Customer Discussions > Religion forum

same sex marraige?

Discussion moved to this forum by Amazon on Jul 31, 2012 2:53:46 PM PDT.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 201-225 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2012 1:20:33 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 18, 2012 1:39:49 PM PDT]

Posted on Jul 29, 2012 1:23:41 PM PDT
Im a hindrance not a help eh? And i should stfu according to tony s. Ok. Thank you for letting me know. Thank you Jeff Bezos for your contribution. I will leave it at that with my apologies for being a hindrance. Thar's a V. painful realization.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2012 1:29:55 PM PDT
T. Call says:
You somehow seem to believe others in this nation should be forced to believe in your version of God. Fortunately we dont live in a country that accepts your version of what a democracy should be.

Iran is exactly what you are looking for in a religion, just in a different flavor.

You might want to sit down with some others of your religion and discuss what it was like when each of you decided your sexuality "lifestyle" as you seem to label it. Perhaps then you would understand that according to your God he created all of us and it is not yours to judge unless you want others to judge you. Leave your Gods business to him and worry about your own sins such as coming here and insulting others with your judgements.

Religion is a choice, sexuality is not. Our nation is one that allows freedom of and from religion. To believe there aren't other viable choices flies in the face of our republic and it's constitution. To change that would make christianity no better than the Taliban and their version of Islam.

Uganda is trying to run their country with what you want. Why not go see for yourself.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2012 1:32:55 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 29, 2012 1:34:11 PM PDT]

Posted on Jul 29, 2012 1:42:58 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 29, 2012 1:45:51 PM PDT
D. N. says:
To all those boycotting Amazon, are you also boycotting Kraft? They support gay rights too.

Here is their list of brands to get you started in your crusade against human equality: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Kraft_brands

Oh and add to that list Microsoft (I bet you're using Windows right now, you dirty gay supporter), Nike, General Mills (hope you don't like cereal), Thomson Reuters, JC Penney, Target...

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2012 1:47:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 29, 2012 1:50:12 PM PDT
Right ON!! It is about time gays had the same rights as everyone else. No I am not gay, but I believe in fairness and human rights for all.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2012 1:52:31 PM PDT
Having read the bible and all of the so called anti-gay passages, I have yet to see where it says that being gay is a sin.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2012 1:58:12 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 1, 2012 12:56:39 AM PDT]

Posted on Jul 29, 2012 1:59:18 PM PDT
everyone should have the opportunity to try. It seems like opposite sex marriges aren't working out, many ending in divorce, so why not give same sex couples the opportunity. I am all for equal rights to everyone. This is america right?!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2012 2:00:28 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 29, 2012 2:14:11 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2012 2:04:56 PM PDT
Would you like some cheese and crackers with that whine?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2012 2:05:15 PM PDT
Lagunatic says:
Maybe not two male dogs, but male dogs and my leg, or anything else that gets in they're way. Maybe we should legalize dog-leg marriage. I think you take yourself too seriously.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2012 2:07:32 PM PDT
D. N. says:
Right. Beat me to it!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2012 2:09:34 PM PDT
I shop with them because they have low prices on the things I want and most of the time they bring it to my house at no additional charge and the no sales tax benefit saves me over 8% of my hard earned money. Thanks Jeff/Amazon.

Posted on Jul 29, 2012 2:16:25 PM PDT
Because of Mr. Bezos' personal donation, I will shop with Amazon first from now on, even when I have to pay sales tax and even when my Prime membership doesn't cover shipping. The difference is that Mr. Bezos made a PERSONAL donation from his OWN checking account. Chik-Fil-A donated CORPORATE funds to groups that the Southern Poverty Law Center lists as hate groups, which Mr. Cathy admitted to in the Baptist publication interview.

Oh, and my dogs NEVER stop humping each other. Or the cat. Or the floor. Or anything. Homosexuality is documented in every mammal on Earth.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2012 2:18:48 PM PDT
Even the Supreme Court agrees that it is illegal to yell "Fire" in a crowded theater. Freedom of expression has its limits, and those limits are when they harm others.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2012 2:22:05 PM PDT
Oh please...of the 50 States please name the ones that require fertility tests pry to allowing
two individuals to get marriage, yours isn't a logical nor reasoned argument, only a wishful one. And where is the "compelling State interest" when it takes 20 to 30 years for that costly public investment in children to start paying off? The only "compelling State interest" is the living tax paying public, not the yet to be conceived nor those who are already dead.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2012 2:26:34 PM PDT
I believe you correctly summarized the situation with marriage. All too often people claim rights where none exist! Every individual is entitled(has rights to) life liberty, and the PURSUIT of happiness. Any society should be free to offer incentives(extras) to behaviour beneficial to that society. Those that qualify get the incentive; those that don't meet the qualifications are NOT entitled. A homosexual marriage is an anomaly without the potential benefit to society. A homosexual relationship should therefore not be prohibited, but should certainly not be encouraged!

Posted on Jul 29, 2012 2:29:38 PM PDT
Robin says:
Just a question, what percentage of our prison population is married gay people? Don't we have bigger problems to solve? The sky did not fall to the ground the day the first gay couple got married in Massachusetts. Let's let every law abiding person live their own lives!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2012 2:37:59 PM PDT
I am teaching no one. I am silent in church when the people are assembled. Bravo on.
Then explain this one.

1Corinthians 6:9-10 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2012 2:41:09 PM PDT
Mikes'Minx says:
Well that about sums up EVERYONE! Looks like the earth will be uninherited!

Posted on Jul 29, 2012 2:44:40 PM PDT
The only reason people claim to be "gay" is obviously they only have one thing on their mind. DUH! I don't go walking around and say, I'm a Heterosexually!

Its just a excuse. You all have been talking about freedom of speach. Okay then, It's fair for you to tell me that Homo's are okay, but it's wrong for me to talk about the bible in public? Make up your minds.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2012 2:46:05 PM PDT
T. Call says:
Tens of thousands of Gays have adopted the children you and your ilk dumped into the foster care system only to be tossed into the streets as an 18th birthday present.

Thousand upon thousands of us own homes, pay school taxes, volunteer in our communities, work with disadvantaged children and the list goes on and on. A list identical to our heterosexual counterparts.

You really don't know what you are talking about. Marriage isn't an "extra".

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2012 2:46:40 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 29, 2012 2:55:29 PM PDT
AAAAmerican says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2012 2:47:59 PM PDT
Firefly says:
Why should we worry about obeying what your bible says? You obviously don't worrying about obeying it. Judge not, Juliana, judge not.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Religion forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Religion forum
Participants:  270
Total posts:  1083
Initial post:  Jul 28, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 13 customers

Search Customer Discussions