Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now May4th
Customer Discussions > Religion forum

Jesus's Unholy influence

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 160 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 11, 2012 11:00:17 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 11, 2012 12:36:00 PM PST
I can't help but think if only Jesus openly protested Moses and his murderous ways, then Islam would have never exited, slavery and racism in America would have never existed, persicution of gays, and the whitch hunts would have never happened, among other things. When the Jews wanted Jesus dead for healing on the Sabbath, Jesus argued that they were only using the OT as an excuse to kill him, when he instead should have turned and pronounced Moses's killing of an innocent man for picking up sticks on the Sabbath as evil and Moses was a dictator a- hole. That's what he SHOULD have done. Jesus wanted to change things away from Moses while at the same time he worshiped him. He spoke out of both sides of his mouth. Moses was in Jesus's Heaven, when Jesus should have kicked him out. I love Jesus, and I understand the eternal compassion he delivers, but we are paying the price of having the VAST majority of the world negatively influenced by Moses. One of the basic teachings of Buddhism is that you should not blindly follow what you think is holy just because someone else tells you it is. It is a grave sin to blindly follow . You are to think and judge for yourself as to what is holy. Christians deem Moses as Holy because they are blindly following Jesus's thumbs up towards Moses, even though Moses is CLEARLY antichrist, and to whom sanctioned his brutal murder. Then again, Jesus was born a Jew, and he was endoctrinated into Judaism. He was probably brainwashed just as every Islamic, Jew, and Christian is regarding the so called "holiness" of Moses. And Jesus was brutally murdered. I wonder if Jesus kicked him out of Heaven and deemed him an a-hole after he was brutally murdered. I know I sure would have.

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 12:06:24 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 11, 2012 12:08:41 PM PST
Actually, Christian's attitude towards Muhammad and Islam is the same as Jesus's towards Moses and Judaism. For instance, whenever Chistians are killed by "extrremists" everyone shouts out that the reason for the murders is because the Islamists are using their religion as an excuse to kill us, and no one points any blame towards the doctrine or Muhammad at all. Just like Jesus with Moses, Christians deem Muhammad as holy and Islam as Holy, and that it is the "extremists" that are the problem. Christians have the same attitude towards evil as Jesus had. Meanwhile the evil doctrine led by the evil false prophet telling them to kill gets a free pass for someone else to use to murder. Jesus not condemning Moses, and Chriatians not condemning Muhammad perpetuates the evil.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 12:50:29 PM PST
Ariex says:
David Vincent says: "I can't help but think if only Jesus openly protested Moses and his murderous ways, then Islam would have never exited, slavery and racism in America would have never existed, persicution of gays,"

Ariex: That's not realistic, David. If Jesus had gone against the social views of his time, he would have been ignored or rejected, a non-starter in the messiah game, and nobody would have heard of him today.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 12:52:16 PM PST
S. Kessler says:
Ariex, this is David you're trying to reason with. C'mon.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 12:56:11 PM PST
QUESTER says:
David Vincent says:

I can't help but think if only Jesus openly protested Moses and his murderous ways, then Islam would have never exited, slavery and racism in America would have never existed, persicution of gays, and the whitch hunts would have never happened, among other things.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just looking at the pragmatics of Jesus' circumstance ...

Jesus was born into a culture with Judaism as it's faith and Moses as its most vaunted faith-leader.

Jesus did effectively switch the religious emphasis from following a code (the Law) ... to pursuing LOVE. And they killed Him for that.

Just how successful do you think that he would have been if he had gone up against Moses ?

And blaming one man for all of the evils which have cropped up in these latter days is just ludicrous.

They all happened because humankind has yet to learn how NOT to be evil.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 12:56:24 PM PST
Jesus was born of a virgin Mother, performed many miracles, and was killed and then he ressurected. Yeah, a real no namer there. Christians are following Jesus right into death wit hIslam. Islam spews hatred towards all Christians, and Muhammad killed countless Christians, and Islam still kills Christians, and Christians are following Jesus's phylosophy that it is the extremeists, and NOT the doctrine, right through to their own bloody murders. Nobody screams out against Moses for his Hitler-like attrocities, nor do they Muhammad's. It's not the prophet, it's the "extremists.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 12:59:19 PM PST
QUESTER says:
David Vincent says:

Actually, Christian's attitude towards Muhammad and Islam is the same as Jesus's towards Moses and Judaism.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are any number of christians who condemn the evil in Islam, ... but we live in an age of tolerance ... and in a country with freedom of belief.

Christians believe that we should point out the faults of Islam, ... but not deny its adherents the right to peacefully worship as they choose.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 1:00:40 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 11, 2012 1:03:24 PM PST
"And blaming one man for all of the evils which have cropped up in these latter days is just ludicrous.

They all happened because humankind has yet to learn how NOT to be evil."

I understand Jesus was pulling away from Moses. But he also talked and thought well of him. Just like every other Islamic, Jewish, and Christian on the planet. If Jesus called out Moses instead of worshiping him the way he did, Moses's influence on the world would come to a stop. Moses's influence has been bigotry towards gays, bigotry towwards all other religions of the world, racism, and slavery, among other great evils. Theses are all influences of the Moses and the OT. Jesus didn't attack the Prophet or the doctrine, instead he blamed it on "extremists" who use the Bible as an excuse to kill him. Bad mistake imo. It was the doctrine that told them to persicute him.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 1:04:21 PM PST
QUESTER says:
David Vincent said ...

Nobody screams out against Moses for his Hitler-like attrocities, nor do they Muhammad's.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Moses' actions, in his day, were not outside of the norm. Every culture was conquering, or being conquered in that day. We'd have to condemn the entire time period, and that does no good.

BTW, Moses does not compare to Hitler. There's only one death that's officially attributed to Moses.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 1:11:46 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 11, 2012 1:12:58 PM PST
QUESTER says:
David Vincent says:

"And blaming one man for all of the evils which have cropped up in these latter days is just ludicrous.

They all happened because humankind has yet to learn how NOT to be evil."

I understand Jesus was pulling away from Moses. But he also talked and thought well of him. Just like every other Islamic, Jewish, and Christian on the planet. If Jesus called out Moses instead of worshiping him the way he did, Moses's influence on the world would come to a stop.
I believe that you're mistaken.

If it came down to a choice between Moses and Jesus, ... the Jews were going to choose Moses.

In fact, ... they did.

Jesus did what He, reasonably, could do. He laid out another belief-system based upon LOVE, that anyone could choose to take up.

And many have ... it is easily true today that there are more followers of Jesus (a few billion), than of Moses (maybe a few million).

Christianity is having far more influence on today's world ... than is Judaism.

When is the last time anybody was put to death for violating any of the precepts of the Law ?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 1:13:50 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 11, 2012 1:14:19 PM PST
Moses, who supposedly wrote the first 5 books of the OT, made the law "tuou shalt not kill" and then later assembled a group of his thugs together to stone to death a man for picking up wood on his Sabbath. Moses made the law to kill gays. Kill children who curse thei parents, he commited genocide, and taught that Jews should never marry outside their race in rememberance of his "Covenant" with them. He is the reason Islam exists, along with all other horrible "religions" started up by a "Prophetr of God". Moses is the reason Christ was killed. Moses made it a capitol crime to teach of any other religion other than his, and that healing on the Sabbath is punishible by death. I could go on and on posting asbout the incredible evils that exists in the OT.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 1:20:03 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 11, 2012 1:22:19 PM PST
QUESTER says:
David Vincent says:
Moses, who supposedly wrote the first 5 books of the OT, made the law "tuou shalt not kill" and then later assembled a group of his thugs together to stone to death a man for picking up wood on his Sabbath. Moses made the law to kill gays. Kill children who curse thei parents, he commited genocide, and taught that Jews should never marry outside their race in rememberance of his "Covenant" with them. He is the reason Islam exists, along with all other horrible "religions" started up by a "Prophetr of God". Moses is the reason Christ was killed. Moses made it a capitol crime to teach of any other religion other than his, and that healing on the Sabbath is punishible by death. I could go on and on posting asbout the incredible evils that exists in the OT.
There is evil in the Old Testament ... but Moses was just a humble man trying to lead a whole bunch of people who had been newly freed from slavery.

I think that he did well given his situation.

Don't forget that his leadership freed millions of slaves from captivity.

I'm not saying he was perfect, ... but he was a good man.

BTW ... Moses was not the reason Jesus was killed.

Jesus was killed because he was stepping on the toes of the Jewish religious elite. They were looking for ANY REASON to kill him.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 1:22:41 PM PST
"When is the last time anybody was put to death for violating any of the precepts of the Law ? "

I think the highly documented brutal murder of Jesus Christ is the stone cold evidence we need in the proper persicution of Moses and the OT. That is all the evidence we need. And I agree. Jesus is my personal savior. I understand the eternal compassion that God has for us in his suffering, death, and ressurection. I believe that is the crux of his ministry. Jesus was moving away from Moses, towards love, towards compassion. The propblem is our, and his attitude that Moses, or anyone like Moses and his murderous ways is holy and Godly in any way. Jesus played both sides of the issue, and Mose's influence is VERY prevelant in the world today. Muhammad is just another rendition of Moses, and the whole world deems them Holy.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 1:24:26 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 11, 2012 1:25:38 PM PST
I just stated that Moses had a man stoned to death for picking up sticks on his sabbath, and you say he was a good man. You realize the stand you are taking? I don't think you do. You probalbly think Muhammad was a good man as well? The Jews had the OT there when they wanted Jesus dead. Moses was there for them in their persicution of a COMPLETELY innocent man.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 1:26:44 PM PST
QUESTER says:
David Vincent says:

I just stated that Moses had a man stoned to death for picking up sticks on his sabbath, and you say he was a good man. You realize the stand you are taking? I don't think you do. You probalbly think Muhammad was a good man as well?
Moses thought that he was following the precepts of his God.

Do you not believe that ?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 1:28:55 PM PST
QUESTER says:
David Vincent says:

Muhammed is just another rendition of Moses, and the whole world deems them Holy.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You've really got the wrong take on the world's attitude towards Islam.

Islam is tolerated, at best.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 1:38:06 PM PST
The VAST world deems eithier Moses and/or Muhammad as holy. The whole world gives power to Moses's influence by our accepting of their bigotry, murder, genocide..etc..as Godly and holy in ANY way. The OT is the wworst kind of perversion of God there ever was.

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 1:47:55 PM PST
How can we prove Moses wasn't LYING and was Holy in any way? It's in the Bible, that's how we know. He is the one who wrote it, after all.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 1:49:16 PM PST
Craig says:
David Vincent says: "I think the highly documented brutal murder of Jesus Christ is the stone cold evidence..."

Would you have stopped this brutal murder if you could have? If you are a Christian, do you know what that would imply?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 2:01:54 PM PST
If I were in the crowd and knew anything about anything, I'd be screaming out to the world about how evil their pathetic false prophet is. But that's me.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 2:09:13 PM PST
QUESTER says:
David Vincent says:

If I were in the crowd and knew anything about anything, I'd be screaming out to the world about how evil their pathetic false prophet is. But that's me.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And it wouldn't have stopped a thing ...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 2:09:17 PM PST
Craig says:
I am not sure I understand, you would have called Moses a false prophet? That would not have changed anything. They would have either stoned you or ignored you. But you evaded answering the two questions I asked, could you please?

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 2:09:32 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 11, 2012 2:12:25 PM PST
I believe Jesus is the savior of mankind. He did try and explain that they were killing innocent people through the use of the Bible, and he is the deliverance of God's eternal love for us all. I question his inability to point out that it is the doctrine that is the source of the evil. It's all there, the OT makes it a capitol crime to be Christ-like. I wish he called out Moses and the evils he CLEARLY commited in the Bible, but he didn't. Jesus probably had no other choice but to worship him. Makes me wonder if he is there for all who suffered under a false prophet. We have all been fooled by them. I can't judge him.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 2:10:48 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 11, 2012 2:11:05 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 2:13:14 PM PST
Craig says:
David Vincent says: "I believe Jesus is the savior of mankind."

What did he save mankind from? How did he accomplish that?

"I wish he called out Moses and the evils he CLEARLY commited in the Bible, but he didn't. Jesus probably had no other choice but to worship him."

Jesus didn't worship Moses, have you read any of the bible?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Religion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
1527 14 days ago
A thread about theology. Not a thread about whether or not God exists. 1332 33 seconds ago
Life 337 3 minutes ago
Why did those who are now Christians leave atheism? 457 6 minutes ago
Amy Hall claims: There is no Jesus, no thorny crown, and he was a mere man, just like you. There is no deity. 3099 9 minutes ago
keep one change one started 10 October 2014 5762 33 minutes ago
Why did those who are now atheists leave Christianity? 1237 39 minutes ago
Is the need of salvation an evil lie from religions? 1421 1 hour ago
The ***"Really Important Questions"*** 312 1 hour ago
Why do Christians fear examination of their beliefs? 247 1 hour ago
Another 10,000 Quotes... 6409 2 hours ago
Today in Muslim History 6462 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Religion forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  160
Initial post:  Dec 11, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions