Ludeteros Ludos says:
The religion of the Humoristians has developed to be, and perhaps always was, basically Socratic. Modern Humoristians often cite the famous saying "Where Jesus never laughed, Socrates never cried." Its members are all also accomplished dialecticians in the manner of the old Greek; visit the museums which contain the original documents of the religion, called "forum threads" and you will dialogues to rival those of Leibniz and Locke.
While the Humoristian religion does not specifically exclude Christians, many find its attitude to be fundamentally counter to the seriousness of their faith. What is most remarkable about the Humoristians, however, is that after some centuries of their predominance in North America and Europe, very little laughter remains in their ceremonies, held at comedy clubs all over the country. This is not to say that their services are not funny and hugely entertaining, only that the humor has become increasingly dry, eliciting wry looks and chuckles more often then ecstatic laughter. Some have speculated that there is a more significant relationship between the "religion of weeping" and the "religion of laughter" then was previously thought. Regardless, many suggest the Humoristians represent perhaps the greatest philosophical experiment in the history of man kind, owing to their rapid expansion as a church, and to their tendency not to commit quite as many atrocities as the other ideologies of history.
At the founding of the church on August 20, 2007, these 5 tenets were provided for the one true fallacious faith:
1) You must be able to laugh at yourself.
2) You must be able to recognize how ludicrous your beliefs might appear to others.
3) You must want nothing but good for everyone, everywhere in the universe. (Editor's note: Don't let this one scare you. None of us is quite there, yet.)
4) You must have a natural aversion to meetings, committees, and scheduled events (as we will be having none of those).
5) You must enjoy the humor of Monty Python, the Marx Bros., Lucille Ball, Jon Stewart, Steven Colbert, and Tom Lehrer, (if you're a Jerry Lewis kind of guy, you might want to think about starting your own religion - although we wish you nothing but good)
Recent discussions in the Religion forum
AnnouncementAmazon Discussions Feedback Forum
|1650||5 days ago|
|Art & Spirituality||555||36 minutes ago|
|Even if There Were a 'God,' No Human Could Know It||2617||50 minutes ago|
|nondualism||356||1 hour ago|
|Life||867||1 hour ago|
|All Religion||3||2 hours ago|
|Noah's Ark - the "WTH?"Thread||171||2 hours ago|
|One-sentence Nonsense Deepities for Fun and Prophet||348||2 hours ago|
|Today in Muslim History||8613||2 hours ago|
|What would Christ say about Atheists Who Deny God and deny Him? What would Christ say about Crooked Hillary's Abortion Promotion, Lies, Pay to Play Profiteering, Not following the Rules, Silly Dyed Light Blond Hair, and her Muslim Brotherhood Woman?||103||4 hours ago|
|Creationism is Sad||535||5 hours ago|
|Why did those who are now atheists leave Christianity?||6832||6 hours ago|