Customer Discussions > Religion forum

same sex marraige?

Discussion moved to this forum by Amazon on Jul 31, 2012 2:53:46 PM PDT.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jul 28, 2012 9:07:42 PM PDT
Chris.. Are you serious? Are you married? Do you have daughters? There are so many things I object to in your entry, I don't know where to start to address them. Then I wondered if it was made up to keep a vivid discussion going on.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 28, 2012 9:27:17 PM PDT
mark joseph says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 28, 2012 9:32:02 PM PDT
mark joseph says:
just because someone else doesn't have your views doesn't mean they are a bigot.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 28, 2012 9:38:13 PM PDT
Jackie says:
I can't even tell you how much I love this post...hahahahha. Best response to Juliana so far! =)

Posted on Jul 28, 2012 9:45:12 PM PDT
Chris says:
Susan, I was trying to make the point that the Bible does not give a clear picture oh what marriage should look like. Too many people use the Bible as their opposition to same gender marriage. If they want a biblical marriage, they should ne careful what they ask for.

Posted on Jul 28, 2012 10:31:58 PM PDT
So Lucky says:
Really doesn't matter what I think, but I do think and have an opinion. My opinion is that God will be our ultimate judge. If you think homosexuality is a sin, good for you - if you think being donating to anti-LBGT organizations is a sin, good for you. In the eye's of God which evil is worse, I have no idea and neither do you. We have separation of Church and State, Amazon and Chick-fil-A both fall under the State end of that and have a right to own and operate their lawful business. The individuals who run those companies are entitled to all of the freedoms granted in the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, as do all of you unless you are not a legal citizen or you've committed a felony. Live and let live. This is a free enterprise economy - shop where you want to shop, eat where you want to eat and let me do the same. If someone is treated unjustly in my presence or their rights are denied by Mr. Bezos, Mr. Christy, or anyone else, I will speak up - however they too have the right to speak up if they feel that I have treated someone unjustly in their presence.

Posted on Jul 28, 2012 10:43:39 PM PDT
Book Mavin says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2012 1:15:25 AM PDT
Mike Smith says:
You're effectively 'hating upon' Amazon if you try and persuade others not to buy because of Amazon's CEO supporting this. Just do not buy from them yourself, that's fine, but advocating this because of some imaginary[1] religion, that isn't.

[1] - they all are.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2012 1:43:16 AM PDT
amp says:
Homosexual behavior in animals refers to the documented evidence of homosexual and bisexual behavior in various (non-human) species. Such behaviors include sex, courtship, affection, pair bonding, and parenting among same sex animals. A 1999 review by researcher Bruce Bagemihl shows that homosexual behavior has been observed in close to 1,500 species, ranging from primates to gut worms, and is well documented for 500 of them.[1][2] Animal sexual behaviour takes many different forms, even within the same species. The motivations for and implications of these behaviors have yet to be fully understood, since most species have yet to be fully studied.[3] According to Bagemihl, "the animal kingdom [does] it with much greater sexual diversity - including homosexual, bisexual and nonreproductive sex - than the scientific community and society at large have previously been willing to accept."[4] Current research indicates that various forms of same-sex sexual behavior are found throughout the animal kingdom.[5] A new review made in 2009 of existing research showed that same-sex behavior is a nearly universal phenomenon in the animal kingdom, common across species.[6] Homosexual behavior is best known from social species. According to geneticist Simon Levay in 1996, "Although homosexual behavior is very common in the animal world, it seems to be very uncommon that individual animals have a long-lasting predisposition to engage in such behavior to the exclusion of heterosexual activities. Thus, a homosexual orientation, if one can speak of such thing in animals, seems to be a rarity.[7] One species in which exclusive homosexual orientation occurs, however, is that of domesticated sheep (Ovis aries).[8][9] "About 10% of rams (males) refuse to mate with ewes (females) but do readily mate with other rams

I'm not gay and all for rights of both parties, freedom of speech and educating yourself. If the world started with same sex marriage it would be the heterosexuals who would be observed as unnatural.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2012 1:43:18 AM PDT
Mike Smith says:
And this is relevant to this thread how, exactly?

Posted on Jul 29, 2012 2:00:39 AM PDT
amp says:
Did you read the entire thread?

Posted on Jul 29, 2012 2:31:21 AM PDT
Book Mavin says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2012 4:31:40 AM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2012 4:59:04 AM PDT

Posted on Jul 29, 2012 5:03:20 AM PDT
Islander says:

Posted on Jul 29, 2012 5:15:59 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 29, 2012 5:21:11 AM PDT
Angel77 says:
I sincerely believe that everyone has the right to express their opinions in away that is not hurtful. To me, it seems that it is not ok for the owner of Chick-Fil-A to openly express his opinion. I have heard before that he was closed on Sundays because of his religious beliefs. I personally heard no complaints about that.
I respect people who earnestly express their opinions in a respectful manner. If the man from Amazon wants to give his own money to a group, is that a problem?
As for the quotes from Leviticus, I do agree that if you follow one, you should follow all of them.
What do we gain from spiteful comments?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2012 5:26:54 AM PDT
NeoPaganBaby says:
A. Nelbach says: Lev 20:13 'If there is a man who lies with a male [blah blah blah]
----------------------------------------------------------
Leviticus 12:1-4 "If a woman bears a male child, then she shall be unclean seven days, and continue in purification for 33 days...If she bears a female child she shall be unclean for 2 weeks and continue in purification for 66 days"

If you're trying to enlighten us with religious views, please quote from a religious text that is enlightened.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2012 5:32:57 AM PDT
NeoPaganBaby says:
A. Nelbach says: 2 Tim 3:16 All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness
------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, of course inspired by God - take the wonderful God-inspired quote from Leviticus 12 immediately above as an example.

Incidentally 2 Timothy was not "Scripture" itself when it was written. At that point it was simply a letter written (presumably) by Saint Paul (who wasn't a "Saint" at that time) to Timothy.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2012 5:41:09 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 29, 2012 6:23:08 AM PDT
Mongo61 says:
Do you believe a family has the right to visit a dying member of the family in the hospital? Should the family that ostracized the patient decades ago have the right to decide medical care over the patient's partner? Do you think this is fair? Don't you find it cruel?
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/19/health/19well.html
http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/12/how-hospitals-treat-same-sex-couples/

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2012 5:50:08 AM PDT
Simulaman™ says:
source?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2012 6:14:47 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 29, 2012 6:15:38 AM PDT
Mongo61 says:
I looked. It also says this (King James Version):

Leviticus 19:27-28

27 Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard.
28 Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the Lord.

Leviticus 25:44-46
44 Both thy bondmen, and thy bondmaids, which thou shalt have, shall be of the heathen that are round about you; of them shall ye buy bondmen and bondmaids.
45 Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, and of their families that are with you, which they begat in your land: and they shall be your possession.
46 And ye shall take them as an inheritance for your children after you, to inherit them for a possession; they shall be your bondmen for ever: but over your brethren the children of Israel, ye shall not rule one over another with rigour.

Posted on Jul 29, 2012 6:17:46 AM PDT
Rando says:

Posted on Jul 29, 2012 6:18:56 AM PDT
Rando says:

Posted on Jul 29, 2012 6:27:45 AM PDT
Angel77 says:
I am refering to Orthodox Jews who follow all of the Torah. They believe that following the Law (Torah) is the way to be closer to G_D. I am not claiming to be an expert on the Bible myself. Mainly my comment is geared to Christians who say they do not believe in following the Law ie: Old Testament, yet they inconsistently use portions of the Old Testament when it seems to help promote their beliefs. As was mentioned before, eating fish with or without scales, eating shellfish, etc. I am trying to state that consistency is important, not picking and choosing just certain portions of the Bible.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2012 6:35:38 AM PDT
Live and Let Live!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Religion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
1335 3 days ago
God is not a knowledge claim 582 49 seconds ago
Was seeking God more pleasant before literalism? 131 1 minute ago
Gun Control? A denial of human rights 117 1 minute ago
Magic or God? 7 3 minutes ago
The War on Wonen Continues Apace 8224 4 minutes ago
Scientology documentary to air in March 62 5 minutes ago
Asking the wrong questions 50 25 minutes ago
The abortion football 209 33 minutes ago
Meditation and Spirituality 1839 43 minutes ago
Today in Muslim History 834 54 minutes ago
Atheists - Muslims ... not much difference there 3617 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Religion forum
Participants:  270
Total posts:  1083
Initial post:  Jul 28, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 13 customers

Search Customer Discussions