Customer Discussions > Religion forum

Obama The AntiChrist? - All joking/politics/cynicism/absu... aside ... IS it *Possible*??

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 251-265 of 265 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jul 14, 2012 3:10:29 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 14, 2012 3:40:03 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 14, 2012 3:29:46 PM PDT
Eric Pyle says:
David,

Helpful tip from a former language teacher:

You keep typing "just assume," but you mean to say "just as soon."

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2012 8:09:23 AM PDT
>>>David Vincent says:
The whole 99% movement is hating on the rich. The far left hates big business, the free market, banks, corporate America.... The rich right get are SEVERELY discriminated against by the far left. The far left would just assume tax the rich right out of a hateful spite. What the left feels of the rich right is exacly what the far left Nazis felt of the successful Jews. Like they are all a bunch of greedy racists. <<<<

A few points for you to consider, David...

a) the percentage of the populace in this country who can be considered *far left* is probably less than 1%...........certainly less than 5%, by ANY definition.

b) The ordering of contemporary American society ensures that any human being in this country (with the possible exception of Bernie Saunders) who possesses political views anywhere near the *far left* has NOTHING TO DO WITH the running of this country. This country is controlled by a government comprised of people who are decidedly right wing politically. Both the Democrats and the Republicans are, on the whole, decidedly right wing.

c) those who would like to see the rich folks pay their fair share of taxes are NOT motivated by "hatred" for those folks; they are motivated --rightly or wrongly-- by an idea of fairness.

d) I agree somewhat with the latter part of your statement; -- many leftists in America no doubt DO view the wealthiest one percent as being, by and large, a bunch of **greedy racists**.

I certainly view them that way. (Mitt Romney is a good example)

The actions of the richest 1% often demonstrate just such a worldview.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2012 12:41:51 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2012 5:46:59 PM PDT
only as seen by a bamacrat

i see 90% loonie lefties
9% neutral moderates
and 1% real conservatives

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2012 7:07:21 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 15, 2012 7:08:14 PM PDT
>>>David Vincent says:
Obama and pals are very far left.<<<

We could not disagree more.

Since his election, Barry Obama has moved decidedly to the right, and in doing so has extended some of the worst elements of the counter-terrorism policies of the Bush administration. He has endorsed the use of military commissions, argued for the use of indefinite detention with no charges or legal recourse for Afghan prisoners, extended the USA Patriot Act, continued two wars while expanding the war in Afghanistan, and largely reproduced Bush's market-driven approach to school reform.

As Noam Chomsky points out, Obama has done NOTHING to alter the power and triumph of financial liberalization in the past thirty years. He bailed out banks and financial investment institutions at the expense of the 26.3 million Americans who are either unemployed or do not have full-time jobs along with the millions who have lost their homes. His chief economic and foreign policy advisers --Tim Geithner, Lawrence Summers, and Robert Gates-- represent a continuation of a military and big business orientation that is central to the ideologies and power relations of a undemocratic and increasingly bankrupt (iow) uber Rightwing) economic and political system.

While claiming to enact policies designed to reduce the federal deficit, Obama plans to cut many crucial domestic programs while increasing military spending, the intelligence budget, and foreign military aid. Obama requested a defense budget for 2011 of $708 billion, in addition to calling for $33 billion to finance the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. This budget is almost as large as the rest of the entire world's defense spending combined.

Obama is in NO sense a "left winger". No way, no how.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 5:40:21 AM PDT
Brian Curtis says:
"The whole 99% movement is hating on the rich."

And it couldn't possibly have anything to do with the way their greedy and underhanded schemes wrecked the entire national economy, could it? Nah, it's just envy and hatred....

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 1:26:06 PM PDT
mrs exp says:
Here for the Music,
Obama is not the Antichirst the Antichrist is going to perform miracles that if possible even the elect will be fooled. If he was there would probably no financial mess it would be straitened out. We would be prosperous and there would be cries of "Peace and Safety" and then . . .
exp

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 1:30:47 PM PDT
mrs exp says:
Alpha Wingoov Karen,
I agree with everything except, you knew there would be an except didn't you? What the heck does it matter if ID is taught in schools. What they are talking about happened in the past. It has nothing to do with science that is happening today. I wouldn't get to excited about it.
exp

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 1:35:35 PM PDT
mrs exp says:
Here for the Music,
You are so right about that. I don't understand that kind of thinking at all.
I don't see how anyone who is a Christian could not be concerned with helping the poor, handicaped and those unable to take care of themselves. There reasoning escapes me.

Especially the part that it isn't the role of government, the churches should do it or even individuals should help other individuals. Which is all true but would those who need help get it if only one individuals helped individuals or if even if only the churches helped. Not it takes all three and still all are not helped. What we need are jobs that pay enough to lift people out of poverty and education that doesn't teach just to pass the test.

We need accountability, responsibility and honesty. And less greed.
exp

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 1:36:11 PM PDT
I'm inclined to agree with you in this Mrs. Exp. That said; the cries of "peace and safety" are not too far off. We are being herded into the final one-world government.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 2:08:06 PM PDT
JanEll says:
Surely you jest!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 9:42:57 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 16, 2012 9:44:54 PM PDT
'probabilist says:
mrs. exp wrote:

> What the heck does it matter if ID is taught in schools?
> What they are talking about happened in the past.
> It has nothing to do with science that is happening today.
> I wouldn't get too excited about it.

This book suggests otherwise, with evidence in depth:

Paleoclimates: Understanding Climate Change Past and Present
by Thomas M. Cronin
(Columbia University Press, 2009)

All the best,

'prob

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 9:56:09 PM PDT
Hah!
We often do agree on everything "except" - don't we?... :)
I think I understand your point, my friend, but I have to disagree with it. ID is dishonest - a marketing ploy, deliberately created to attack science (wiki "Wedge Document"), and, as such, it has no business being taught in a science class. Maybe a marketing class, but not a science class. Although evolution is something that Darwin first talked about more than 100 years ago, much of what has come from evolutionary theory is still pertinent in science classes today - it's not some dusty, old out-dated theory, but an important part of much of current scientific study: biology, genetics, entomology, forestry, horticulture, anthropology, archaeology... and, I think, needs to be included in public school science curriculum.

(I myself have a different take on the evolution of mankind than either Darwin or the IDers - I tend to view the world metaphysically - but I believe that Darwin's use of the Scientific Method and evolutionary science are valuable and important for our young people to study and understand.)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2012 8:32:49 AM PDT
I am, therefore am I?
j6
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Religion forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Religion forum
Participants:  45
Total posts:  265
Initial post:  Jun 30, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions