Customer Discussions > Religion forum

Orginalized Religions Spread Hatred and Violence

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 107 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 9, 2012 9:12:27 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012 5:16:08 PM PST
Bill McLean says:
Jews, Muslims, and Christians are all in the front lines of spreading hatred. They want men to hate men. They get crazy when they find men who love men. They froth at the mouth when they find females who just happened to be born in male bodies. "It's against my religion." they cry out - or maybe "It's unnatural," as if it was in some way hurtful to them. They USE gays and transgendered people, and even sometimes pay fortunes for their arts and scientific achievements, but they long to murder all of them. They even kill one-another in bloody wars. The people involved with organized religions love to hate.

But I can't stop loving them.

How can us few stop them from killing and maiming us when they have so powerful a weapon as hate? Why is it that I must live in fear daily from people who say they love God? Just because I'm an old woman, born in a man's body, does not make me an evil person.

Why do they continue all this infighting that follows my loving and honest message? Why can't they stop?

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 9:21:04 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 5:48:47 AM PST
Bill McLean says:
REPLY TO andthehorseirodeinontoo?

Dear Sir, You should at least spell your two word denial correctly. You wrote "digusting lies." Please consider that maybe you haven't given this subject very much thought.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 6:02:30 AM PST
John M. Lane says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 6:09:11 AM PST
Cliff Sedge says:
So what did you think of Burn the Quran Day, Mr Love-n-Peace?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 6:16:28 AM PST
John M. Lane says:
I think Islam should have demonstrated that it's the "religion of peace", Bairn.

What do you think of their fatwas demanding the death of those deemed anti-Islamic?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 6:17:38 AM PST
Cliff Sedge says:
No, you're not weaseling your way out of an easy question.

Unless you want to be thought of as a steaming hypocrite.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 6:20:15 AM PST
John M. Lane says:
I answered your question, Bairn, despite your mud-slinging.

You're the expert on weaseling. You tap-danced around my questions.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 6:21:39 AM PST
Cliff Sedge says:
Did you think Burn the Quran Day was a good thing?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 6:24:49 AM PST
John M. Lane says:

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 6:27:14 AM PST
Cliff Sedge says:
Every warmonger likes to pretend he's acting in defense.

There was a Jewish 1st C rabbi who taught his followers to turn the other cheek.

How you must despise that dude.

Re the fatwas, I make sure I don't tar every adherent of a religion with the same brush.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 6:28:41 AM PST
John M. Lane says:
You seem to enjoy tarring Christians with the same brush, Bairn.

By the way, your answer evades the question. Nice dodge!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 6:30:30 AM PST
Cliff Sedge says:
I've been asking *you* specifically the questions.

If you've been reading my stuff carefully, you'll notice I don't speak of Christians in general.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 6:33:51 AM PST
John M. Lane says:
Keep tap-dancing, Bairn.

It's clear you're not going to answer the question.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 6:35:05 AM PST
Cliff Sedge says:
I don't know what specific fatwas you're talking about.

But if they exist, I condemn them of course.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 6:38:06 AM PST
John M. Lane says:
Sure you do.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 6:38:57 AM PST
Cliff Sedge says:
So not only were you wrong that I wouldn't answer the question, you're questioning my sincerity.

You're a nasty piece of work, JML.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 6:43:19 AM PST
John M. Lane says:
I see you're back to slinging mud, Bairn.

No surprise there.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 6:43:44 AM PST
Cliff Sedge says:
Yeah, sure, JaMaL.

Over and out.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 6:44:54 AM PST
John M. Lane says:
Thanks for demonstrating how to take the high road, Bairn.

Have a nice day.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 6:48:51 AM PST
You can appeal to their Scipture as a source of peace and justice.....
http://mercyandmessiah.blogspot.ca/2012/11/does-allah-support-violence-and-invasion.html

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 8:06:04 AM PST
Ariex says:
Chameleon (Chamel to my friends) says: "Jews, Muslims, and Christians are all in the front lines of spreading hatred. They want men to hate men."

Ariex: Why blame religion for a "natural" reaction to something most people see as "unnatural", and usually disgusting. I try to be tolerant but so many gays try to push their agendas in everybody's face as you do here, and that only makes things worse. I'm not saying that gays should stay in the closet, they just shouldn't shout it out to the point that they are annoying and offensive.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 8:12:07 AM PST
Ariex says:
Chameleon (Chamel to my friends) says: "Please consider that maybe you haven't given this subject very much thought."

Ariex: Please consider that you have given the subject too much thought, and the result is an extreme and distorted view of those you perceive as haters.

Human nature being what it is, leaders often utilize hatred as a motivational tool to get followers enthusiastic to follow. I think the hatred is mostly the result of leadership making a big deal out of sexual orientation in order to have a "handle" on their followers. I do think you are way off the mark in saying that "they love to murder them".

As far as horse's objection, I'd say that your comments are somewhat disgusting half-truths and exaggerations. You are on the far left and horse is on the far right. The real picture is somewhere in the middle area.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 8:15:44 AM PST
Ariex says:
John M. Lane says: "Christians support peaceful negotiation instead of war and are also tolerant of other religions."

Ariex: But only because the fracturing of the Catholic stranglehold by protestant movements has broken Christianity's political control to the point that it can NO LONGER rule by force. The lessons of history are clear: If Christianity had as much political power as Islam does in many countries, oppression and violent control of the masses would be similar. It is not about religion, it is about human politics using religion as a tool to maintain power.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 8:19:03 AM PST
Ariex says:
John M. Lane says: "What do you think of their fatwas demanding the death of those deemed anti-Islamic?"

Ariex: what do you think of the Inquisition? What do you think of the Christian enslavement and conquest of Africans, American Indians, and other societies? The only reason Christianity has become more peaceful is because modern civilization has prevented the attrocities of the past committed by Christianity for well over a thousand years.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Religion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
1269 4 hours ago
Is Internal Religious Experience Proof of Anything? 573 42 seconds ago
I Guess It's Official. I Win the Amazon Religion Forum. 1427 3 minutes ago
Distortions in the New Age Movement 843 17 minutes ago
Science II 3974 20 minutes ago
Why are Creationists laughing at Evolution? 40 20 minutes ago
God: The Evidence 833 27 minutes ago
Atheism Evangelism on Discussion Forums 45 51 minutes ago
666 47 56 minutes ago
God's Presence 3678 1 hour ago
MIA 17 1 hour ago
Book about God 24 3 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Religion forum
Participants:  16
Total posts:  107
Initial post:  Nov 9, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 25, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions