Customer Discussions > Religion forum

Who does your religion hate?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 185 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 19, 2012 6:00:55 PM PST
Clara Marks says:
I am an atheist. I am not a devil worshipper. I believe that MOST religions have evolved by cherry picking the less barbaric aspects of their doctrines. Because of this, they can judge those who are not in exact accordance with their own beliefs but not actually kill them. Religion is necessary becase there are too many people who need to be threatened with the possibility of eternal damnation in a burning inferno in order to be good. What I hate are hypocrites. I am a good person just because it's the right thing to do.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 5:50:41 PM PST
Joe W says:
John: Really, well if you actually knew your facts you would know the US Bishops have told parents they still need to love their children even if they are gay.

Joe: Even if? Oy.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 5:43:29 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 5:44:52 PM PST
Bubba says:
Why does the RCC do all they can, including spending several million dollars to get anti-gay laws passed or to retain anti-gay laws? Why were pederast priests simply reassigned rather than having any actual action taken, such as reporting them to legal authority?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 5:28:17 PM PST
John says:
Really, well if you actually knew your facts you would know the US Bishops have told parents they still need to love their children even if they are gay. Why would the Church hate the boys, but still kick the priests out of the church?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 2:53:05 PM PST
Bubba says:
The Catholic Church hates gays, uppity women, and boys who tattle on pederast priests.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 2:43:34 PM PST
John says:
Why don't you tell me who Catholics hate, it seems like you know, why don't you enlighten me?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 10:43:17 PM PST
???? How does anything you just said having anything to do with my post your responding too?????
===========
My Post:
I am sorry, but a search on terms "twelve" "wives" "Benjamin" "marry" "married" simply isn't coming up with any results. Was the Bible you read the KJV? Or some other? Regardless. You claimed that ALL Mormons knew these verses. I am case in point, that this is NOT true. In this modern day and age, LDS marry age 18 or older (21 in my case). Why would we be interested memorizing an alleged verse otherwise? Brother Niv

Your post:
First, I thought that all Mormons were Christian and that they based their faith on the words and actions of Jesus.
Second, I thought that Mormons were Bible Scholars and had thought through the conflicts between the Bible and the Book of Mormon.
I guess I have been mistaken in my beliefs. I guess that LDS are just like the other ignorant sheepish followers of false religions.
I really do write with love. I long to free you from the evil superstitions that have plagued mankind for centuries.
===========

Brother Niv

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 12:31:28 AM PST
Bill McLean says:
Reply to Church of Jesus Christ of LDS are Christian

First, I thought that all Mormons were Christian and that they based their faith on the words and actions of Jesus.

Second, I thought that Mormons were Bible Scholars and had thought through the conflicts between the Bible and the Book of Mormon.

I guess I have been mistaken in my beliefs. I guess that LDS are just like the other ignorant sheepish followers of false religions.

I really do write with love. I long to free you from the evil superstitions that have plagued mankind for centuries.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 7:13:23 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 7:18:01 PM PST
jpl says:
Who does your religion hate?

jpl: As an atheist, I hate nobody for their religious beliefs. I'm glad I live in a country in which all religions are "supposed" to be equally accepted. Though I have compassion for all, because I view all people as innocent, regardless of their actions, I have zero tolerance for religion itself.

Religion helps dictate social mores. After yesteday, we could have seen a much more open society, but I doubt that will happen because of the hardnosed opposition of the House and Senate.

Boner boozer was proud to announce, after the inevitable defeat of Romney, that he would allow no tax escalations. Four more years of gridlock will destroy the country economically, and possibly blow it away. Though I have nothing against Obama, his weak foreign policy, and spending without paying, are his weaknesses.

On the other hand, had Romney been voted in, we'd still see gridlock. We'll see a dramatic change in America in the next four years if the country survives that long.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 6:53:50 PM PST
Astrocat says:
Chameleon, I wholly agree that the nature of the god of this solar system is Love, the second divine aspect.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 6:41:42 PM PST
Bill McLean says:
In reply to your post on Nov 5, 2012 11:02:36 PM PST

Not a problem. It is probable that the Book of Mormon disavows this biblical story anyway. You know, conflicts between the Bible and the Book of Mormon, are always judged in favor or the Book of Mormon.

I've been told that the LDS is not THE true religion by a woman married to a LDS husband. But what do I know? I think that all organized religions are toxic and very damaging to humanity.

You, however, may be just an innocent dupe. (No insult intended.) (Truly.)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 11:02:36 PM PST
I am sorry, but a search on terms "twelve" "wives" "Benjamin" "marry" "married" simply isn't coming up with any results. Was the Bible you read the KJV? Or some other?

Regardless. You claimed that ALL Mormons knew these verses. I am case in point, that this is NOT true. In this modern day and age, LDS marry age 18 or older (21 in my case). Why would be be interested memorizing an alleged verse otherwise?

Brother Niv

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:43:42 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 10:51:08 PM PST
Bill McLean says:
In reply to your post on Nov 5, 2012 9:50:31 PM PST
Church of Jesus Christ of LDS are Christian

I don't remember the Old Testament text exactly. This rule was set for the tribe of Benjamin. They had murdered a servant girl who was offered to them as a substitute for a young sexy Jewish man named (I don't remember). He cut her dead body into four parts and sent each part in different directions. This attracted other tribes who were outraged and subsequently almost destroyed the entire tribe of Benjamin. Only at the last minute did they elect to spare the few survivors. Then it was directed that girls, as young as twelve, be taken as wives. This was to save the tribe of Benjamin.

I'm sorry LDS that I forgot the scripture by book, chapter, and verse. But I did at least read it, which I must guess you must have not. I mean, this is a very interesting biblical story. If you had read it you surely would remember.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:26:54 PM PST
Bill McLean says:
Reply to Nancy Davison:

You say " . . . a matter of personal experience."

That is my point. Organized religions do not know god. Knowing god is a matter of personal experience. God cannot be explained. God is felt in the fullness of our being. God is LOVE.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 9:55:13 PM PST
Bill McLean says:
I actually have only one truth to share with all of you: All organized religions are false religions. God cannot be described with words. Those who ask people to believe because "it is written" are all lairs. Shame on all of them. They are cutting mankind off from experiencing the one true god - LOVE.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:50:31 PM PST
Chameleon's post:
You believe (maybe) that god changes his mind about fundamental issues like marriage to twelve year old little girls? This is sick.
===========================
Since God hasn't set age 12 as marriage age in the Bible. Nor has he set age 18 in these ole United Sates. How am I sick?

Atypical anti-mormon, you push a fabricated belief on me as thou I believe it. If anyone is sick, it's you.

Brother Niv

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:38:13 PM PST
Bill McLean says:
Reply to Church of Jesus Christ of LDS are Christian:

You say: "Even if the Bible states marriage at 12 is OK, I am not really sure if it's relevant today, as laws and customs today are different than those 3,000 years ago."

You are not really sure if this is relevant today? You believe (maybe) that god changes his mind about fundamental issues like marriage to twelve year old little girls? This is sick.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:12:36 PM PST
Astrocat says:
I don't know, Chameleon, but just saying it doesn't seem to get through to them. I guess for each of us it's a matter of personal experience.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:11:16 PM PST
Bill McLean says:
Reply to Nancy Davison:

Right on, Nancy:

Using a scapegoat is biblical. If people don't believe in using a scapegoat they are not religious Jews, Muslims, or Christians. Especially this applies to Christians. They believe that the son of god can be the scapegoat for all the sins of the world. Jews and Muslims believe that killing animals and ordinary people is better restitution. Of course, Muslims prefer to kill women and gay men.

What kind of fool does it take to believe in words just because they are written?

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 11:14:46 AM PDT
"Religion" is a big umbrella and all kinds can seek the shelter of it. Sects within a religion can believe all kinds of things. The hierarchy in a religion can advocate various doctrines and claim authority, and denominations can be more or less inclusive and more or less rejecting.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 10:42:58 AM PDT
Astrocat says:
Niv, there are, as you probably know, all kinds of apocrypha about the life of Mary. It probably came from one of those.

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 5:44:12 AM PDT
Alan says:
Some, but not all, religions hate hatred. We all have our own ideas as to which religion belongs to which category.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 11:21:59 PM PDT
Mary's age isn't mention in the Bible however. I wonder where that came from?

Brother Niv

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 11:19:31 PM PDT
Thanks Nancy.

Brother Niv

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 10:47:56 PM PDT
JOHN DOE says:
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Religion forum
Participants:  39
Total posts:  185
Initial post:  Oct 5, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions