Customer Discussions > Religion forum

Pray away the gay? Choose gay?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 129 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 19, 2012 12:44:08 PM PDT
Jack Vix says:
Does anyone believe that a gay person can become straight by choice? By praying?

I don't think praying works because I pray to the Devil every night to make me gay and I feel nothing sexual for men still. It can't be a choice, I would totally choose gay.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2012 1:11:08 PM PDT
Bubba says:
You just haven't found the right man. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2012 4:51:15 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 19, 2012 4:53:04 PM PDT
tokolosi says:
Maybe you gotta, you know, do the deed... and then the attraction will follow.

(Sort of like one of the Christian tactics for the skeptic: just go through the motions and eventually you'll actually believe.)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2012 7:54:45 PM PDT
Jack Vix,

Tell me why you want to be gay? Bad marriage, or just too many fickle gals?

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 7:58:43 PM PDT
DRM says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 8:24:45 PM PDT
tokolosi says:
Is someone missing sarcasm or irony here?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2012 8:32:58 PM PDT
Astrocat says:
No - is it dripping again?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2012 11:41:02 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 19, 2012 11:41:58 PM PDT
Joe Anthony says:
Reed N.D. Dark says to Jack Vix:

"Tell me why you want to be gay? Bad marriage, or just too many fickle gals?"

I say:

It's called liberal homophobia. He can't take a positive and affirmative stance on gay rights without first letting the world know how straight he is. As if to say:

"I'm all for gay people, but I , of course, am as straight as an arrow."

When it comes to sexuality, men are obviously very insecure.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 8:00:50 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 5, 2012 8:01:13 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 8:04:29 AM PST
Jack Vix says:
Haha :)

Just believe and then you'll believe. That's the power of the Gay.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 8:06:14 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 5, 2012 8:07:38 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 8:09:10 AM PST
Jack Vix says:
Perhaps...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 8:12:37 AM PST
Jack Vix says:
Fickle gals? Absolutely. And gays seem to be happy as hell in their communities. They're all around what they're sexually interested in all the time and more open and honest about sex. It seems to be a much nicer, less repressed portion of society. Problem is it's not, because I'm not into that...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 8:18:43 AM PST
Jack Vix says:
I'm saying I would like to be gay, how could this possibly be insecure? And I'm liberal-ish, but I would never call myself one.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 8:22:43 AM PST
Yep

I tried that prayer too - I prayed to God to make me straight but after decades of crying and agonising about it in prayer the answer I got was -NO
I was born gay. God said He knew me before I was born. I had to accept it, embrace it and live with it, and learn from it. It part of becoming FULLY ME.
That worked for me!
:-)

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 8:41:14 AM PST
Alan says:
I see no difference between a gay person praying to be straight and, for instance a white person praying to be black, or a short person praying to be tall. These are all normal and equal variants in the richness of humanity. Presumably someone who prays would believe in a Creator God, and must accept that all people are created by that God in the way that he sees fit. To pray for change to one's essential nature as determined by God would be an insult to that God, and in this specific case an insult to gay people. It would be much preferable to pray for the ending of prejudice and discrimination, and for the ability to love unconditionally our fellow travellers in this vale of tears.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:42:13 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 9:44:24 AM PST
Jack Vix says:
You needed an imaginary friend to tell you that you liked sex with other dudes? I just knew innately from the start that I liked sex with females because I found myself not attracted to males in that way. Of course, no one confused me by telling me my nature is wrong, that's terrible. Becoming fully yourself is the best feeling. When you have insecurities or secrets they weigh you down so much.

That's another reason I wish I was gay, so I could come out.

You can't pray the gay away anymore than you can sodomize the religion away, as you've demonstrated. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 4:35:07 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 4:36:42 AM PST
Exactly Jack
:-)

I suspect there has to be more to it than just judging or condemning being gay.
In the life between lives we are BOTH male and female. Its about becoming FULLY OURSELVES we are born gay and straight, male and female. Embracing our sexuality, our sexual identity is all part of it. I spent a large part of my earlier life rejecting it. I had lessons to learn about who I am.
Blessings

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 6:38:26 AM PST
D. Mulhollen says:
I missed Orientation Decision Day at school--chicken pox, I believe--and so never got to actually fill out the choice form. But I would like to know how the form was set up. Were there two boxes? Three? More? Also how stringent are the choices, is a "youthful indiscretion" not an issue, or does walking down the street humming a Village People song condemn you to eternal damnation? Anyway, I consider myself less straight/more gay than Tim Tebow, but the reverse regarding Sir Elton John, but wishing I could play the piano as well. Trade-off, I guess.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:45:39 AM PST
Jack Vix says:
Well, technically we are all born female and then some of us become males. I don't know how it works with sexuality but we're not both genders or gay and straight, that makes no sense. What do you even mean?

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 10:21:17 AM PST
I'm always told that Jesus loves me... maybe if he would show up we could hook up. Is Jesus trying to make me gay?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 12:12:46 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 7, 2012 1:40:20 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 1:33:13 PM PST
Ariex says:
tokolosi says: "Maybe you gotta, you know, do the deed... and then the attraction will follow."

Ariex: Maybe you gotta eat raw sewage...and then you'll develop a taste for it. Not trying to bash gays here, just pointing out that to many straight fellows, the idea of gay sex is repulsive. A gay man would probably not be able to comprehend this.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 1:43:08 PM PST
Alan says:
Ariex

I do not think gays do anything physically that straight people do not do. Heterosexual couples also engage in anal sex if that is what gives them pleasure.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 2:15:10 PM PST
Jack,

Are you sure you are describing all gay communities, and not just the guys???
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Religion forum
Participants:  36
Total posts:  129
Initial post:  Oct 19, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions