Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing May4th
Customer Discussions > Religion forum

Is Obama an Atheist and is he committing TREASON? Is he favoring other nations over our own? Is he deliberately trying to sink America? Does he have a Messiah Complex and is he like an Old Testament Avenging fake "god"? Did he Miss The New Testament?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 381 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 6:43:55 PM PDT
Astrocat says:
He's courteous and knows the protocol to follow when meeting leaders from other countries or religious persuasions. I'd be willing to bet that if Mittney gets in he'll do the same.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 6:43:58 PM PDT
lynnea1 says:
Is the Jewish yamika (sp?) magic? A nun's habit; can they really fly? The muslim veil? Does it have magic properties? No. So what makes you think our religious garb is "magic"? If we could only be that lucky! HAHA Maybe *that's* how Mitt got so rich, and doesnt want anyone to know! It was the magic underwear!! Dang, mine have never done anything magical for me, except maybe to help me remember Christ everytime I put them on; help me to remember why Im on this earth. Using religious symbols as an excuse to belittle someone is no different than using someone's color or sexual identity to belittle someone. It's societal ignorance.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 6:45:36 PM PDT
Astrocat says:
Lynn, you make a very good point. I wear a medallion with the symbol for the OM on it, and have been asked many times what it means. I've never been ridiculed for it, however, and while it would be an interesting experience, to say the least, I imagine I'd have to think fast as to how to respond.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 6:57:23 PM PDT
lynnea1 says:
First off, you have no right to call me a lunatic and a racist. I gave you that much respect and I expect the same from you. When people start calling others' names, that's when the logical debate stops and I have no time nor interest in that. I simply gave you examples that people have thrown up about Obama, just as examples of the accusations that have been leveled at Romney. Im not voting for Romney just because he's LDS, anymore than you're voting for Obama just because he's black. If Romney was proven to be as big a liar as you believe him to be, as big a liar as I believe Obama to be, I wouldnt vote at all. Neither man would be worthy of my vote. BTW, Mitt wasnt my first selection for Rep. nominee. Im a registered Independent who voted for Reagan, Clinton, even whats-his-name from Texas that was so rich. Cant even remember his name, but Im sure you know who Im talking about.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 7:12:43 PM PDT
Before defining a "right" to health care, one needs to ask about the rights of the providers. (Just as plantation owner might declare a "right" to have his cotton harvested.)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 7:13:49 PM PDT
lynnea1 says:
what about freedom, liberty and all that 'jazz'? When was the last time a government program gave a person something without taking away a little of that person's rights? As it is, if you are on food stamps, perhaps you have to be drug tested. The majority of the innocent lose a right for the minority of the guilty. That's just one example. There is no such thing as governmental serendipity. No free lunches. You can work every day, but eventually you'll be giving the majority, if not all, of your check to the government to pay for all those wonderful governmental gifts. They'll give you all the free food you want, but it can only be what THEY decide for you. Maybe they'll decide everyone eats only vegetables, no meat. Maybe you cant have health care because you like hamburgers. Maybe you cant have hamburgers because you're already fat. Since when could we ever trust our government to do what it promises? Now? How will you like it if our government submits to another country's government? Maybe the laws of Mexico, Germany, China, AFGHANISTAN becomes the New World Order. You know most governments will sign on for just about anything; holding up their end of the bargain is quite another. You have given up your choice. Is that okay with you?Its really not for me. I am willing to die for the freedoms our Constitution gave us. With a New World Order, there will be no more Constitution. No, Id rather be free.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 7:17:59 PM PDT
lynnea1 says:
Thank you... :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 7:42:50 PM PDT
lynnea1: First off, you have no right to call me a lunatic and a racist. I gave you that much respect and I expect the same from you. When people start calling others' names, that's when the logical debate stops and I have no time nor interest in that.

Rachel: Sorry for offending you, lynnea. When you trot out lunatic conspiracy theories, that is the reaction you should expect. It's not a lunatic conspiracy theory about Rmoney's taxes. And you just have an unsubstantiated belief that Obama is a liar. Mittens is a documented liar, but that doesn't seem to bother you. It certainly does bother me.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 7:45:03 PM PDT
lynnea1 says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 8:06:40 PM PDT
Astrocat says:
Everyone has a right to health care, and a right to competent, dedicated "providers".

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 8:07:33 PM PDT
lynnea1 says:
What exactly has he lied about? Not meaning to be snide, here. I have read so much stuff on both sides that I swear that my eyes are crossed, most answers to accusations have been spun; I have not heard or read much documentation on Mitt's part. Dont get me wrong; lying is what politicians do best and they've both done it. Give me some linkss or something, and Ill be glad to lay my crossed eyes on it! ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 8:08:32 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 3, 2012 8:09:49 PM PDT
Astrocat says:
Lynn, what about the freedom to live a life as fully as possible, with truly nutritious food, warm and adequate clothing, a safe, dry place to live, good education, good health care? Those are the basic freedoms. The details may not be easy to work out, but we can do it, we need the will and the compassion as well as the self-confidence, but we can do it.

I have no idea why you think the very worst will happen when we all begin to take care of each other. Obviously there's been a lot of fear mongering going on, perpetrated by those who know that their reign of terror and power over others will end when we cease to allow it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 8:08:45 PM PDT
Astrocat says:
You're welcome.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 8:20:51 PM PDT
lynnea1 says:
I just dont agree that the government is the one to administer health care. The insurance industry could bring the costs down if they just would. Costs for us will not truly come down under governmental control; the government will have to take their cut. Plus, there is a growing shortages of doctors and nurses; has been for a long time. My doctor already wont take Medicaid. I doubt he's going to take Obamacare patients, either. The government believes that younger people who arent sick very often will pay for the costs that the elderly and children use. I think that's wrong. We live in an *I* world these days; I can see people being of the mindset of, 'I have a sore throat. Im going to the ER because by golly, Im paying for it!' It used to be (back in the good ole days) that my insurance, anyway, would give incentives for not using insurance. For insstance, if you werent sick for, say, 3 months, you got a percentage of your premium off for the next month. So, Im not against reforming the governmental oversight we already have, to entice the insurance agencies, etc., to lower costs and improve quality, but the government has not been very good at the things they do try to control, and, frankly, I dont think that's the role of federal government, anyway.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 8:33:15 PM PDT
lynnea1 says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 8:35:26 PM PDT
lynnea1 says:
very true. And I wish I were astute enough to be able to go through and understand that 2400 page health care bill, but it's definitely like another language to me!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 8:52:35 PM PDT
Lois says:
Your doctor won't have a choice if he plans on maintaining a practice. Personally, I don't think he is a very good doctor to refuse Medicaid patients, but that is just me.

Obama Care or the National Health Care Act does not mean the government is taking control, rather simply setting up a system where everyone has access to healthcare through insurance companies, where they cannot be dumped for a pre-existing condition by insurance companies, nor fall through the crack when they change jobs. Insurance companies are very involved, but they have to spend the majority of their money on actual healthcare - which seems obvious, but not done currently.

I don't know where you get the younger people pay for the older people and children. Older people have been paying into Medicare and health insurance for years and years. Insurance companies are secondary payers for them. I don't want to be the one to turn away a child who needs a doctor, do you?

The point is that currently - without a system in place - the uninsured either go without and suffer the consequences or go to the ER every time they are sick and we, who pay insurance, are subsidizing that bill anyway. Would it not be better to have their own doctors who can provide preventative care, so that they don't get as many illnesses in the first place?

Please do not believe everything you hear on Fox News or chain e-mails. Even Romney put the same thing into place in Massachusetts and thought himself a hero. It was the right thing to do. He won't say that now, of course.

Well, that is my 2 cents, anyway! =)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 8:58:40 PM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 9:02:38 PM PDT
What is your proof that Obama is a Muslim? No, I know that his father was a Muslim, but he was not raised by his father and he is protected by freedom of religion in the USA.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 9:04:40 PM PDT
I also voted again for Obama. Yes, I am really afraid of having another Bush, II in the form of Romney.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 9:07:35 PM PDT
That is how I dealt with Catholicism when I was still in the church.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 9:09:49 PM PDT
I have no problem with Romney's religion. I have a problem with his politics and his business practices. In fact, Romney is the first LDS member that I have not cared for since I worked with many LDS members and had many LDS welfare clients whom I worked with helping them go to work.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 9:10:26 PM PDT
Yes, it would be nice if Romney paid a higher federal income tax rate than I pay.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 9:14:55 PM PDT
Like all unions, the AMA and other medical associations will negotiate Medicaid, Medicare, and private insurance reimbursments. That is how all unions come up with prices for labor.

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 9:24:38 PM PDT
lynnea1 says:
Dont assume that I get my info from chain emails. And I do watch Fox, but since I try to be 'fair and balanced'-ha I also watch CNN, as well as network news, read Huffington Post and so many more I couldnt begin to tell you all the newspapers I look at. I try to 'research', at the level my high school education will allow me to understand.

In the debates, Obama said that one of the ways to pay for Obamacare would be, since everyone HAS to enroll or be penalized, that younger people in the workforce are less likely to be sick, and therefore, the money they pay every month would go toward payment of the program, which obviously would mean older, less healthy people who need more services than they pay for.

As for my doctor, like many others out there, dont take Medicaid just like they dont take many of the hundreds of insurances out there. He has to choose the most common ones that pay what he can afford to take. My doctor, like other doctors, has so many patients already that he can only be in the office half a day. The other half is spent at the hospital doing rounds. When all these uninsured people get dumped into the system, there being no more doctors and nurses than there are right now, when do you think you'll get to see your doctor? Many people, like myself, have chronic and debilitating conditions that go beyond "preventative maintenance." I *have* to see my doctor.

And of course the Feds are under control. Have you read the 2400 pages? I havent, but I dont know of one program that the government has started that hasnt eventually come under its total control. And, who is going to put this system in place? Why does it have to be the Federal Government? Why does the Federal Government have to do *everything*? Romney put his plan in place in Massachusetts; I havent heard him try to distance himself from that fact, BTW; why cant MO do their own? or AR? or WY? It seems the states would know their own needs better than the Feds. And, as I stated before, when did we start believing that the Federal Government would do what they say they're going to do? I have waaay more questions than I have answers, and Nancy Pelosi's statement that they had to pass it to know whats in it just doesnt fly with me. Im from Missouri, (the state that voted 80% against this bill, and whose Senator, Claire McCaskill, went against the wishes of her constituents to be the vote that broke the tie) you just have to Show Me more than what Ive seen. I pray that you're right and Im wrong.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Religion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
1527 15 days ago
Another 10,000 Quotes... 6421 3 minutes ago
Amy Hall claims: There is no Jesus, no thorny crown, and he was a mere man, just like you. There is no deity. 3140 11 minutes ago
Time for Christians to stop crying persecution. 745 45 minutes ago
How did the Bible get right the order of creation (vegetation before sea animals, sea animals before land animals, man created last), the Earth being round and hanging on nothing in space, and the location of the world's first civilization if it be myth 27 48 minutes ago
Life 375 49 minutes ago
Why did those who are now atheists leave Christianity? 1273 1 hour ago
Today in Muslim History 6471 1 hour ago
A thread about theology. Not a thread about whether or not God exists. 1354 1 hour ago
Has Muslim and Christian misogyny become hate against women? 331 3 hours ago
Clinton Cash 2 4 hours ago
Harvard tests show homosexuality is actually caused by parental neglect 192 5 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Religion forum
Participants:  34
Total posts:  381
Initial post:  Nov 3, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 3, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions