Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Customer Discussions > Religion forum

Gay Bullying Deaths and Religion: Are Believers the Problem or the Solution?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2010 8:41:57 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 30, 2011 10:14:45 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2010 10:09:17 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 18, 2011 11:17:05 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2010 10:11:03 PM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2010 10:20:11 PM PDT
AxeGrrl says:
Robert B. Winn wrote: "I would suspect he was talking about male homosexuals."
~~~~

Which is precisely why your parroting of the phrase "1 in 5 homosexuals" (without clarifying that you're only talking about ONE gender of homosexuals) is disingenuous Robert.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2010 10:45:48 PM PDT
Idunasappl says:
I have also read the Bible more than several times. I have no questions. I already know that the Bible contradicts itself. Since you have denied this, I offered to teach YOU, by pointing out the inconsistencies. I will start with the fact that Jesus lineage is traced through Joseph, who, if he is actually the son of God, he is no relation to. Since that is the case, he's not of the lineage of David, since Joseph is the one who comes from the line of David. Nothing is said of Mary's lineage at all. If you compare the two lineages in the New Testament, you will find that they don't match. Very few of the names do match, and there aren't even the same number of people in them. That's inconsistency number one. Shall I go on, or shall I continue until you admit that I'm correct??

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2010 10:46:49 PM PDT
Idunasappl says:
Since Jesus is dead, I can't talk to Him, now can I?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2010 10:48:08 PM PDT
Idunasappl says:
Probably, it would have been best if they had written nothing. The Bible is the most misused and misquoted book in history. We would have been much better off without it.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2010 10:48:38 PM PDT
Idunasappl says:
And where did they get the statistic?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2010 10:52:10 PM PDT
Idunasappl says:
Of course he's being disingenuous. I'm trying to get him to admit that. No, on second thought, he's not being disingenuous, he's either lying or so gullible that he'll believe anything.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2010 10:53:06 PM PDT
Idunasappl says:
What source was the writer of the article using?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2010 10:54:03 PM PDT
AxeGrrl says:
Idunasappl wrote: "Of course he's being disingenuous. I'm trying to get him to admit that."
~~~~

You must be new to interacting with Robert :)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2010 6:12:39 AM PDT
Idunasappl says:
Robert, yes, but I've seen his type before. Sometimes, it's fun to feed the trolls. When I get bored, and I will eventually, he will go on ignore, just like the rest of them. I've been on the Amazon boards for a long time. He's not the worst I've ever seen, actually. I'm not interested in changing what anyone believes, but I live in hope that my words will plant a seed, and a mind will open, just a bit as a result. A few colors may seep in and his world will no longer be black and white.

Posted on Oct 16, 2010 6:36:08 AM PDT
D. Mulhollen says:
RBW, I was not trying to tell you what to believe, merely stating that we live in a country where all faiths are tolerated; your, mine, everyone else in this forum. Our faiths have different attitudes on the subject of homosexuality; fine. But please stop trying to expect someone who is not Christian to accept Christian doctrine.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2010 8:35:05 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2010 11:19:16 AM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2010 11:20:17 AM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2010 11:21:01 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 18, 2011 11:17:06 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2010 11:22:51 AM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2010 11:24:19 AM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2010 11:25:52 AM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2010 12:24:58 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2010 12:26:20 PM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2010 8:30:15 AM PDT
Idunasappl says:
I would assume from a homophobic agenda. Until I know where he got the data, that's what I will assume.

I have looked at several studies. Here is what I've found. You will, of course, debate it. In the US, 52% of HIV patients are homosexual. That means that 48% are not gay. That is almost half of the HIV patients that are NOT homosexual. That's only in the US. Look worldwide, and the situation changes vastly. In Africa, for example, the largest growing group of HIV and AIDS patients are married women. Their husbands have HIV, mostly from sleeping around and refusing to use condoms, and bringing the disease home, and refusing to use a condom. In some parts of Latin America, the situation is becoming the same. AIDS and HIV are not "homosexual" diseases.

If you're going to believe statistics, you need to know, first, whether the source of the research is biased by religious beliefs.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2010 8:33:26 AM PDT
Idunasappl says:
I didn't say that they didn't see it. I'm saying that they ignored it because it didn't fit in with the facts they wanted to believe. Two different things. I laugh at you, and with no pity at all, because you believe without being able to look at what you believe objectively. You are obviously not stupid, but you are choosing ignorance as a lifestyle. Don't pity me because I don't choose the same lifestyle.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2010 8:41:34 AM PDT
Idunasappl says:
Stop insulting me. I am far more educated than you think. Your gratuitous insults don't change the fact that you, and other Christians believe illogically. You claim that Jesus came to fulfill the law, and following the "letter of the law" is unnecessary, yet you like to pick and choose which parts of the law need to be followed. Until recently in history, Slavery was considered ok, yet now it's immoral. Abusing women was considered a good thing, thus the "rule of thumb,) and now it's not. It's funny to me that Homosexuality is on a par with eating shellfish, and now shellfish is ok, but no loving someone of the same gender. Do you eat shellfish?? Pork?? Do you wear clothes of blended fibers?? If you do, then what you are doing are, according to the Law of Moses, just as bad as loving someone of the same sex.

If you actually read the Bible, instead of just the parts of it you agree with, then you learn all sorts of interesting things. Still think I need that GED? Idiot.... (and I mean you, not me)
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Religion forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Religion forum
Participants:  52
Total posts:  1171
Initial post:  Oct 9, 2010
Latest post:  Nov 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions