Customer Discussions > Religion forum

National Rifle Association (NRA) is EVIL!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 403 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 16, 2012 5:30:55 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 21, 2012 6:16:00 PM PST
I've always opposed the evil National Rifle Association (NRA) and the d'evil Wayne LaPierre. I went on their Facebook page last month and called them all "ungodly" and "having to answer to GOD and His Christ for their evil ways". "You are culpable in every shooting death in the US while only caring about how much money you can make from gun manufacturers, gun retailers, and gun advocates while you spread fear and hate." They reported my comments as spam and I was banned from commenting on any Facebook pages. Wow! What a sick country the US is.

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 10:31:43 PM PST
Jenn D. says:
How is the NRA "evil" or "ungodly"? I get that they want to ensure that the Second Amendment of the US constitution remains in effect in the widest possible terms but that does not make them evil. Nor does it make them liable for shooting deaths in the U.S. The reality is that bad people will shoot good people, bad people, and in between people. Legal right to carry or not, bad people will still own guns. For the record, I am not a member of the NRA nor do I own any guns.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 8:46:19 AM PST
Brian Curtis says:
I agree that they're evil.

But why is this on the Religion forum?

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 1:01:00 PM PST
Westward Ho! says:
They're not evil. They're just clueless b-stards who don't know any better. Anyone think the NRA would have a chance of becoming such a powerful lobbyist if they started it in today's world? Not a chance. Hunting animals with a 12-gage is one thing. Hunting children with semi-automatic weapons is ludicrous and indefensible. NRA has gone so far over the top that they think relenting on semi-automatic weapons would diminish their power as a group. Blind, bull-headed, and simply moronic. They should be classified as a hate group. Or maybe learning disabled. Guns do kill people. Idiots.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 3:24:03 PM PST
Rubedo says:
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/07/mass-shootings-map?page=1

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 6:52:42 PM PST
Jenn D.,

They really don't care about anything or anybody other than making alot of money. If that means 14,000 Americans got shot and killed last year, they love that! That means gun and ammo sales are up! They do care about the children and teachers shot at Sandy Hook Elementary - they are glad it happened! Gun and ammo sales are up! Membership to the NRA is up! They are EVIL!! Wake up!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 6:54:39 PM PST
Brian,

It has been the purpose of religion around the world since we were cavemen to separate GOOD (GOD) & EVIL (D'EVIL) and guide us towards GOD/GOOD.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 6:56:24 PM PST
Westward Wo,

WRONG! They're evil and they know they are. They are just like slave-owners in the 1850s; they knew slavery was evil, but they only cared about the money!!

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 7:04:03 PM PST
Most gun-owners love guns! They love how loud and powerful they feel when they shoot them. They love the fact that they possess the ability to kill someone - anyone they choose. They wait for a reason to use their guns. If they can't find a 'good' excuse for shooting someone, they'll concoct one. Gun-owners are evil and loving killing! They're sick. They hate and they think about shooting people daily like I think about shooting some golf. They are often drinkers as well. What an evil combination: drunk and having a gun nearby.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:26:00 PM PST
John M. Lane says:
Hello Brad Watson, Miami,

I disagree with you about the National Rifle Association being EVIL. I've been a Life Member of the NRA for nearly five decades and am curious about your post. You seem to be excusing the actual murderers and blaming us instead.

If anybody is spreading "fear and hate", it appears to be you, not us.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:50:06 PM PST
Astrocat says:
Brad, if there is any group that is "evil" in any sense it is indeed the NRA. They are hand in glove with gun manufacturers, so while they are ostensibly fighting for "freedom", what they're really after is profit. Anyone who would promote the sale of guns is promoting murder.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:59:16 PM PST
John M. Lane says:
The NRA has never promoted "murder," Nancy Davison. It supports law enforcement and firearms safety.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 8:35:14 PM PST
Astrocat says:
John, the NRA promotes guns. People with guns murder other people. The two go hand in hand.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 8:51:34 PM PST
jpl says:
I'm in favor of banning all assault weapons, rifles, and handguns.

To keep the deer population down, people can use compound bows, which will also afford them the pleasure of enjoying target-shooting competition (and requires more skill).

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 8:53:18 PM PST
John M. Lane says:
You're incorrect, Nancy Davison. The NRA promotes the shooting sports. It also supports law enforcement and the military and it opposes murder and other criminal activity.

Have you ever read the NRA's official journal, THE AMERICAN RIFLEMAN?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 8:53:57 PM PST
Astrocat says:
jpl, you think it's our responsibility to keep the deer population down? Where does that idea come from? Oh, yeah, it must come from the minds of hunters and is surely a way to permit them to kill animals with no guilt. Sheesh!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 8:54:34 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 8:55:56 PM PST
John M. Lane says:
There was a classroom murder in Casper, Wyoming, recently in which a bow was used, jpl. The murderer drove all the way from Connecticut.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 8:57:22 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 8:58:56 PM PST
You remember the NRA that my exhusband belonged to back in the 1960's & 70's. The NRA is a lobbying organization. My exhusband left the NRA because, according to him, "it has gotten way to crazy" for him. He became very concerned about the values and beliefs that it began promoting that had nothing to do with fire arms safety. Law enforcement has had to leave NRa since it no longer represents the values & safety of law enforcement.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 9:00:16 PM PST
Astrocat says:
That's a fair point, Kathleen. The NRA of today is certainly not interested in teaching gun safety, but in gaining political power and making lots of money for its sponsors.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 9:00:36 PM PST
John M. Lane says:
I'm a retired Chief of Police, Kathleen M. Pelley. I haven't heard anything about law enforcement leaving the NRA.

In fact, the NRA offers a lot of training and education to law enforcement. I joined the NRA in the 60s and am a Life Member.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 9:01:38 PM PST
John M. Lane says:
The NRA has a number of gun safety programs, Nancy Davison. It's active in teaching gun safety insofar as I've seen.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 9:03:40 PM PST
Astrocat says:
Looking at your profile I can see where your loyalties are. Bye now.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 9:05:55 PM PST
John M. Lane says:
Have a good evening, Nancy Davison.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 9:09:50 PM PST
jpl says:
No $#!+.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 1:11:33 AM PST
R.M. says:
So by your logic, churches are evil because they benefit when bad things happen. People looking for answers will go to the church. Attendance is up and the offering plate is more full.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Religion forum
Participants:  42
Total posts:  403
Initial post:  Dec 16, 2012
Latest post:  9 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions