I miss Scobenja.
scobenja said [Mar 24, 2008 9:46:58 AM PDT]
1) If a future event can be predicted, today, with certainty, then such an event is inevitable.
2) If a future event is not inevitable (if multiple outcomes are all possible) then its outcome cannot be predicted with certainty.
3) If a future event is inevitable, then no person has the power to do anything now to keep that event from occurring.
4) If any person has the power to keep a future event from occurring, then that event is not inevitable.
5) An omniscient being (whether a person or a God) can predict all future events with certainty.
6) Therefore, if there is even one omniscient entity, all future events can be predicted with certainty, at least by that omniscient entity.
7) Therefore, if there is an omniscient entity, all future events are inevitable.
8) If all future events are inevitable, no person has the power to do anything now to keep these inevitable future events (to wit: all future events) from happening.
9) If no person has the power to do anything now, to keep any future event from happening, then no person has free will.
"An Omnisicient God and Free Will Cannot Coexist."
Recent discussions in the Religion forum
AnnouncementAmazon Discussions Feedback Forum
|1406||12 days ago|
|Is Homosexuality a 'Good Thing' II?||2647||3 minutes ago|
|Another 10,000 Quotes...||4061||7 minutes ago|
|In praise of Irrational Thought||12||8 minutes ago|
|God's Presence||4108||13 minutes ago|
|Is creating false guilt for profit by religions a good moral tenet?||122||15 minutes ago|
|Protecting our right to practice bigotry...||1447||27 minutes ago|
|What do the terms "almost atheist" and "almost theist" mean to you?||220||31 minutes ago|
|Dear theists,||6373||37 minutes ago|
|American DarkSoul says: Yes I can prove atheism is true.||515||51 minutes ago|
|If Jesus was Jewish, why don't Jews beleive in Jesus?||3756||1 hour ago|
|What is Christianity?||30||2 hours ago|