Customer Discussions > Religion forum

There is proof of God

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 317 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 28, 2012 11:17:36 AM PDT
W. Pope says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Oct 28, 2012 11:29:27 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Nov 5, 2012 3:34:53 PM PST]

Posted on Oct 28, 2012 12:14:56 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 28, 2012 12:15:57 PM PDT
What the hell is "elemental logic" ?

Explain that first before I address point 2-9

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2012 12:31:49 PM PDT
Mickey says:
Sorry, but that's wishful thinking, not proof.

Posted on Oct 28, 2012 2:09:05 PM PDT
This kind of thread should maybe start with a definition of what is meant by "God." If you're talking about an anthropomorphic thunderbolt-wielding-send-his-own-creation-to-hell kind of god then I think it's going to be pretty hard to provide proof of your god - the only acceptable proof might be if you actually bring him in front of us and let us see him for ourselves.

Here are my thoughts about proof of God:
http://madcapchristianscientist.wordpress.com/2012/10/20/cognitive-dissonance-and-proof-of-god/

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2012 3:02:16 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 28, 2012 3:03:20 PM PDT
tokolosi says:
"2016 The Final Revelation."

Funny how these things are always just out of reach somewhere in the near future...

Thing is, this one in particular is *obviously* wrong -- December 21, 2012 is gonna be The End, so the whole book is kinda superfluous... ;-p

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2012 6:20:19 PM PDT
S. Friedman says:
W. Pope,
Out of curiousity, do you feel this proves that 'a god' exists, or that "God" - a specific deity worshipped by a specific religion in a specific way that provides a benefit to those who worship it in that specific way - exists?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 6:20:27 PM PDT
>>>>"2016 The Final Revelation."

Funny how these things are always just out of reach somewhere in the near future...

Thing is, this one in particular is *obviously* wrong -- December 21, 2012 is gonna be The End, so the whole book is kinda superfluous... ;-p <<<<

It's going to be hilarious --as the supposed "end time" approaches day by day-- watching all the superstitious cretins in this country go into convulsions, preparing to "meet their Maker" as he descends in his golden chariot. (or whatever otherworldly mode of transport they imagine him to be riding in)

Most of the time, all of the **They's A Gonna Be An End Of The World, And It Is Coming Soon! Really really SOON!** nuts from the religious faction do nothing but infuriate me with their fantasies....

.....but at least THIS time, I'll actually get some enjoyment watching the millions of superstitious twits that America is overrun with begin to backpedal on Dec 22, desperately making excuses as to why the incessantly warned of **End 'O The World** failed, for the umpteenth time, to come about.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 7:42:01 PM PDT
Jesferkicks says:
What a crock!

Posted on Oct 29, 2012 10:36:39 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 29, 2012 10:37:04 PM PDT
Re OP: ALL posts subsequent to yours have correctly identified this as nonsense. A "proof" must start with postulates which are demonstrably true, or assumed to be true for good reason, and followed by deductive steps, each of which involves correct logic. You have presented NONE of this: all you have given us is assertions, some of which may be true, but NONE of which comprise proof (or even evidence) of the existence of any sort of deity.

As it turns out, it can be shown that ALL of the following are true [1]:
- It is impossible to prove that any god exists.
- It is impossible to prove that any god does NOT exist.
- It is impossible to derive any information from any thesis involving a god.

1. For the proof, Search Customer Discussions for "saundersg" in "Belief in the Christian god is absurd".

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2012 12:48:45 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 30, 2012 12:49:25 PM PDT
You clearly believe in God and do not need proof. I doubt very much that any of the nine points you list are the reasons that you believe in God. Probably, they are ideas that followed your belief in God. There's nothing wrong with that. I'm never sure why theists think that they need to provide some kind of proof behind their belief--unless it's that atheists goad them to it.

But you should understand, as people have pointed out here, that none of the points you list here have anything to do with proof. Most of them aren't even logical. I'm curious why you even find the need to list them. Are you trying to convert non-believers? If so, this is certainly not the way to do it. Are you trying to defend yourself from atheist logic? If so, why? Your faith isn't something you need to defend. If you want to express it, to explain what you believe and why you believe it, then just do so honestly. You don't need to express your belief as a proof. (In fact, you can't.) And you don't need to claim your belief as universal (in fact, it isn't.) It's enough that it's your faith. If you want to talk about it do. That's why these thread are here. But don't present it as self-evident or universal. That just won't work.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2012 1:00:45 PM PDT
Fail.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2012 1:06:52 PM PDT
Bubba says:
Many things are always just out of reach somewhere in the near future... cold fusion, flying cars, domed cities ...

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2012 1:09:01 PM PDT
Bubba says:
I wonder how many more people than usual are going to max out their credit cards and lines of credit in the run up to December 21, 2012.

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 1:23:43 PM PDT
Well, if you believe the world will end this year, then you must believe in some kind of God, Christian or otherwise. (There's no scientific reason to believe, only religion.) So you might want to think twice about what that God is going to think about your conspicuous consumption. Then again, what do I know about the Mayans. Maybe their gods favor conspicuous consumption.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2012 1:45:28 PM PDT
JagdTiger says:
Lol...great question,it could be many but if 2012 turns out to be a spiritual thing than a physical happening "which they will rely on hoping the end of the world would put a hold on credit agencies" than maxing out the cards may bring bankruptcy...not good.

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 2:14:40 PM PDT
Please God, lead me not into temptation. But if you do, then at least deliver me from debt!

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 4:00:50 PM PDT
S. Friedman says:
Too bad the OP seems to be a seagull.
I wouldn't object to seeing responses to what's been offered.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2012 6:16:59 PM PDT
Hi, Seth! That's all - just wanted to say hi! Feel like I've not seen you forever...
(I think you are proof of God. :))

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2012 8:27:42 PM PDT
Re Weaver, 10-30 1:23 PM: " if you believe the world will end this year, then you must believe in some kind of God..." Not necessarily. One can suppose mechanisms other than divine intervention which could cause the world to end. However, you correctly suppose that "There's no scientific reason to believe, only religion." Maybe someone's Ouija board made such a claim....

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 8:36:43 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Oct 31, 2012 12:18:13 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2012 8:41:51 PM PDT
Re Godfrey, above: Utter nonsense.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2012 7:43:34 AM PDT
tokolosi says:
The difference being that your examples are on some level at least theoretically possible. Not in the same league as "prophecy".

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2012 8:34:25 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 31, 2012 8:35:13 AM PDT
Bubba says:
I was ironing, or maybe just being a smart ass.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2012 9:46:31 AM PDT
W. Pope says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Religion forum
Participants:  41
Total posts:  317
Initial post:  Oct 28, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 4, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions