Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Maxwell Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Religion forum

Why do I need to pray in order for God to help me? : Questions to God: Part 2

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 176-200 of 371 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 7:09:45 AM PDT
I. L. Walker says:
DKK - Both require sacrifice. But for every donation, the middle man must be assessed before it is made.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 7:11:01 AM PDT
I. L. Walker says:
DKK - Beware the imitation. Self generated or otherwise.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 7:50:07 AM PDT
Actually, the Apostle Paul says things very similar to what KMP said to you, so I'm not surprised to see her imitating him.

1 Corinthians 11

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 7:56:25 AM PDT
ILW - I agree with that. However, Jesus tells us to give everything away. So what's it worth when you only give a small portion of your wealth away?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 8:01:17 AM PDT
I. L. Walker says:
DKK - Specific verses make the point, DKK. Got any?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 8:02:22 AM PDT
I. L. Walker says:
DKK - Some are ready to be perfect some are not. See vows of poverty. Wonder where those are made?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 8:08:17 AM PDT
I try not to take verses out of context. Pretty much the entire chapter that I listed is about how Paul judges Christians, even though Christ told us not to.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 8:16:26 AM PDT
Again, part of God's plan to take very few to heaven, and most of us to hell.
Regardless, if I give it all away, but don't believe, I'm still going to hell anyway.
How many more caveats are there that I need to know about so i don't go to hell?

If you believe that God's plan is perfect, then how come there's so many faulty humans on earth?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 8:30:43 AM PDT
I. L. Walker says:
DKK - How is one suppose to identify and condemn sin, DKK? How is one suppose to protect others from sin, DKK? Pick a specific verse, how can it be taken out of context, if it reflects the whole chapter?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 8:35:03 AM PDT
I. L. Walker says:
DKK - That is satan's plan, not God's desire. Free Will is a gift from a God who desires an honest response from those who reject or embrace His call to Truth. Has God compelled you toward any action, DKK? And thus, in the end, you stand before Him with the evidence your life of your choices renders.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 9:50:51 AM PDT
ILW: "Ego is the self inflated self."

But, ILW, the Self is the totality of what we are with the focus on the part of us that is God--the common term used as I have seen it is "True Self". The Ego drops away gradually in the quest for God and the True Self or our soul emerges. When we are born the infant struggles to unite the genetic personality and the true self or soul. Some people spend their whole lives in the genetic personality, but, if you are on a genuine path, the genetic personality will gradually drop away and the true self emerges. That True Self is the real you.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 9:58:58 AM PDT
I don't really believe in guardian angels, but I know mine, respect them, and work with them as needed.

San Francisco is an interesting place. That "crazy spirit", as you call it,is where all of the dynamism and creativity comes from. This is the 50th anniversary of the founding of Esalon, located in the Monterey/Carmel area. It has spread the great intellectual and spiritual message of the hippy movement. When I attend the University of San Francisco as a grad student, my major advisor for my dissertation was a wonderful product of Esalon. That crazy energy, as you call it, has permeated the SF Bay area giving it the great creativity and dynamism that I have never really known anywhere else. Since I live about 300 miles north of the SF Bay area, that energy has also affected this area. The hippy movement still lives in its best forms.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 10:03:23 AM PDT
I. L. Walker says:
"Has God compelled you toward any action, DKK?"

What you seem to be overlooking is that God created everything in the universe. God created every situation I will ever be in, before I am there. God created all of my choices, and all of the circumstances that will affect those choices. God controls Satan's actions completely as demonstrated through Job, so you cannot blame Satan for anything without blaming God first. Satan cannot have a plan that God does not allow, so therefore Satan has no plan at all.

Free will is a gift from God, I agree. A false gift, just like the Bible.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 10:07:10 AM PDT
I. L. Walker says:
"Pick a specific verse, how can it be taken out of context, if it reflects the whole chapter? "

No, that's not gonna happen ILW. Its too easy for Christians to worm out of an argument by bending single verses to their own meaning. Take the entire chapter, or nothing at all. It makes no difference to me how you try to bend that to your own will and not God's.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 10:11:06 AM PDT
Kathleen M. Pelley says:
"The hippy movement still lives in its best forms."

What I always wonder is where did all the hippies actually go? It would seem that most of them today vote Democrat and are praying for the gov't to take over their lives.

How the heck did that happen??

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 10:15:03 AM PDT
I. L. Walker says:
KMP - Do real selfs burn in hell, KMP?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 10:21:11 AM PDT
I. L. Walker says:
KMP - Why do you tear parts from the bible and then insist you are a follower of Christ? Psalm 91:10-11, Matthew18:10. Yeah California is in such great shape. The hippy movement dies as those it deceived pass away.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 10:26:05 AM PDT
I. L. Walker says:
DKK - BS. List one action God forced you to choose. No man is pre programmed by God, thus Perfect Justice arises from our choices. I chose to trust God, you do not, I chose the Truth, you did not. I think it is consequence you wish to deny, but what chosen act does not carry consequence?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 10:28:28 AM PDT
I. L. Walker says:
DKK - I see. Too easy to disprove a specific claim. Agreed.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 10:43:01 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 1, 2012 10:49:16 AM PDT
ILW - You choose to think you are following God, but in the end God alone decides where you will go.
Simply being on this site arguing with me is a choice that you make, that is contrary to the teachings of the Bible.
You say you choose the Truth, but which version I wonder?

The Jehovah's Witnesses say you are going to burn in hell.
The Mormon's say you are going to burn in hell.
The Catholics say you are going to burn in hell.
The Protestants say you are going to burn in hell.
The Hindus say you are going to burn in hell.
The Muslims say you are going to burn in hell.
The Jews say you are going to burn in hell.

Help me find the Truth, ILW. Which version is correct?

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 10:47:15 AM PDT
There is a sutra about prayers, given by Taraka Bramha
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ananda_Sutram

3-11. Prárthanárcaná mátraeva bhramamúlam: Prayer and ritualistic worship only become a source of confusion.
3-12. Bhaktirbhagavadbhávaná na stutirnárcaná: Devotion is ideation on God, not flattery of God or ritualistic worship.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 10:48:28 AM PDT
I. L. Walker says:
DKK - The Truth found in the Church Jesus founded and which is Guided by the Holy Spirit. Look there DKK. There is only One.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 10:50:11 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 1, 2012 10:50:29 AM PDT
I. L. Walker says:
S - The Sutra is a lie told by one who was convinced of the Truth they established. Ego, alive in all who die in their lie.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 10:51:18 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 1, 2012 10:53:12 AM PDT
ILW - That still leaves the top 4 sects in that list. Which one of those is the Truth?
Which denomination can tell me about the True Church of Jesus Christ?

The Jehovah's Witnesses say you are going to burn in hell.
The Mormon's say you are going to burn in hell.
The Catholics say you are going to burn in hell.
The Protestants say you are going to burn in hell.

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 10:54:13 AM PDT
There is a sutra about hell and heaven, given by Taraka Bramha
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ananda_Sutram

2-20. Na svargo na rasátalah: There is neither heaven nor hell.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Religion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
1552 18 days ago
Today in Muslim History 7733 2 minutes ago
One-sentence Nonsense Deepities for Fun and Prophet 127 2 minutes ago
The Obama administration is a weird mix of the Nixon and Carter Administrations. Corruption and Incompetence. Thow in the Muslim Traitor Factor...and you're left with a Country that's Pretty Strong...to have survived this Left Wing Wacko Lawless Chaos. 3 9 minutes ago
What's happening with SSM in the post Prop 8 world? 3159 17 minutes ago
The Nature of God 171 20 minutes ago
Is Crooked Hillary the Choice for Atheists because she is Crooked? Loves Aborting Baby Girls? Trashed the Women who Told The Truth About Impeached Cheating Bill? Or is it her Amoral Awkwardness that Attracts the Atheists To Crooked Hillary? 162 22 minutes ago
Why did those who are now atheists leave Christianity? 4359 27 minutes ago
Religion, No Religion - Who Really Cares? 58 28 minutes ago
Love 32 32 minutes ago
keep one change one started 10 October 2014 6420 46 minutes ago
The Universal Common Denominator Betwixt Religious and Non: CAKE 46 49 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Religion forum
Participants:  24
Total posts:  371
Initial post:  Sep 13, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions