Customer Discussions > Religion forum

A Serious Forum for Believers and Those Who Have Not Dismissed the Possibility of God

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 676 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 17, 2012 2:03:31 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 23, 2012 1:09:25 PM PDT
Dwayne says:
I would like to start a new discussion with its emphasis on inquiring minds asking believers to tell their story and present their case for Him. But the emphasis should really be about informative and inquisitive dialogue in a friendly and serious fashion. Confirmed non-believers have plenty of other forums to choose. Those who are truly open to the possibility of God, but are still wondering, can interact with believers to better assess the possibility.

TO ALL THOSE WHO PONDER THE POSSIBILITY OF GOD, AND ARE READY TO ENGAGE IN SERIOUS POSITIVE CONVERSATION, READ ON. I would like to point out that the above content was my original message which started this forum. It was immediately met with numerous negative posts presented from a person with multiple pen-names, a person who appears to be a non-believer intent on disrupting any positive dialogue between those who believe and those who are truly wondering the possibilities. Since then I wrote a response to someone who had also exposed the multiple-identity hacker. In response to that person, I convey that, "It was so easy to figure out (that it was a multi-identity hacker)....." But by the end I make my main point; which is, my recommendations for you in proceeding forward with your potentially life-changing questions and journey. Below is the content of that response. FINALLY, I WOULD LIKE TO WELCOME YOU ON YOUR NEW JOURNEY.

"It was so easy to figure out, and the real point is this. If you must covertly hide behind many identities in order to childishly disrupt genuine, coherent, and potentially beneficial converstion by people that may be truly searching their inner selves for clarity, it clearly indicates at a minimum, a typical immaturity often associated with extreme liberal atheists, or on a larger and more probable scale, an obsessive fear of the unknown. If that person, under any of his/her many identities, were truly confident in his beliefs, he would leave this forum and begin his own, perhaps entitled, "Come and Understand Why There is no God." But he doesn't. He stays here disrupting like a kid who needed attention that I remember from third grade. This person is probably searching for answers himself. That is the only logical explanation as to why he would be on a forum directed toward those who believe and those who truly wonder, unless he is unstable.

If atheism had such a powerful message, an atheists' post would be a bloggers magnet. But atheism has no message. Instead of being able to present what's so wonderful about being an atheist, they feel a need to denigrate and destroy that which they realize has a powerful message. That's what inwardly bothers atheists, but they are not wise enough to see this. They may claim that, "No! What bothers us is we don't want to see a false message proposed." But let me reiterate, if they weren't concerned about the strength of the message, they wouldn't be so concerned about destroying it; and since they have no message, that is what they apparently do in a childish manner.

There is a difference between intelligence and wisdom, and that difference is clearly on display when seemingly intelligent people have zero tolerance for the other point of view, and instead continue to maliciously and chidishly interupt what might be truly life-changing dialogue for some. If they had true wisdom, they would realize that their position is tremendously weakened by an approach that often has nothing more to offer than, "Oh, and if you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you." Come on, is that all ya got?

I'm quite sure when true soul searchers come to forums that offer that type of worthless nonsense, they leave and seek out more reputable forums that have a more mature audience. There are many, in case anyone is wondering.

For those who are truly interested in exploring the possibilities of a Loving God whose MESSAGE HAS PROFOUNDLY IMPACTED MANY, I suggest you begin by reading what's called a 'Concordance Bible'. Concordance Bibles present the Bible with interpretive guidance as well. Then, if you remain interested, find a church that is very Biblically oriented, and begin to meet people whose love and help will be obvious and perhaps perplexing for you, a love that will be unlike the emotions expressed BY ATHEISTS in the notes that will probably follow this one. BUT REMEMBER, IF THEY HAD A MESSAGE, THEY WOULDN'T NEED TO DESTROY THIS ONE, AND WOULDN'T EVEN BE ON A FORUM MEANT FOR THOSE CONSIDERING THE POSSIBILITY OF GOD."

FINALLY, YOU WILL DISCOVER THAT THE MESSAGE OF CHRISTIANITY IS THE FOLLOWING - CHRIST'S LIFE CONFIRMED THE LOVING GRACE OF GOD, WHICH WAS DELIVERED THROUGH THE GIFT OF SALVATION OFFERED BY CHRIST'S DEATH AND RESURECTION - AND ALL THAT IS ASKED OF US IS TO OPEN OUR HEARTS AND BELIEVE, WHILE TRYING TO LIVE EACH DAY MORE LIKE THE PERFECT EXAMPLE SET BY CHRIST. THAT IS, WHILE MAINTAINING OUR FAITH AND BELIEF IN HIM AS OUR RESURRECTED SAVIOUR, WE SHOULD STRIVE TO BE MORE LOVING, GIVING, FORGIVING, CARING, HUMBLE, THOUGHTFUL, SERVING, AND RIGHTEOUS. THAT WILL DEMONSTRATE AND CONFIRM OUR BELIEF IN HIM. AN ETERNAL LIFE ENTIRELY MAGNIFICENT, UNIMAGINABLE, AND IMMEASURABLE AWAITS THOSE WHO DO - THAT IS THE WONDERFUL MESSAGE OF CHRISTIANITY!

Good luck on your journey, and may God be with you!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012 2:52:16 PM PDT
Joe W says:
There have been others who have made an attempt to produce such a discussion. Invariably, they support a fete of veiled and overt slanders against contrary positions, including non-believers. There are a few examples of your charter already going on on the Christianity forum to the effect that I described. There is no reason to let slanders stand unchallenged in the public square. Good luck.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012 3:01:05 PM PDT
Hi Dwayne:

Is it okay if I invite God over to my house for a couple of glasses of whiskey on the rocks? We might hit it off if he will show up.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012 3:03:41 PM PDT
Cliff Sedge says:
Is it possible for a believer to say 'I believe in a deity but I'm open to the possibility that I'm wrong'?

Can faith and doubt exist in the same mind at the same time?

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 3:08:50 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Nov 5, 2012 3:15:49 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012 3:12:54 PM PDT
Amy Hall says:
Whiskey??? Did someone say whiskey? I'll make penicillins. It's an awesome drink. The almighty would love it.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012 3:16:12 PM PDT
Joe W says:
http://www.sipsmokesavor.com/index.php/malts/cocktails/482-pencillin

Yum!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012 3:21:17 PM PDT
Amy Hall says:
I've had only had one, and that was enough. OH my gawd!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012 3:25:20 PM PDT
Dwayne says:
Joe W, Newbomb, Max, Susie, Dweelzebub, or whatever else you call yourself, thanks for putting the forum on the map. 5 hits supposedly from 5 different people in less than 20 minutes. Thanks!

All the best to you and your son,
Dwayne

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012 3:26:38 PM PDT
Cliff Sedge says:
"5 hits supposedly from 5 different people"

'Supposedly' as in 'I believe there's a conspiracy here'?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012 3:30:49 PM PDT
Joe W says:
I have a son? Susie, are you holding out on me?!

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 4:00:51 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Nov 5, 2012 3:16:12 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012 4:16:06 PM PDT
As you can see from most of the responses so far this is actually the anti-religion forum. Good luck.

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 4:38:44 PM PDT
Dwayne says:
You win the battle but lose the war, just like the prince of darkness. Now a hailstorm of inspired evangelism will rain upon your many identities, shrouding you in darkness while casting aside the limitations of this jungle. And you will be no more - said the inspired one.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012 4:40:10 PM PDT
Cliff Sedge says:
What happened to the informative and inquisitive dialogue?

You're talking about wars and jungles now.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012 4:43:07 PM PDT
S. Friedman says:
"said the inspired one."

Appears you misspelled "insipid."

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2012 4:16:23 AM PDT
Dwayne. You said it right on "supposedly". Lawrence Holcomb and Bairn are one and the same.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2012 4:59:22 AM PDT
Isah Paethos says:
Bairn, I wonder what happened to the informative and inquisitive dialogue? You think of yourself as a smart person I am guessing. Can't you figure it out?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2012 5:21:29 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2012 6:37:55 AM PDT
Cliff Sedge says:
Thanks, I Saw Greek Pete.

What I used was a device known as a rhetorical question.

And no, I don't think of myself as a smart person.

I routinely get my azz handed to me by the chess program on my Mac.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2012 7:00:48 AM PDT
Max Flash says:
Dwayne: Now a hailstorm of inspired evangelism will rain upon your many identities, shrouding you in darkness while casting aside the limitations of this jungle.

Max: So much for the "informative and inquisitive dialogue in a friendly and serious fashion." Ok, serious you got, but this doesn't feel all that friendly to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2012 7:01:48 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 18, 2012 7:03:07 AM PDT
barbW says:
I'm against the old religions, yes. We've outgrown them and in this new century they're becoming more and more dangerous.

Can you see that? Or do you think about only what you WANT to think about?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2012 7:10:06 AM PDT
barbW says:
Find a god concept for yourself that doesn't instigate prejudice and hate and fear-mongering and anti-science movements. If you can, and you broadcast that intelligence I don't think atheists will care what you believe for yourself.

It seems quite simple to me, but first you must acknowledge how bad most god concepts are. Can you do that?

Posted on Oct 18, 2012 7:57:38 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 18, 2012 7:59:12 AM PDT
@ Dwayne

How do you know for sure that this "God" is a "Him" ?
I worship Kwan Im, Oriental Goddess whom my ancestors dedicate their whole life.
My neighbour Ali worship Allah and his prophet Muhammad who married a 9 year old girl.
My cousin worship Krishna, Vishnu, Ganesha, etc. He'll be the 1st one to disagree with you about your concept of "God" as a "Him", or if there's only one "God".

You see where I'm going ? To try to discuss something abstract like "God" concept, first you have to accurately define what this "God" is, or else your discussion won't go anywhere.
The best you can get probably will be collection of personal experiences thinking that it is somehow the work of God through whatever they went through.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2012 8:04:57 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 18, 2012 8:05:30 AM PDT
DRM says:
"God is Spirit and those who worship him but worship him in Spirit."

Back in the Old Testament and early New Testament days, there was NO ONE who was More of a Friend To Women than Jesus.

But those times for Christians are like CURRENT times for Muslims regarding attitudes toward women. So Jesus had 12 Male disciples that could help to spread the Gospel to THAT current Culture and Mind Set. Even as the women he surrounded himself with were Crucial To His Life and His Word.

And Mary is Honored by the Catholic Church to this day, despite the faults of the Catholic Church, since the Catholic Church consists of human beings who are not perfect, clearly.

Spirit is the Key. In Christ there is Neither Male Or Female.

In some ways some Play Up The Feminine Nature of God in a Major Way and even call earth Mother Earth.

God IS like a Good Father, where would we be without Fathers?

But Women are Essential, Men Need Women, Women need Men, and Women Give Birth.

Spirit is Key.

And LOVE.

God Is Love.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 28 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Religion forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Religion forum
Participants:  56
Total posts:  676
Initial post:  Oct 17, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 4, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions