Customer Discussions > Religion forum

Christianity to me

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-24 of 24 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 16, 2013 5:04:55 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Mar 16, 2013 5:10:39 PM PDT
Amy Hall says:
I say you're off your rocker.

Posted on Mar 16, 2013 5:35:42 PM PDT
It seems to me like Christians tend to be hypnotized by miracles. The ability to pull off great feats of miracles does not make you any more or less moral. It just means you are fun at parties. Christians believe Jesus was infallible in every way, and he never scratched is ass, and that is largely due to the miracles hypnotizing them. He stands in the place of God. He IS God. Just like how Moses was in the place of God with the Jews. Jesus stands in God's place. He speaks with the authority of God, he is their God, and he is infallible- no butt-scratching.

Posted on Mar 16, 2013 5:36:53 PM PDT
Amy Hall says:
You're just rambling; do you have a point to this thread?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2013 5:43:41 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 16, 2013 5:51:47 PM PDT
Yes. I believe Jesus ate the apple, and sin came into the world infecting most, if not all of mankind. It comes into the world of all Christians who blindly worship Jesus, and the sin spreads through them, making more and more people cover up for evil, ignore evil, let genocide happen without speaking up, they become racists, bigoted toweards all other religions and gays, ..etc....Satan works through Jesus. Through Jesus's lack of discipline makes all his blind followers fall into the same trap he fell into.

Posted on Mar 16, 2013 5:55:13 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Mar 16, 2013 6:11:15 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 16, 2013 6:18:36 PM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2013 6:15:36 PM PDT
Ariex says:
David Vincent says: "I believe Jesus drank the cool-aid."

Ariex: I believe I hear the cuckoo singing in the kukaburra tree.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2013 6:25:20 PM PDT
tokolosi says:
"I believe Jesus can take you to Heaven..."

You lost me right there...

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2013 6:26:26 PM PDT
nope

you are lost
but jesus will help you find the way

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2013 6:34:58 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 16, 2013 6:59:07 PM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2013 6:39:01 PM PDT
He is.

Posted on Mar 16, 2013 6:48:57 PM PDT
tokolosi says:
LOL -- you guys should be on the Joke thread... :-p

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2013 6:52:16 PM PDT
J. Potter says:
... and with that, Poe's Law is again confirmed.

It's flavor-aid.

Posted on Mar 16, 2013 7:06:38 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 16, 2013 7:08:42 PM PDT
Jesus chewing out the Pharesees and not ONCE mention the doctrine they were blindly following is Jesus covering up for Moses. He did not reveal to the world the root of the problem. Christians today are doing the same thing with Muhammad and Islam. They never sttack the doctrine of Islam, they only rail against the terrorist who follow it, as if they are the source of the problem, when it is the false doctrine that is at the source, and Christians continue to get murdered by them as a result. That is the second comming of Christ right there. They are blindly following exactly as Christ did, and they are helping to perpetuate the problem, just as he did, and continue to get murdered, just like he did. It's Christ all over again and again and again.....blindly following and doing exacly as he did. Ignoring evil and getting killed by that evil.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2013 11:46:24 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 16, 2013 11:47:27 PM PDT
Amy Hall says:
David, you're so full of it. Fanatical posts like yours tell me that you are the guys who *don't* include themselves in Xtian churches, or can get along w/ anybody because these are just generalized rants from anti-social guys who rant about everything. Jesus, politics, cars, gov't, anything and everything that's on the news.

Next time, just title your threads "Rants from David Vincent." At least you'd be honest and forthcoming, versus this crap.

Posted on Mar 17, 2013 11:51:02 AM PDT
Vincent your living in religious Babel!or should I say Babble!

Posted on Mar 17, 2013 12:05:20 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 17, 2013 2:46:16 PM PDT
Worshiping some long ago dead guy from the Middle East (who looked like a dark haired, dark skinned arab and not some white skinned European man with chestnut brown hair) that was executed nearly 2,000 years ago is rather morbid and sick.

Not only that, but if one studies and understands history and religious followings, one will see that nobody (kings, queens, emperors, military leaders, scholars, philosophers, writers etc...) of that time period makes any mention of this resurrection (Resurrection stories were floating around in previous religious followings that predate Christianity) or any of the magical miracles (Miracles also a story in religious followings that predate Christianity) of Jesus. You would think that a son of a god would be written about by anyone and everyone. Jesus would have been in many, many corroborating documents and writings. Is this the case? No. Absolutely not. Nothing. Not one sentence. We have more documentation on Alexander the Great who lived, invaded Persia and died over 300 years before Jesus was even born. A mere mortal like Alexander the Great. That sure is strange.

Jesus did not write down anything in his own hand either. Nothing. Jesus is only mentioned in the Bible. A single source. A single source that has many, many validity problems. The original Gospels do not exist. All we have as a civilization is copies of copies. Copies that had things deleted, added, changed, recopied, re-translated etc... over a period of 200 years. The Bible is a mish-mash of stories that have been changed around and edited to such a degree that there is no way to know what is valid and fact and what is not. Oh by the way, the mentioning of places in the Bible does not make it valid or nonfiction either. The Mississippi River is mentioned in Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain, but it doesn't make Tom Sawyer any less of a fictional character and someone who actually existed. Another problem is that what is contained in the writings about Jesus were also written 60- 100 years after his supposed resurrection.

In other words, you are following and worshiping a myth.

BTW~ Virgin births. Done several times in religious followings which predate Christianity as well. Nothing new on this story front either.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013 12:07:16 PM PDT
Bubba says:
Grape flavor-aid.

Posted on Mar 17, 2013 2:04:48 PM PDT
Jonn Jonzz says:
Love flavor-aid.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013 2:19:02 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 17, 2013 2:19:40 PM PDT
John M. Lane says:
I believe we're all sinners, David Vincent. That's why we must look to Jesus for Salvation. We can't do it ourselves.

I'm a sinner by nature, not because of any supposed shortcoming on Jesus' part, but because of my own flawed humanity. I'm saved because I realize that and accept Jesus' free gift of life.

I don't deserve it. I can't earn it, but I can accept it and thank Jesus for it.

He is near you now, David Vincent. Open your heart to Him. Accept His love and his free gift of life. You'll feel the burden of sin lifted from your shoulders.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2013 11:08:42 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 18, 2013 11:09:16 AM PDT
Mr. Vincent:

Re your statement: " Jesus is one path of many. . ."

Here's what Jesus had to say, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (Jn 14:6)

Here's what C. S. Lewis had to say about your perspective: "I am trying here to prevent anyone saying the really foolish thing that people often say about Him: I'm ready to accept Jesus as a great moral teacher, but I don't accept his claim to be God. That is the one thing we must not say. A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. He would either be a lunatic - on the level with the man who says he is a poached egg - or else he would be the Devil of Hell. You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God, or else a madman or something worse. You can shut him up for a fool, you can spit at him and kill him as a demon or you can fall at his feet and call him Lord and God, but let us not come with any patronizing nonsense about his being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to."
― C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Posted on Mar 20, 2013 4:54:46 PM PDT
Agapao says:
A real Christian hears God's voice inside and out. The inner Word will never contradict the written Word. Many Spirits are in the world in order to decieve and lead many into strange religions. If what religion teaches does not align with Scripture, it should shunned like a bat out of Hell. Many who believe Christ is just another pathway, do not believe in Scripture. It sounds open-minded to believe in many pathways but the Scripture teaches otherwise.

You will never make a friend with a Christian that believes in the inerrant Word of God. When deception cries out it word of reasoning, the inner Holy Spirit and the Word God will cry out its errancy. No one will ever convince a Bible believing Christian that Jesus is just another way to find God. A statement of being many pathways to God just shows ignorance in the Word of God.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 21, 2013 7:50:58 AM PDT
Dr. Chaos says:
Excellent post; I'm a very big fan of C.S. Lewis
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Religion forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  24
Initial post:  Mar 16, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 21, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions