reason, I challenge you to produce it. If you do... you'll be the first.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2012 9:27:24 PM PDT
J. Russell says:
G. Garner's
That's it..........I'm a convert. I'm gonna take to the streets, and sing 'We Shall Overcome.
My Response
Shal I hold my breath waiting for you?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2012 9:36:41 PM PDT
Beautifully put.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2012 9:44:58 PM PDT
blueskies says:
Clarke

Say what? I have no idea what you are saying here, or how it applies to my post.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2012 10:29:52 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 30, 2012 10:53:10 PM PDT
Barry - "I hate Christians = acceptable"

Why do you find lying acceptable? Learn to differentiate between disagreement and hatred.

In addition to which, many Christians have no problem with gay marriage. Stop pretending that you speak for Christianity.

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 11:38:55 PM PDT
esanta says:
I think it's a great idea for all the marriage equality opponents to show their support and go eat at CFA breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. Can't wait to see the results of that healthy diet!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2012 11:59:58 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 31, 2012 12:00:14 AM PDT
AxeGrrl says:
esanta wrote: "I think it's a great idea for all the marriage equality opponents to show their support and go eat at CFA breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. Can't wait to see the results of that healthy diet!"
~~~~

Perhaps they can bring along that "small minority" of church members who convinced that Pastor in Mississippi to refuse to marry that black couple.

I thought adherents of that kind of blatant, ugly racism had pretty much died off already.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2012 12:00:09 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 31, 2012 1:23:02 AM PDT
G. Garner says: "No, the only real hope for our country is for us to hit absolute,rock bottom economically, so that the country is FORCED to vote Republicans to unprecedented power. That could buy us another 50 or 60 decent years. I'm no huge fan of Republicans, either, for that matter, but at least if they get to stockpile the courts, this place will still be America."

~Wait a minute, I thought liberals and their anti-anti-homosexual agenda were just whining about a made-up issue. Suddenly they're so dangerous you feel the need to fill every court in the nation with Scalias? As long as you don't think of it as 'war', I guess.

BTW, voting Republicans to unprecedented power should rapidly bring about that absolute economic rock bottom you're hoping for. Start by voting for a presidential candidate who wants to roll everything back to exactly the way it was before the economy tanked, because everybody knows nothing bad happened in this country until January 21st, 2009.

Oh, I feel so toxic!

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 12:13:57 AM PDT
And maybe, since Mitt's foreign policy team is made up primarily of Bush/Cheney residue, we can even start another unfunded war or two! What do you think--Syria? Iran? Russia? China? That ought to produce another economic boom.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2012 12:32:30 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 31, 2012 12:42:36 AM PDT
AxeGrrl - "I thought adherents of that kind of blatant, ugly racism had pretty much died off already."

No, it's still around. The right-wing just calls it racist to point it out. They had a "cross lighting" in Alabama just a couple of weeks ago. White Christians only, please. If they feel comfortable putting up printed flyers, that shows that the subculture isn't exactly in the closet.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2012 3:12:46 AM PDT
tokolosi says:
"No, the only real hope for our country is for us to hit absolute,rock bottom economically, so that the country is FORCED to vote Republicans to unprecedented power. That could buy us another 50 or 60 decent years. "

LMAO -- talk about irony...

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2012 4:38:46 AM PDT
That kind of rhetoric brings the phrase "American Taliban" to mind.

It is not a comfortable feeling.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2012 4:48:46 AM PDT
Eric Pyle says:
<<"No, the only real hope for our country is for us to hit absolute,rock bottom economically, so that the country is FORCED to vote Republicans to unprecedented power. That could buy us another 50 or 60 decent years. "

LMAO -- talk about irony...>>

We had to destroy the country in order to save it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2012 5:26:30 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2012 5:45:08 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2012 5:46:03 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 31, 2012 7:52:22 AM PDT
King's Kid says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2012 5:49:41 AM PDT
King's Kid says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2012 5:50:53 AM PDT
King's Kid says:
Mark R. Allen says:
GtbG

Despite my attempt to get my George Foreman to discuss politics and morality, it has been very taciturn. A preferred state in appliances.

KK says: And a preferred state in food as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2012 5:52:38 AM PDT
King's Kid says:
It'll melt.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2012 7:32:01 AM PDT
"Ah, you lie."

What part(s) of that post were lies, exactly? Could you be more specific?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2012 7:46:54 AM PDT
KK,

Do you know what Baked Alaska is?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2012 8:07:57 AM PDT
King's Kid says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2012 8:08:14 AM PDT
King's Kid says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2012 8:26:30 AM PDT
KK,

Not really, and the ice cream does not melt although it takes High heat, that normally isn't available in a covered grill.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2012 8:33:35 AM PDT
Joe says:
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Religion forum
Participants:  96
Total posts:  2770
Initial post:  Jul 28, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 22, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions