Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Iron Maiden $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Gear Up for Football Deal of the Day
Customer Discussions > Religion forum

What is "hate"?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 32 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 9, 2013 8:26:24 AM PST
Sir Pugsly says:
The Bible says that God hates evil. Therefore, is hate evil?

I believe that "hate" can be described as a "spiritual desire to destroy".

A materialist worldview can reduce humanity to animals and work to erradicate all "differences" in men and women, children and parents. animals and people....etc...etc.

Materialism is, ofcourse, non-spiritual and precludes "hate" as a physical disorder of some individuals who happened to think in certain patterns--religious types.

As our society becomes more materialist in its overarching philosophy....those who acknowledge "differences" are more and more marginalized as "haters".

How would you describe "hate" ?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2013 10:15:42 AM PST
Jeff Marzano says:
E. Boyd says:

[How would you describe "hate" ?]

I was watching a TV show called Gangland on the Spike channel yesterday. They aired an episode where they chose the most notorious people that have appeared or been talked about on Gangland.

The most notorious hater is a guy by the name of Tom Metzger. Metzger founded an organization called the White Aryan Resistance (WAR). He calls himself the Johnny Appleseed of the White Supremacist movement. Metzger has spent his life planting the seeds of racial hatred in the minds of young people. He says those seeds have grown to maturity now and there's going to be a civil war in the United States.

People in those types of organizations get Nazi themed tattoos like portraits of Hitler and Himmler, the SS lightning bolts, and the Swastika.

This is all very dangerous because the demons become involved when people choose to hate others based on race and religion. Their wrath is not something that people like to experience. Anger and hate will become self destructive forces for an individual just as they did for Hitler and his pals.

In many cases the people who get involved in those types of organizations are already screwed up losers.

I don't think many people would disagree that racial hatred was taken to its ultimate extreme during World War II with the Holocaust. Not that the soldiers on the two sides exactly liked each other.

Hell is probably pure hate. We cannot imagine how horrible this truly is. Hell is the unfathomable darkness that can only exist in the hearts of the truly evil in whatever forms it takes.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2013 10:43:55 AM PST
try the atheist forum
they might care about your disruptive krapp

Posted on Mar 9, 2013 12:50:02 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 9, 2013 12:50:45 PM PST
Jeff Marzano says:
This crude hypocrite horse is an excellent example of how the negative energy that is caused by a closed, myopic mind can begin to consume a person. His comments are becoming increasingly egotistical and toxic with each passing day and we can sense that some sort of terrible anger which has been simmering just below the surface may explode at any moment.

He utters his terse and (to him) unquestionable pronouncements about what is and is not appropriate for a discussion topic. He complains bitterly if anyone says something in a discussion which he feels belongs somewhere else.

But most of all Horse's Ass is our resident Catholic Church hater.

Anger. Hate. Bigotry. Greed. Lust. Hypocrisy. As I said these things can start to consume a person and eat them alive.

That's why the Catholic Church has The Seven Deadly Sins.

Customer Discussions > Catholic forum

you ***know*** the rcc is the whore of babylon in revelation

andthehorseirodeinontoo? says:

why dont you leave and rejoin the true church that the rcc left 1700 years ago to team up with roman emperors to mutually gain power and wealth.

even pope benny admits you all stole pagan holidays to use.
you know the pope lies - the bible proves that.

rcc tortured and killed thousands of people.
they still are buggering boys and covering it up.

you should reject the whore of babylon and leave now.

Posted on Mar 9, 2013 11:14:20 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 9, 2013 11:15:45 PM PST
I would say that for the perpetrator(s), hate is the brandishing of a correct nasty attitude towards an incorrect nasty behaviour.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013 1:32:54 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 10, 2013 1:34:51 AM PST
Hate is a feeling that people have sometimes. Just like love, only not as fun.
There is absolutely nothing "spiritual" or "magical" about it.
Stop asking silly questions.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013 7:27:40 AM PDT
Ambulocetus says:
"A materialist worldview can reduce humanity to animals and work to erradicate all 'differences' in men and women, children and parents. animals and people....etc...etc."

Materialists don't know the difference between men and women? hwat?

Three interesting things about hate:
1) we can dislike or disrespect this or that, but in order to truly HATE something, that thing has to reveal something about yourself which you despise. This is why every third gay-bashing ultraconservative is himself (they are ALWAYS men) gay. It is also why the Southern Poverty Law Center's newsletter has several stories each year of some hate-group leader being revealed as losing credibility with his group (they are ALWAYS men) because of a Hispanic or black grandmother or grandfather.

2) Hate of the sort which fuels zealous social movements is almost always a masculine thing (the leaders of such organizations are ALWAYS men).

3) Hate and the actions which spring from it lead to more hate on the part of people harmed by those actions. Just look at the hatred directed at the funeral-picketers at the Westboro Baptist Church. This is what made both Jesus and MLK Jr. so revolutionary: they saw this, and sought to short-circuit it.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013 2:54:30 PM PDT
Sir Pugsly says:
Daniel......the erradication of differences is the fastest way to an EQUAL SOCIETY.....which is the goal of many, many people.
If you see no differences you are "good' and if you acknowledge differences...you are a "hater".
That is how the President of Harvard University (Summers) was forced out a couple years ago....after he claimed their might be a difference between men and women's brains.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013 3:17:02 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 10, 2013 3:21:54 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013 4:07:51 PM PDT
Conley Thorn says:
E. BOYD: I believe that "hate" can be described as a "spiritual desire to destroy".

A materialist worldview can reduce humanity to animals and work to erradicate all "differences" in men and women, children and parents. animals and people....etc...etc.

THORN: As you seem to acknowledge, materialism is not equatable with hate. You might call it bohemianism, or epicurianism, or even hedonism, but hate is not an aspect of materialism. Yet you apparently want to accuse the meterialistic approach to life as the guilty party in the marginilization of dimwitted religionists, dreamy traditionalists and Colonel Blimp conservatives, and thereby--as you seem to be saying--inciting hate by those so marginilazed toward the greater society. Is this not you complaint?

Well, let me distort an apocraphal commant by one of my favorite historical ladies: Let them all have a little cake, and then we'll see which of the groups enjoyed it most.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013 4:10:03 PM PDT
it can be fun

you are supposed to hate evil

so wouldnt that double negative itself to fun ?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013 4:11:28 PM PDT
nonsense

baby bush is the most evil man to ever live
you should HATE him

that only reveals that we dont like being screwed over

wouldnt you hate hving a sharp stick poked in your eye

hate reveals the evil of the hatee
and only thing about the hater is that they are sane and logical

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013 4:22:27 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 10, 2013 4:23:01 PM PDT
nameinuse says:
Something you cant tolerate....like when brussel sprouts give you a gag reflex and their cabbagey smell alone makes you nauseous.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013 4:27:43 PM PDT
nameinuse says:
Or like when someone insists on talking about nothing but their "look at me, I cant eat gluten" problem so most of anyone's interaction with them is scouring food labels looking for gluten OR talking about the gas and adhd it gives them. Oh the virtues of quinoa.

Hate that.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013 4:28:33 PM PDT
nameinuse says:
Spider veins. Hate 'em.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013 4:30:38 PM PDT
nameinuse says:
Tosh.O. Ever since they showed popping tha giant back zit on that dude.

Wont watch it. Hate it.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013 4:32:00 PM PDT
nameinuse says:
Gauged ears. Ew.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013 4:35:40 PM PDT
nameinuse says:
Oh when youre trying to take a bath and your spouse comes in and uses the toilet.

Trying to get clean here, okay?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013 4:38:43 PM PDT
nameinuse says:
Trying to resolve ANY billing problem with a call center in India.

In other words, ATT mostly.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013 4:53:19 PM PDT
Bill McLean says:
E. Boyd says: How would you describe "hate" ?

Hate is the emotional opposite of love. Like love hate exists on various conciseness levels, types, and with variable intensities. Hate is not necessarily evil. There even exists the love/hate syndrome - the mixture of both emotions toward a single person, place or thing. For example, a mother can love her son, but hate that he is gay. People are funny that way.

Note that hate is an emotion that is only possible for creatures that have evolved BEYOND the level of simple self awareness. Lesser creatures have no understanding of hate - they exist only to survive and reproduce - though some may express affection (the beginnings of love). This is still not hate but just protection of one's perceived property.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013 4:58:52 PM PDT
nameinuse says:
Thanks Bill, now its all become so perfectly clear.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013 5:04:12 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 11, 2013 7:50:09 AM PDT
Conley Thorn says:
E. BOYD: As our society becomes more materialist in its overarching philosophy....those who acknowledge "differences" are more and more marginalized as "haters".
How would you describe "hate" ?

THORN: Permit me to clue you in. All very successful societies--Babylonian, Persian, Greek, Roman, Brittish, American--once they are wealthy and dominant, become more permissive, and eventually--to varying degree, of course, depending on societal peculiarities--rather hedonistic. In this latter phase of their dominance, they become more vulnerable to the ambitions of their envious, and hungrier, and therefor more moralistically inspired competitors for the riches of the Earth, and every such glorious empire must inevitably fall to Gideon's mythical trumpet.

The smartest thing James Carville (Clinton's political advisor) ever said--or ever can--was "It's the economy, stupid!" It's always the economy. That's why politics; that's why war; that's why empires rise and fall. That's why unwed mothers in the U.S. no longer have to risk death by coat hanger to avoid deadly sin and social ostracism. As good sense and humanity increase in a successful society, envy and hatred and fanaticism increase among its competitors. And there, my friend, is the explanation of your problem with materialism.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013 7:50:25 PM PDT
Bill McLean says:
nameinuse says:
Thanks Bill, now its all become so perfectly clear.

My Reply: I expected this sarcasm. Describe what you think is hate is a childish question. I assumed that the question was asked by a sincere child, but I also knew that some smarties would make fun of my answer. That's okay.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013 7:55:39 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 10, 2013 7:59:40 PM PDT
nameinuse says:
Who's making fun?
Cool answer: hate is something only evolved beings feel.

Because we're awesome.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013 9:01:51 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 10, 2013 9:05:40 PM PDT
Bill McLean says:
Conley Thorn says: "So stop whacking off in the toilet and start trying to seduce that lucious little lass in the choir you've been lusting for. Like you, she's probably dexparate to be liberated."

My Reply: You are right that it is collapsed economies that cause otherwise successful and strong nations to collapse. But you are otherwise way off course. And I don't mean your spelling. You touch on a single point and then you go wack-o.

Rather than let yourself go nuts you should have also mentioned why national economies fail. It's not too difficult to understand. The reason is that all nations are formed by growth. They start out with a few people in a soil rich environment that can support more people. Then the population grows, and grows and grows. As growth increases demands for goods and services increases. Original founders appear to be the first to become rich. People who have more money than they can use become eager to invest that extra money in expected continuation of growth. The cry from borrowers is "have your money work for you and get really wealthy." And this works fine, as long as the nation continues to expand. But when expansion even slows down, the very infrastructure starts to give way due to governmental tightening of the national spending. The wealthy stop investing in growth and start hiding their wealth to avoid taxation. Then there are less and less jobs and a greater demand for less goods and services - So the cost of goods and services increase. Additionally their can occur unexpected natural disasters that makes matters worse. Eventually governments can't pay even the interest on their loans and hungry people will start rioting in the streets. After a few months of this recreation the good times will be over. Then come the wars.

I have grossly oversimplified, and I have left much to the imagination.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Religion forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  32
Initial post:  Mar 9, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 11, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions