Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now May4th
Customer Discussions > Religion forum

Reincarnation

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 300 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 25, 2012 12:14:14 PM PST
1104 says:
Do you believe in Reincarnation? Or do you believe that when this life is over, you go to one of the two H's? Or do you believe that when you die, that's it, nothing else, zip, nada, adios, bon voyage, adieu, you're outta here?

There is a new and totally unique theory that has recently been published answering these questions. "The Intelligent LifeCycle Theory" is the latest book by Thomas O. Mitchell. The 482 page book describes how, why, when where and how often we humans get reincarnated.

To assist in formulating your thoughts concerning the above questions, check out "The Intelligent LifeCycle Theory" on these websites:

http://www.ILCTheory.com
http://www.Amazon.com
http://www.BarnesAndNoble.com

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 12:18:24 PM PST
I don't believe in reincarnation, but it still is a great concept. I quit worrying about if there's an afterlife, because it took up so much time of the life I had now, and nobody can really know, for sure, imo.

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 12:36:29 PM PST
1104 says:
The ILC Theory explains how reincarnation actually functions in all of its ramifications, from pre-birth, to Intelligent Life, to life-after-death. "The Intelligent LifeCycle Theory" is based on science, mathematical probabilities, logic, common sense and the natural laws of the Universe, instead of pure faith, myth or magic. The Theory provides a credible analysis of our origins as Intelligent Beings. And more importantly, it explains what happens to us after this life is over.

The book is featured on their own website:
http://www.ILCTheory.com

Previews of the book are also featured on Amazon.com at:
The Intelligent LifeCycle Theory

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 12:36:43 PM PST
'probabilist says:
1104 asked:

> Do you believe in Reincarnation?

I don't consider it to be a verifiable concept.

'prob

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 12:37:34 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 25, 2012 12:38:09 PM PST
'probabilist says:
By the way, Tom, Amazon provides other mechanisms for promoting your own book, and frowns upon using these discussion forums for that purpose.

'prob

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 12:47:39 PM PST
1104 says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 12:59:45 PM PST
He's been spamming this everywhere, but now he has decided to a start a dedicated thread.

Why won't Amazon enforce its own restrictions in this instance?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 1:05:33 PM PST
1104 says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 1:12:40 PM PST
1104 says:
Buck, I have not been spamming. These are legitimate comments on legitimate subjects. Please excuse my using this forum and others to feature the book that supports answers to such questions.

Sorry folks for my ignorance in blogging ettiquette.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 1:12:55 PM PST
"Got nothing for you, I had nothing before
Don't even have anything for myself anymore
Sky full of fire, came pouring down
Nothing you can sell me, I'll see you around."

Mississippi
Bob Dylan

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 1:15:43 PM PST
1104, you're completely missing the point. There is nothing wrong with your views on reincarnation. Okay? Nothing wrong with it. There's nothing wrong with discussing reincarnation; it *is* an important concept.

The problem is you're publicizing your own book which is against amazon's guidelines. And yes, you are spamming because you're publicizing your own book on multiple threads.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 1:26:28 PM PST
1104 says:

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 1:33:21 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 8:06:30 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2015 8:19:12 PM PST
Jeff Marzano says:
1104 says:

[Do you believe in Reincarnation ?]

Do you ?

Who were you in a past life and how did you find out about this ?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 10:58:24 AM PST
I was Marie Antoinette's poodle, then I was a slug, then I was Edgar Cayce and now, ME!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 11:17:50 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2012 11:19:30 AM PST
Astrocat says:
I certainly accept reincarnation. I've studied it, had my own experiences with remembrances of past lives, in fact this year my Christmas book to the family is titled "Lives", and consists of quite a few impression I've had of some of my past lives, along with a few remarks from other teachers and my own preface, with my understandings. This is from the preface: (Amazon, please note: this is not a published book, so I am not promoting it!)

"It's my understanding that everyone reincarnates, that no one is exempt, that reincarnation and karma go together in a symbiotic relationship. Reincarnation is known by some as the Law of Cyclic Return and karma as the Law of Cause and Effect. The unfinished business mentioned above has to do with responsibilities unfulfilled in previous lifetimes, understandings that didn't unfold for one reason or another. Karma means, literally, "action", and each action results in a reaction. The law of karma/Cause and Effect, offers us an opportunity to change, to achieve goals that may take more than one lifetime. Each new incarnation is a gift, another chance to move forward and to leave the old, unrewarding attitudes and actions behind. The people we meet and interact with during any given lifetime can help or hinder us, just as we can help or hinder them. As we burn off old karma and cease to create new karma, we come closer and closer to exiting this Wheel of Rebirth, or "Samsara" as it's called. The opposite of Samsara is Liberation, and that's where we're all headed as we continue to reincarnate, learn our lessons and work off our karma."

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 12:07:25 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2012 12:09:05 PM PST
Nancy, have you read any Phillip K Dick, particularly his later work?

He theorises that all time exists concurrently, and we can travel between persona's in any revealed timeline.

His explanation is much more comprehensive and detailed, but I think that gives a feel of the gist of it.

Anyhoo, I'm just wondering, what aspect of consciousness do you feel does the "travelling". I would prefer that you didn't say "soul", as I am more interested in what aspect you consider drives drives the soul.

Thank you in advance.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 12:20:02 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2012 12:23:38 PM PST
Astrocat says:
Buck, I've never been attracted to Dick's work for some reason. What you're talking about sound a little like "The Education of Oversoul Seven". Interesting book, but I've never been completely convinced that that's how things work. Still, I really don't know, and the processes of reincarnation are certainly more subtle and probably more varied than we have any inkling of. Which books of his would you recommend?

As to what aspect of consciousness does the "traveling" from one incarnation to another. Well, of course I would say "soul", because that's been the term I've used for years. I could, I suppose say "Middle Principle", because that's really what it boils down to. There's Spirit, or the First Aspect, which manifests Itself through the Middle Principle or Second Aspect, which, in turn, creates the form through which it will be expressed in any given incarnation. As it follows, that body is the Third Aspect, or the personality, actually the etheric body, the matrix for the dense physical.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 12:27:16 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2012 12:27:38 PM PST
>>Which books of his would you recommend?<<

That's a tough one because he's theories are scattered over a number of his later books, but I would defintely direct you first to:

The Valis Trilogy. Valis, The Divine Invasion, the Transmigration of Timothy Archer

I can understand your attitude to his work as his output is quite sprawling and not always of the highest quality, if only because of the sheer rate at which he was churning it out.

He suffered from severe hypergraphia, after all.

But there are some absolute gems scattered in amongst his work.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 12:29:42 PM PST
Astrocat says:
Buck, "hypergraphia", good one. I would have said "rabbit writer", but it's probably the same thing. I'll check at the second hand book store next time I'm there. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 12:34:08 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2012 12:38:08 PM PST
I suppose what I'm getting at with the whole "not soul" thing is that, from my perspective, reincarnation is an aspect of the egos extreme desire to continue existing.

Therefore, to my way of thinking the ego invests a lot into the notion of its continued existence, and strives to great lengths in an attempt to discover some "loophole" in the system that ensures its continuity.

I hope that all makes some kind of sense.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 12:42:09 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2012 12:43:22 PM PST
Eek....I just looked at the price it was going for on Amazon.

Hoo boy.

I would definitely recommend you don't spend THAT much on it.

You'll get a lot from just reading the reviews.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 1:00:22 PM PST
Astrocat says:
Okay, Buck, I don't see it that way - surprise! I think we, as Soul, incarnate not because it's the only way to "continue existing". In fact, I think we are much more conscious when we're not incarnating. Coming into these physical bodies is a sacrifice, and not in any way a gift. We do it because it has to be done and we choose this path to spiritualize the whole of the material world. At least that's my take. There is a book you might enjoy - or not, of course, titled "Saving the World: The Spiritualization of Matter, by Henry Guy. There are some interesting review on Amazon, to give you an idea of what it's about. I've just ordered a replacement copy, since the one I loaned out never came back.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 1:18:12 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2012 1:19:49 PM PST
I'm struggling with what "part" of consciousness we are referring to.

If it is acquired information, that is already being transferred through DNA.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 1:21:55 PM PST
jpl says:
Reincarnation

jpl: When you die, you're dead. That's why it's called death. No "soul," no "spirit," no afterlife of any kind. Such a notion is ridiculous.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Religion forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Religion forum
Participants:  31
Total posts:  300
Initial post:  Dec 25, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 13, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions